457 processing times

Lexi

Guest jmahood
Thanks J ,fingers crossed that yours isnt far off !

I honestly think its hit and miss regarding timelines and also dependent on which office is handling

your visa ...how long have you been waiting for approval ,and where r u headed ?

I feel like it's been a lifetime, it has certainly gone beyond the 22 days maximum DIAC claim they take. I originally thought the visa had been presented on 5th May, only to find the migration lawyer didn't present until 17th June - he forgot! :sad: Then we got a message last week to say that no supporting documentation had been presented, so that was a waste of another 3 weeks, as this info was all sent prior to 5th May. Our status has changed recently and as far as I am aware we are on the home straight, but its been emotionally exhausting, that's for sure! I've booked a flight now so it had better be here by then!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest girlinOZ
OMG

We have our visas, I went on line to look this morning and it says applicant approved. Please tell me this means we have got it, I am in shock.:yellow_guy_smiling_

CONGRATS PP41!! you do indeed have it! mine said the same thing on June 26! after reading these posts I am sooooo glad I didn't hire a migration agent or lawyer...just did it myself with my b/f help. the MA wanted $900 which I didn't have!

I AM NOW IN AUSTRALIA AS OF JULY 29!! YAY! just visiting my b/f's family here in Nambour before flying back to Townsville! I AM SOOOO HAPPY! begin my new job in a couple of weeks! Good luck to everyone else! HANG IN THERE! I know it is hard but the reward is in the end!:cute:

Guest Pollypocket41

Spoke with our Visa agent today and apprantly we dont have to send our passports as its electronic and DIAC just keep a record of it when we enter Australia ? Has anyone else been told this. Will we need a copy of the visa for anything else like renting a house or for when I look for a new job ?

Congratulatiosn to all those that have got their visas. have to say feeling a little scared today :huh:

Well we are still in Limbo! - thought they were doing 457's quicker now, but we have still heard absolutely nothing, still at the employer stage! - AAgghhh

Sarah

Hi everyone,

I have been following this thread for about 15 days now and i'm happy to say that my visa has been approved!

Application submitted 09.07.2011

fee received 09.07.2011

Nomination and sponsorship approved 13.07.2011

Medicals Finalized 20.7.2011

Applicant approved 29.07.2011

It has been processed at the Sydney Paramatta office and i have taken the help of an agent.

I wish the visa gets approved in such a quick time for everyone :)

Hi All,

Me and my family are immigrating to Australia in the coming months and are currently going through the visa process (457 nominated visa). Our case officer has asked us to provide evidence of insurance cover in the interim period before we register for medicare through the reciprocal agreement.

Has anone else come across this? we dont know if we have to sign up for one of the medical insurance companies (IMAN or the BUPA equivalent for eg), or whether we can just get travel insurance for the UK to cover us until we get the medicare card?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

:confused:

Oh Yeah !!

Visa granted this morning off to Perth August ,better get my skates on now !!

Time line

24/06/11 app submitted,12/07/11 Health reqs finalised, 30/07/11 Applicant Approved

Many thanks to everyone who answered my queries on the forum,and good luck to those still waiting

Congratulations Tony, you must be relieved! What was that, about 6 weeks for your visa?

Poor old Jmahood still waiting. He started at the same time as us back in May but his agent mucked it up.

I've not been on for a few days as we finally left our house last night after Crown relocations collected our shipment stuff on Friday. Now staying with my Mum until we fly on 15th August to Melbourne. Things fairly move on once your Visa is granted so time will fly by now Tony. That 8 week 1 day wait for our Visa was still one of the most frustating experiences of my life.

Time to start posting in other threads now that the old crew (apart from poor old JM) have now got their Visa's. Good luck to all the new PIO posters waiting in the Visa eternal hell departure lounge, I know how you feel and have my sympathies.

Regards,

Scotty

Guest asadns
Hi everyone,

I have been following this thread for about 15 days now and i'm happy to say that my visa has been approved!

Application submitted 09.07.2011

fee received 09.07.2011

Nomination and sponsorship approved 13.07.2011

Medicals Finalized 20.7.2011

Applicant approved 29.07.2011

It has been processed at the Sydney Paramatta office and i have taken the help of an agent.

I wish the visa gets approved in such a quick time for everyone :)

Hello,

Congrats man. Wt is your country of origin?

Guest jmahood
Hi All,

Me and my family are immigrating to Australia in the coming months and are currently going through the visa process (457 nominated visa). Our case officer has asked us to provide evidence of insurance cover in the interim period before we register for medicare through the reciprocal agreement.

