gr8leo87

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am confused and need opinion from you guys, specially the ones who did their meds in Dubai

Kuwait is the place where I live but after a week, I will be going to Dubai for 3 weeks. Now should I get my meds done in Kuwait or Dubai?

Option A - If I do it in Kuwait and if something is pending/missing, I won't be able to do anything for next 3 weeks

Option B - If I do it in Dubai and if it is not finalized in those 3 weeks or something is missing/pending, then do I have to go back from Kuwait to Dubai or can the things get fixed in Kuwait itself?

:eek:

Probably its best to get it done in Kuwait, but as its online Iam sure all the clinics will be linked, and you can provide anything missing to any of the clinics. I think its safe to call up the clinic and ask them. Also its very rare that once you finished your medicals and they call you up for something missing, but they are very professional and have checklist of all the things and they wont let you go unless the finished all the required tests.

say if I go with option B,

- how much does it cost to do meds in Dubai?

- Dubai London Clinic - Garhound Branch or Jumeirah Branch? which one is better

- Do I have to call the clinic and get an appointment?

- Any other point that I should keep in mind?

thanks

Goto Garhoud (inside Festival city, IKEA). I had good experience of getting medicals there, so cant say much about jumeira branch . It will take around 600Dhs for adult and around 300 for kids. You can get an appointment on phone. Probably if you call now, you will get appointment for this week hopefully.

Just go with passport, photos and forms, including the referral letter and you will be fine.

time is passing very slow even after med call :) ... very hard to work with same interest :laugh:

Yes you are right, very slow.

Today is 28th day since my PCC call and two weeks have passed since submission of last PCC. I Need prayers to get grant tomorrow :wink:.

Bro djmalik,

I did my medicals in Dubai London Clinic (Jumeirah Branch), I believe cost is around AED 650/ adult. Kids I am not sure. Experience was good.

Regards,

Oh dear! It's pretty expensive there whereas in Karachi, IOM charges Rs 5600 per adult (AED 198).

Hello Everyone,

Since May 2012 turn is about to come (InshaAllah) so Ifeel I should acquire PCC.

I was in UAE from 2004 to 2008 and now I am in Kuwait. Doyou think it is possible to get UAE PCC with the help of my friend residing in UAE?If I am doing it through him I will be providing him my passport copy, my oldresidence copy, picture etc. However, I won’t be able to provide my fingerprints and all.

Any help and guidance will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

ICT Business Analyst | Visa: 176 SS(WA) Applied MAY2012 | Form80 sent JUN2012 | Waiting..

Hello Everyone,

Since May 2012 turn is about to come (InshaAllah) so Ifeel I should acquire PCC.

I was in UAE from 2004 to 2008 and now I am in Kuwait. Doyou think it is possible to get UAE PCC with the help of my friend residing in UAE?If I am doing it through him I will be providing him my passport copy, my oldresidence copy, picture etc. However, I won’t be able to provide my fingerprints and all.

Any help and guidance will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

ICT Business Analyst | Visa: 176 SS(WA) Applied MAY2012 | Form80 sent JUN2012 | Waiting..

Yes, you can. Check UAE's police website information should be there. Searching Google can help also.

Yes, you can. Check UAE's police website information should be there. Searching Google can help also.

Actually, I checked and couldn't find such case. There aActually, I checked and couldn't find such case. There were 2 cases:

1. If outside UAE, you do it through embassy and there you have to provide them with fingerprint.

2. If inside, then you go personally show them original passport, resident visa etc

My case is 3rd one, where I am avoiding embassy as there are many cases on different forums where people are complaining about no response and bad service.

Hi everyone ... just sharing a post regarding DoT WA driving license procedure that might be beneficial for those having WA SS ...

If you have a Pakistan driving license, then the procedure for WA is as follows:

1- GET NOC. You need to get an NOC from the same licensing branch in Pakistan from where you got your license.

2- ATTEST NOC by FO. Then that NOC needs to be attested by the Foreign office (http://www.mofa.gov.pk/content.php?pageID=consaffairs)

3- GET AUTHENTICITY LETTER FROM CONSULATE/HI COMMISSION. Send the attested NOC along with attested photocopy of your NIC, Passport & Driving license to Pakistan High Commission in Canberra or the Consulate General of Pakistan in Sydney. You will need to send attestation fee of 8 AUD as fee in the form of postal money order along with a return envelope (postage paid). See http://www.pakistan.org.au/driving_license.php for more details.

4- RECEIVE THE LETTER. Consulate/High Commission will send you a letter saying that your Pakistan driving license is authentic. They will also send a copy to your state's department of Transport. Now you can apply for the license in Australia.

5- PASS THE THEORY AND PRACTICAL DRIVING TEST: You have to read the road rules for passing the theory test, and then I suggest at least a class or two with a professional driving school to get good tips on practical driving in Australia.http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/licensing/20669.asp

Also Please note that there is a 2 year requirement. This is from the DoT WA website: "Provisional licence: If you are under 19 years of age or have held your overseas licence for less than two years, you will be granted a provisional WA driver’s licence. " Seehttp://www.transport.wa.gov.au/mediaFiles/marine/LBU_DL_B_AuthDriveWAOverseas.pdf

NB:

Before going there it is advisable to do step 1 & 2.

