Previous TRA validity for new application as general electrician

electrical guy

• 4 weeks later...
hi 2&3, yes i understand its validity but my question is will diac accept applications with previous tra when they have changed assessing authority for some occupations and countries in july 2010 .general electrician are one of them who now assessed under vetassess .

thanks

Hi there,

Have you tried approaching DIAC as well as relevant assessing body yourself? What answer have they given you? What I would do if I were in your shoes, I would provide them with a copy of your assessment results and ask them if it still could be used to lodge a brand new visa application. Alternatively, you can get a professional advice from Migration Agent.

Regards,

MOTO

hi 2&3, yes i understand its validity but my question is will diac accept applications with previous tra when they have changed assessing authority for some occupations and countries in july 2010 .general electrician are one of them who now assessed under vetassess .

thanks

I may be wrong but i think that they have changed again back to TRA not Vetassess.

that was the reply i got form TRA Thank you for your enquiry to Trades Recognition Australia (TRA).

The occupation of General Electrician, India, falls under the new Offshore Skills Assessment Program.

If you are applying under the General Skills Migration (GSM) program and hold a passport from one of the nominated countries and are seeking a skills assessment in one of the nominated occupations, you need to apply under the Offshore Skills Assessment Program (OSAP). TRA approved RTOs conduct the skills assessments under the OSAP.

TRA Approved RTOs are available on the TRA website on the Offshore Skills Assessment Program Useful Links page. Your chosen RTO will provide all the information required to lodge a skills assessment, including where the assessment and techical interview will take place.

Detailed information on the OSAP is available on our website www.deewr.gov.au/tra.

EXCEPTIONS:

· If you are applying for a skills assessment under the Employer Nomination Scheme or a State Migration Plan, you should apply to TRA under the Skilled Worker Program.

· If you are applying under GSM from within Australia and hold an AQF trade qualification based on studies in Australia, you are not eligible to apply under the Offshore Skills Assessment Program.

All replies to this email must be forwarded to traenquiries@deewr.gov.au if you require the matter to be actioned.

Trades Recognition Australia

Australian Government Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations

Phone 61 2 6121 7456 | Fax 61 2 6276 9812

www.deewr.gov.au/tra

Archived