Bacon, sausages and chocolate

Guest OnlineMarketer30

Guest OnlineMarketer30
Well I am going to be tucking into my inferior chocolate today and enjoying every piece of it.

rather you than me!

I hate Australian eggs, they are totally inferior in every way to UK eggs, I blame the chickens. I should add though that apparently Tasmanian eggs are the best in the world and only $1 a dozen with free delivery :biggrin:

the eggs I buy here in Redcliffe market are from "The Big Egg Man" they average 1000g, free range, nearly every one is at least a double yoker! Chris most of British eggs are crap IMO, they are imported from Europe, only a few months ago there was a scare with salmonella poisening with a shipment from Holland or Spain

Guest siamsusie
I hate Australian eggs, they are totally inferior in every way to UK eggs, I blame the chickens. I should add though that apparently Tasmanian eggs are the best in the world and only $1 a dozen with free delivery :biggrin:

:wink:No I damn well have to fetch them from my brother in law, I dont know why I bother though I much prefer the eggs lying on the super market shelves

Stick to commenting on something you know about love

:mad:

Could you be anymore condescending? As a woman I find this remark totally out of order and offensive. I wonder if you knew that Tracey123 was actually male would you be so quick in saying that he was naive and stupid?

Guest siamsusie
the eggs I buy here in Redcliffe market are from "The Big Egg Man" they average 1000g, free range, nearly every one is at least a double yoker! Chris most of British eggs are crap IMO, they are imported from Europe, only a few months ago there was a scare with salmonella poisening with a shipment from Holland or Spain

Holland:elvis: salmonella:elvis: they were probably dope filled!

Guest guest30038
thanks for the info - pigs are pigs though, they just need to learn to stop curing the bacon here! Also, stop smoking the ham! :biggrin:

You've missed the point of my previous explanation completely. Assie culture/food is not going to change simply because you think Brit pork/bacon/ham tastes better............you are a minority. The minorities may eventually influence the market to some extent, but Aussies appear to be quite satisfied with the way their bacon tastes.............thank you. If you don't like it, don't buy it. If you'd like to change it.............be entreprenurial and set up your own production line to produce it.

I would hazard a guess that there's enough capitalist brains out there in Australia to appreciate that if a certain produce would be marketable in sufficient quantities to warrant a go at profit making from it, then it would have happened by now.

Guest mozziebite

crikey is someone not allowed to say the bacon and sossies are crap in Aus without getting a lorryload of insults and history lessons! I reckon you folk in Aus are secetly pining for some crispy Danish straight off the barbie, had some this morning, mmmmmmm

Stick with Lindt Lindor choc, it hasnt been meddled with

Guest guest30038
are you joking?? I'm trying to get to the bottom of this, it's not my fault if you come back with something like 'it's the type of pig!' Yes, there are different pigs but it's not the cut, its the method of curing/preparation. Also the pigs here are the same as the Danish ones.

No they're not....they grunt in Australian english not in Danish and if you take a close look at pork/bacon/ham you will see that it carries nowhere near as much fat as danish

are you joking?? I'm trying to get to the bottom of this, it's not my fault if you come back with something like 'it's the type of pig!' Yes, there are different pigs but it's not the cut, its the method of curing/preparation. Also the pigs here are the same as the Danish ones.

Right, this isn't opinion anymore, it's a fact that there is no better bacon in the world than Danish back bacon. I've eaten bacon all over the world and know this to be true. Its bizarre Aussies dont have it. Thats all I'm saying here. It's the equivalent of the rich and famous driving round in beat up old Hyundai's. Why have cotton when you can have silk? You expect it in places like America where they just want fat and salt but Aus has so much nice food, its a shame they are missing out.

Dont reply saying ' thats your opinion', I'm telling you that Bacon, Sausage and Choc is inferior in Aus. Thereas some other things too but lets not get into that...

Oh well. Everything else here is great!:biggrin:

We love the bacon here, it is done the way we like it. Read my signature!

Guest guest30038
crikey is someone not allowed to say the bacon and sossies are crap in Aus without getting a lorryload of insults and history lessons!

It's not the fact that they said they were crap............it's the fact that they said it was a fact not an opinion. That, married to the inference that Australia should change it's ways simply because they have an opinion...............quote "Dont reply saying ' thats your opinion', I'm telling you that Bacon, Sausage and Choc is inferior in Aus.....................get it now? :rolleyes:

The above quote is so typical of the crap so often spewed out at meet n' greets of Brits......................the perpetrators often on their way back to pommy Land within a couple of years..................the pompous nationalitic bellowing of those who refuse to accept that things in Oz don't need to change................it is they who need to be more accepting of their decision ot move to a different culture.

One only has to look at the palaver that followed a thread on hallal meats in the UK that was an inflammatory thread a while ago. Brits don't like others changing their country but they come here expecting australia to accoomodate them

Guest guest36762
All I know about eggs in the UK is that I am allergic to them and they made me sick. No problems eating them in the USA or Australia so not too sure what is different with them.

sounds like it's in your mind

i get given eggs quite often, beautiful local eggs, free range of course

Guest OnlineMarketer30
:mad:

Could you be anymore condescending? As a woman I find this remark totally out of order and offensive. I wonder if you knew that Tracey123 was actually male would you be so quick in saying that he was naive and stupid?

yes. Although you'll find it was him/her that actually started the condescending if you read the threads... I dont attack, just defend. thanks

Guest chris955

I'm assuming as they average 1 kilo they are ostrich eggs ? :wink:

The salmonella problem is a worry, a local producer in Jacobs Well just had to recall it's eggs because of it and it is a huge problem in America and throughout Australia as well. Not good.

Guest chris955

I must admit I can't imagine what could possibly be in an egg throughout an entire country that could make someone sick that isn't in another country ?

We are going to keep our own chickens in England, there is nothing like home grown eggs.

sounds like it's in your mind

i get given eggs quite often, beautiful local eggs, free range of course

Guest OnlineMarketer30

I would hazard a guess that there's enough capitalist brains out there in Australia to appreciate that if a certain produce would be marketable in sufficient quantities to warrant a go at profit making from it, then it would have happened by now.

well you would think so although the reason I'm here is to help Australian marketing as they are quite a way behind the UK. ..

Guest guest30038
well you would think so although the reason I'm here is to help Australian marketing as they are quite a way behind the UK. ..

You have a way with words...................:rolleyes:

Guest OnlineMarketer30
It's not the fact that they said they were crap............it's the fact that they said it was a fact not an opinion. That, married to the inference that Australia should change it's ways simply because they have an opinion...............quote "Dont reply saying ' thats your opinion', I'm telling you that Bacon, Sausage and Choc is inferior in Aus.....................get it now? :rolleyes:

The above quote is so typical of the crap so often spewed out at meet n' greets of Brits......................the perpetrators often on their way back to pommy Land within a couple of years..................the pompous nationalitic bellowing of those who refuse to accept that things in Oz don't need to change................it is they who need to be more accepting of their decision ot move to a different culture.

One only has to look at the palaver that followed a thread on hallal meats in the UK that was an inflammatory thread a while ago. Brits don't like others changing their country but they come here expecting australia to accoomodate them

Had to comment on this - you have to be careful when you're crossing the religious boundaries here - Brits arent coming over saying give us Halal or holy water, we're saying, here's some better tasting food, why not stock it in your supermarkets, you'll soon realise that this is an improvement.

Where would the world be if everyone had your attitude of "like it or lump it"and "this is what we eat, deal with it" ? I tell you where, Germans would be the only ones eating frankfurters, Italians would be the only ones eating pizzas and ice cream, Indians would be the only ones eating curries and French people would be the only ones eating frogs legs (well, they still are but thats because no one else would!).

See the point? Brits come to live in Oz and bring with them delightful tales of sausage and bacon rolls and honey roast ham! - we want to share them with Australia.

You have a way with words...................:rolleyes:

I believe that the most important is Quality of Life, and UK is so far behind I believe 26th spot below Greece.That is more important than bloody bacon is crap.

Some people here come in with Blazing guns, but soon run out of ammo! Seen them come & seen them go, but it is entertaining after all!:jiggy:

Guest OnlineMarketer30
God help Australia

prayers have been answered!.. here I am!!

:notworthy:

OK I'm off to cook this bacon I bought, we'll see how it goes. Imagine if its actually alright! hahaha

Guest chris955

I actually completely agree and obviously quality of life is different for everyone. That is why the UK is best for many, Australia for others, America for others etc etc.

I believe that the most important is Quality of Life, and UK is so far behind I believe 26th spot below Greece.That is more important than bloody bacon is crap.

Guest guest30038

Where would the world be if everyone had your attitude of "like it or lump it"and "this is what we eat, deal with it" ?

Seems you're reading between the lines. "I haven't said like it or lump it" I've challenged your opinion. You say that Brit is best simply because your taste buds tell you so. You've asserted that (my words) "the bacon and sausage is crap" and asked why Aussies don't change.............to what?.............to suit your tastebuds?

I've explained why it is the way it is, as have others (which is what you asked), although subsequent replies from yourself seem to indicate that is not what you were really driving at. As a marketer, you should know that if there is a viable market, then it's likely that it would have happened by now...............the English taste for bacon was here long before the Choritzo sausage.........Obviously there's a market for that and not English type bacon................although I can guarantee that the choritzos are always marked down in Coles, either because they're over-priced or folk simply don't want 'em