457 processing times

Lexi

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congrats, What where the issues on character? Ready to apply for next week but very nervous.

It was classed a substantial record, so quite serious in the eyes of immigration (Dating back 18 years though).

Try not to be too nervous, it can be done if you can prove you're reformed :)

• 3 weeks later...

I done mine myself, once my boss gave me my TFN, lodged 7/2/12 approved 14/3/13 no police checks or med's needed, only reason it took a little while was due to the pay needing to be increased because of the july change from 49k to 51.4k, but all sorted and approved :)

Mine took exactly 6 weeks. It's fairly quick depending on the position your going for and what the relationship is with immigration and your employer, larger Australian owned and managed companies usually get approved faster than others I've noticed

Hi gys can any one tell me what is departmental checks

my time line is below

nomination approved on 20 feb 2013

visa lodged 18 feb 2013

medical finalised 24 feb 2013

further information requested 25 feb 2013 ( proof of health insurance)

information received 3 march 2013

Now waiting for approval my MA sent email to case officer he said he is waiting for departmental check when this all done he will make decision as possible, can anyone tell me what is departmental check how long they take as im already waiting for 4 weeks.

Guest guest71715

I have noticed from this thread that a few of you got over on a 457. We are hoping to get to sydney this year and can only apply for a 457 because we dont have the points to apply for a permenant visa. My worry is that myself and my oh are both in our mid 40,s . Can you give me advice on how easy it is to get PR when arriving on a 457

thanks

Hi, what sort of character issues do you mean? I have a spent absolute discharge for having a knife in my car. (Long, boring story). I was not fined and no jail time. I am so scared this is going to affect our 457 visa result. I was told in court my character was not in question. Am just wondering if I have anything to worry about. It was only two years ago.

Cheers

Hi, I'm going to be going over to Oz from the uk, hopefully some time this year.

I'm coming over on a 417, the question I'm asking is has anyone went over on a 417,

And found a company to sponsor them, for a 457? I'm a time served welder with 6 years

Experience.

• 1 month later...

My daughter-in-law's company applied for a 457 for her over three weeks ago now. Is it a bad sign that she hasn't heard anything yet?

What is the average time-frame for the granting of a 457 when it is is applied for onshore by a large Australian company?

Does it make a difference when there are state and school holidays going on, I wonder? Maybe the case officer has been on hols with her/his kids?

My daughter-in-law's company applied for a 457 for her over three weeks ago now. Is it a bad sign that she hasn't heard anything yet?

What is the average time-frame for the granting of a 457 when it is is applied for onshore by a large Australian company?

Does it make a difference when there are state and school holidays going on, I wonder? Maybe the case officer has been on hols with her/his kids?

4 weeks is generally the timeline you should be working to - although as you say there has been public holidays for Easter and ANZAC Day which will have delayed the process slightly. Have patience, i'm sure it will be approved as soon as possible. I think 457 approvals are generally straightforward, especially when a large Australian company has applied (these guys know the process inside out) - what's not straighforward is the timelines. Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived