Bacon, sausages and chocolate

Guest OnlineMarketer30

Guest guest30038

See the point? Brits come to live in Oz and bring with them delightful tales of sausage and bacon rolls and honey roast ham! - we want to share them with Australia.

The Royal We?

That may be your goal as a marketer/individual, but I can assure you that the vast majority of posts that get up folks' noses here on PIo are not about "sharing with Australia" but about "taking from" and expecting Australia to change for them, (as individuals).................take (change) with as little contribution (self change) as possible

I actually completely agree and obviously quality of life is different for everyone. That is why the UK is best for many, Australia for others, America for others etc etc.

I can't believe Chris you agree that quality of life is the key, and UK is so far behind.

:cute:My penny worth ......

i wouldn't touch either .... unless i knew where the pigs came from

Danish Bacon : hve you seen how they keep the pigs the sow cages piled on top of each other yum nice ...pumped with yummy fat

Australian Bacon : healthier bacon but sow cages ... they have reduced the number of cages ...but because of costs they are afraid to stop cages completely because it would mean higher costs which

will force imports from countries still using sow stalls.

So its ok you may get your DANISH bacOn in the end

If your not happy with that buy a pig !

To be honest i never noticed the choc taste differant in oz the times i have visited ( maybe i have dodgy taste buds )

I do think if you travel to the other side of the world you have to realise things will be differant ie foods ...people...

:wubclub:bring on 2017 when taz bans sow cages

Guest chris955

By all means twist my words, you will anyway. From a personal perspective the UK most definitely is not behind any country as far as quality of life goes, that is obviously true for many others as well. It's not for you and that is fine as we are all different as I said.

Guest chris955

Why on earth is it going to take another 6 years to ban them. They have been banned in the UK since 1999 and a Europe wide ban starts in 2013. It seems absurd to take such a ridiculous amount of time to change a Ora rise like this in this day and age.

:wubclub:bring on 2017 when taz bans sow cages

By all means twist my words, you will anyway. From a personal perspective the UK most definitely is not behind any country as far as quality of life goes, that is obviously true for many others as well. It's not for you and that is fine as we are all different as I said.

You like to twist the words, sometimes you make a statement, and back it with a poll, sometimes the polls are not what you like to hear.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/news/article.html?in_article_id=496971&in_page_id=2

Go google you will find lots between 17th & 26th, I did google Chris955 Quality of Life poll, but nothing came up!

You like to twist the words, sometimes you make a statement, and back it with a poll, sometimes the polls are not what you like to hear.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/news/article.html?in_article_id=496971&in_page_id=2

Go google you will find lots between 17th & 26th, I did google Chris955 Quality of Life poll, but nothing came up!

I keep telling Kev, don't let facts get in the way of one of chris's stories

Guest OnlineMarketer30

OK, I have just cooked my first Aussie bacon sarnie. (I've always eaten it in restaurants before cooking this morning). Thoughts as follows:

Too much fat in the bacon (it's not streaky, its supposed to be the good stuff). Compared to Danepak for example, there's way too much fat. I always cut the rind off anyway but the fat to meat ratio is still quite high.

It tastes and smells a bit smoky - I don't like smoky bacon unlike a lot of Brits. This is worrying, I think its because it is pre-cured.

Looks a bit sorry for itself on the sandwich - i.e because its technically been double cooked, it looks worn out! Whereas in UK, it always has that pink, fresh look.

Not very flavourful. I've been eating good bacon for 30 years, this is not the worst bacon I have tasted - that is probably anywhere in southern europe or the USA. This is edible but don't expect much if you are coming from the UK.

Thought I'd share my thoughts just after eating it. Treat this as opinion if you want or you may wish to believe it!

cheers!

Guest chris955

I'm not really following what you are saying. Are you saying that individuals can't decide for themselves which country gives THEM a better quality of life ? That seems a little strange to me, if a particular country doesn't give an individual what they are looking for then surely it makes sense to live somewhere that does give them what they want ? That is why Aussies live in the UK or America or Italy, Brits live in Australia, NZ, America or Spain etc etc etc. If there was one country for everyone, Utopia if you like, then that place would be full to overflowing.

Why on earth is it going to take another 6 years to ban them. They have been banned in the UK since 1999 and a Europe wide ban starts in 2013. It seems absurd to take such a ridiculous amount of time to change a Ora rise like this in this day and age.

its all to do with costs ( isn't it always ) ... it took 10 years for the crates to be phased out in the UK and tht was to do with costs i beleive .

although i do believe coles by 2014 will only stock sow stall free pork ...... a step further i guess .

OK, I have just cooked my first Aussie bacon sarnie. (I've always eaten it in restaurants before cooking this morning). Thoughts as follows:

Too much fat in the bacon (it's not streaky, its supposed to be the good stuff). Compared to Danepak for example, there's way too much fat. I always cut the rind off anyway but the fat to meat ratio is still quite high.

It tastes and smells a bit smoky - I don't like smoky bacon unlike a lot of Brits. This is worrying, I think its because it is pre-cured.

Looks a bit sorry for itself on the sandwich - i.e because its technically been double cooked, it looks worn out! Whereas in UK, it always has that pink, fresh look.

Not very flavourful. I've been eating good bacon for 30 years, this is not the worst bacon I have tasted - that is probably anywhere in southern europe or the USA. This is edible but don't expect much if you are coming from the UK.

Thought I'd share my thoughts just after eating it. Treat this as opinion if you want or you may wish to believe it!

cheers!

You sure you don't work for Plumrose?

Guest chris955

Yes it's a shame that economics should come before the welfare of animals.

its all to do with costs ( isn't it always ) ... it took 10 years for the crates to be phased out in the UK and tht was to do with costs i beleive .

although i do believe coles by 2014 will only stock sow stall free pork ...... a step further i guess .

I'm not really following what you are saying. Are you saying that individuals can't decide for themselves which country gives THEM a better quality of life ? That seems a little strange to me, if a particular country doesn't give an individual what they are looking for then surely it makes sense to live somewhere that does give them what they want ? That is why Aussies live in the UK or America or Italy, Brits live in Australia, NZ, America or Spain etc etc etc. If there was one country for everyone, Utopia if you like, then that place would be full to overflowing.

If I & others were going to spend the next year explaining it, you still wouldn't get it.

I'm not talking about an individual, I am talking about the verdict of a Poll!

Guest chris955

I'm not so sure I'm the one not getting it. What difference does the verdict of a poll make to an individuals quality of life ? None I wouldnt have thought. If the verdict of this or any other poll makes you as an individual feel better then that is a good thing. When I read that the Hyundai Getz is the most economical car to own and run it makes me feel good about my choice but I don't expect everyone to go out and buy one.

If I & others were going to spend the next year explaining it, you still wouldn't get it.

I'm not talking about an individual, I am talking about the verdict of a Poll!

Guest chris955

Now I know you are just throwing out some bait, not great bait I should add.

No different to keeping wildlife, and I presume some of it would be Australian wildlife in cages or tanks.

Guest chris955

My mice have a good life, the males have access to plenty of good looking (in a mousey way) females and the females do what they do best, have babies.

OK what about some live mice as bait!

Guest chris955

The babies have a great life, they are fed the best dry food and fresh veg. They are only fed to the snakes when they get bigger.

Your posts make me laugh!! I've been over here about a year, and since have practically turned vegetarian, and i used to be a complete chocoholic!! Now, maybe once every 2 months or so i head to surfers paradise to the british sweet shop and get some LOVELY english chocolate!! hahaha!!!! And any aussies i've spoken to don't understand it at all!! Ugh is all i can say!! haha!!

Guest siamsusie

Damn it .. in my research of Australia I failed dismally to look into the quality of..

chocolates

bacon

sausages

eggs

culture and history

prices and quality of houses

the shopping culture

newspapers

tv

book prices

I wish I had had an advance party to do all the research possible, because there are no books, or computers or radios available for me to have completed the task myself!

Integration ... I see and hear this word often.. god forbid foreigners that fail to integrate into our European ways, but here in Australia they expect the country to bend over backwards....

Nostalgia for your English produce is one thing , but to pull a country to bits for sheer lack of it is ignorance in the highest order.

Guest chris955

No, it's nature. In the wild most snakes eat rodents and that is carried over into captivity. Same with dogs and cats, they eat mostly meat. I definitely agree that keeping pigs in crates that won't allow them to turn around is incredibly cruel.

Cruel, I couldn't do it.But then pigs in cages is cruel also.

No, it's nature. In the wild most snakes eat rodents and that is carried over into captivity. Same with dogs and cats, they eat mostly meat. I definitely agree that keeping pigs in crates that won't allow them to turn around is incredibly cruel.

any creature in captivity in cages is cruel imo