Has anone else come across this? we dont know if we have to sign up for one of the medical insurance companies (IMAN or the BUPA equivalent for eg), or whether we can just get travel insurance for the UK to cover us until we get the medicare card?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

:confused:

You have to provide health insurance with your 457 application. Your health insurance shouldn't be an interim until you get there, you'll need to keep the insurance and run it alongside your medicare (which is free but only provides basic care) otherwise you'll end up with huge medial bills. Try HBA. http://www.bupa.com.au

Guest Dave f87

hi everyone. first post on this site in a while. im currently in perth as an electrician and lodged the nomination and visa just over 4 weeks ago and my visa status changed to processing further a week ago. havent seen my gf and son in 5 months. i see a lot of you have done medicals which i didnt think 457 required.

do they request everyone to now do medicals?

cheers guys

Guest Pollypocket41

Hi Dave

My partner ans son did not require medicals at all and I just needed a basic medical, no blood work or chest x ray. I think it depends on what job you are going to do in Oz, if you are from a low risk country and have any pre exsisting medical conditions. Hope this helps.:cool:

Hi everyone,

Can anyone tell me how long the Nomination part of the 457 is taking ??

My OH has a job offer with a company in Melbourne arranged by a recruitment agent, he was also organising the visa. We have had no end of problems with this guy and never get replies to emails so I decided to apply for the 457 myself as he said that the Nomination had been submitted at the beginning of June, I have mananged to get the ABN and checked the progress and the visa was only submitted on 5th July !!!.

I'm really worried now as we are in a temp rental and due to move out in 5 weeks and the Nomination isn't thorugh yet !!!

Lynne

Guest chanurahemal

Hi all,

I am back to the discussion again. I got approved my 457 visa and i am working in Canberra at the movement.Now my wife's visa has submitted 21/07/2011 and she did her x-ray 25/07/2011 in Dunedin,New zealand. Still her x-ray is not received and status say x-ray should be done.I guess my wife's visa processing office is Melbourne since my visa also processed there.Is there any delay of processing these days? if anybody has a idea about the processing time of 457 dependent visa?please let me know

Cheers

Chanura

Well, Chanura it seems like melbourne office is on slower side. Our application submitted on 22nd june., and still waiting for approval. No movement at all for past few weeks. Nsw office is faster ...Hope this helps.:rolleyes:

Hi all,

I am back to the discussion again. I got approved my 457 visa and i am working in Canberra at the movement.Now my wife's visa has submitted 21/07/2011 and she did her x-ray 25/07/2011 in Dunedin,New zealand. Still her x-ray is not received and status say x-ray should be done.I guess my wife's visa processing office is Melbourne since my visa also processed there.Is there any delay of processing these days? if anybody has a idea about the processing time of 457 dependent visa?please let me know

Cheers

Chanura

Well, Chanura it seems like melbourne office is on slower side. Our application submitted on 22nd june., and still waiting for approval. No movement at all for past few weeks. Nsw office is faster ...Hope this helps.:rolleyes:

I am also still waiting for my visa application! It was submitted through the Melbourne office on the 7th June. They seem to be very slow.

Guest chanurahemal
I am also still waiting for my visa application! It was submitted through the Melbourne office on the 7th June. They seem to be very slow.

Hi,

but my visa application submitted 25/05/2011 and got approved 29/06/2001 from melbourne. Hopefully my wife's one also will get soon and yours also.thanks

Cheers

Chanura Hemal

Guest Revs30

Hi everyone,

People will either remember me or not but I havent been on here for about 5 weeks as everything has been a bit hectic!

We flew out here (Melbourne) in June on a 457 visa sponsored through my wifes work. We are currently living in the Northern Suburbs due to locality of her work place and are having a great time. If any of you are coming out here with kids then they will LOVE it. So much to do and parks literally everywhere! Beaches near the CBD are only 30 mins drive or 25 minutes in a tram which only costs $7. Things aren't as dear as i previously imagined. Once you start earning dollars and forget about exchange rate then everything seems normal.

Anyway................sorry to go on a bit, will just cut to chase now.

With having 2 kids in daycare the fees are very high without PR, we are paying around $350 a week for each child! Works out to be $2800 a month. What with that as well as renting a 3 bed for $1700 a month it does all add up. With PR the daycare costs will practically half as you can claim some benefits such as rebate. Anyway, just to let people know that if they wanted to apply for PR and if it will be sponsored through their work then they don't necessarily (have i spelt that right? not sure lol) have to wait 2 years like most places are saying. We have been here 7 weeks, we are already in process of employer sponsorship for PR after only 4 weeks in work. All forms done by both us and employer and put in. Should be through within 4 months they said :) The employers said that they can 'waver' the 2 years as its employer sponsored as long as she agrees to work for them for an extra year. Doesn't have to be in same office either, as long as its with the same company. That means we aren't tied down here and can move elsewhere if we want to which is good as will probably move further round the coast SE side after a year or so.

Sorry to go on a bit but I thought this might help at least someone as it is a huge weight off our back knowing that we will have PR soon.

All the best

Archived