For step 2 (only for those in Karachi ):

MFO office adjacent to the gate of FTC on Shahra-e-Faisal. They close the gate at 1200 Hrs. I don't know the rest of the official procedure. I used an agent and got it in 1 hr otherwise it takes around 2-3 days. So the choice is between time and money. Also I don't know the procedure for NOC also, I used a 'Jugar'.

Stay safe and remember me in your prayers ...

Actually, I checked and couldn't find such case. There aActually, I checked and couldn't find such case. There were 2 cases:

1. If outside UAE, you do it through embassy and there you have to provide them with fingerprint.

2. If inside, then you go personally show them original passport, resident visa etc

My case is 3rd one, where I am avoiding embassy as there are many cases on different forums where people are complaining about no response and bad service.

Fly to UAE and get this done, it's not more than a 1 day job.

Hi everyone ... just sharing a post regarding DoT WA driving license procedure that might be beneficial for those having WA SS ...

If you have a Pakistan driving license, then the procedure for WA is as follows:

3- GET AUTHENTICITY LETTER FROM CONSULATE/HI COMMISSION. Send the attested NOC along with attested photocopy of your NIC, Passport & Driving license to Pakistan High Commission in Canberra or the Consulate General of Pakistan in Sydney. You will need to send attestation fee of 8 AUD as fee in the form of postal money order along with a return envelope (postage paid). See http://www.pakistan.org.au/driving_license.php for more details.

Thanks for sharing. I have one question Attested photocopy of NIC, Passport and Driving license, all three to be attested from Foreign Office ?

1- GET NOC. You need to get an NOC from the same licensing branch in Pakistan from where you got your license.

2- ATTEST NOC by FO. Then that NOC needs to be attested by the Foreign office (http://www.mofa.gov.pk/content.php?pageID=consaffairs)

4- RECEIVE THE LETTER. Consulate/High Commission will send you a letter saying that your Pakistan driving license is authentic. They will also send a copy to your state's department of Transport. Now you can apply for the license in Australia.

5- PASS THE THEORY AND PRACTICAL DRIVING TEST: You have to read the road rules for passing the theory test, and then I suggest at least a class or two with a professional driving school to get good tips on practical driving in Australia.http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/licensing/20669.asp

Also Please note that there is a 2 year requirement. This is from the DoT WA website: "Provisional licence: If you are under 19 years of age or have held your overseas licence for less than two years, you will be granted a provisional WA driver’s licence. " Seehttp://www.transport.wa.gov.au/mediaFiles/marine/LBU_DL_B_AuthDriveWAOverseas.pdf

NB:

Before going there it is advisable to do step 1 & 2.

For step 2 (only for those in Karachi ):

MFO office adjacent to the gate of FTC on Shahra-e-Faisal. They close the gate at 1200 Hrs. I don't know the rest of the official procedure. I used an agent and got it in 1 hr otherwise it takes around 2-3 days. So the choice is between time and money. Also I don't know the procedure for NOC also, I used a 'Jugar'.

Stay safe and remember me in your prayers ...

Great info bro, already received NOC. I will visit foreign office someday.

BTW, is there any restriction for the NOC issuance date? for example NOC issuance date should not be more than 6 months or 1 year?

[TABLE=class: tableborder, width: 1]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]3[/TD]

[TD]SMP

(subclass 176, 475, 487, 886)[/TD]

[TD]12 months[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]SkillSelect SMP

(subclass 190 and 489)[/TD]

[TD]6 months[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Seems 190 pushed to priority3, but still their processing time is 6 months.

[TR]

[TD=align: center]3

[/TD]

[TD]SMP

(subclass 176, 475, 487, 886)

[/TD]

[TD]12 months

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]SkillSelect SMP

(subclass 190 and 489)

[/TD]

[TD]6 months

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

It is the latest update? 176 Means Sub class 176 WA nominated?? 12 onths from the date of application or Assignment of CO, and i beleive it is for Hig hrisk countries like Pakistan.

Cheers

[TR]

[TD=align: center]3

[/TD]

[TD]SMP

(subclass 176, 475, 487, 886)

[/TD]

[TD]12 months

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]SkillSelect SMP

(subclass 190 and 489)

[/TD]

[TD]6 months

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Its the same from start I believe......

It is the latest update? 176 Means Sub class 176 WA nominated?? 12 onths from the date of application or Assignment of CO, and i beleive it is for Hig hrisk countries like Pakistan.

Cheers

Brother they havn't mentioned High Risk and Low Risk in front of Priority 3 and 4. You can check here: http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charters/client-services-charter/visas/8.0.htm

Its the same from start I believe......

No 190 was in P2, as far as I remember and it was above 176 in the table. Now its fallen below 176 and placed in P3 category.

Saw this in on of the other forum

State sponsorship opening again next month i.e. September 2013, but with the revised policy of no priority over others should bring a relief (i.e. Pro-rata processing) to all candidates with same priority processing.

Probably they will consider same priority for 176 and 190, lets see.

Cheers

Yes 12 months is for application processing time for 176 SMP as per service standard.

Archived