457 processing times

Lexi

Guest hmamoun

14/9/2010 Sponor approve

8/2/2011 Nom. approve

17/03/2011 Application received - processing Commenced 17/03/2011 Application fee received 08/04/2011 Application being processed further

17/03/2011 Application received - processing commenced 17/03/2011 Application fee received 08/04/2011 Application being processed further

05/05/2011 Further information required

17/05/2011 Information received

8/6/2011Health requirements finalised

I am from Egypt, e457 to VIC., Mechanical engineering technician.

I do not know when will i get visa? do you have any Idea??

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest saffainoz

Hi hmamoun, CO stands for Case Officer.

My timeline as follows in case anyone is interested:

07/06/2011 - Application Received - Processing commenced

13/06/2011 - Health Requirements finalized

My application is being processed by Parramatta office.

Other than that, no news so sitting tight like a tiger.

Great idea Scotty I'm 11 weeks and counting!

Hi jmahood, I feel your pain, but as far as DIAC are concerned they will still think you are only in week two as that is when your migration agent submitted your 457 application. If you now have to wait another 6 weeks like us you will be pulling your hair out!!!

I think your migration agent is as good as ours - as much use as a chocolate teapot!

I think if we ever get to Oz I will do the PR visa myself and not bother with an agent.

Regards,

Scotty

Guest hmamoun
Hi,

I am so happy,I received my visa approval confirmation letter too today.Have to go to Auckland to get stamped my visa.According to the new rules,Australian government is so keen to issue 457 visa and they have reduced the processing time from 21 to 11 business days.You all will get your visa soon.Good luck.

:hug:

progress.gif

when did you start??

Guest jmahood
Hi jmahood, I feel your pain, but as far as DIAC are concerned they will still think you are only in week two as that is when your migration agent submitted your 457 application. If you now have to wait another 6 weeks like us you will be pulling your hair out!!!

I think your migration agent is as good as ours - as much use as a chocolate teapot!

I think if we ever get to Oz I will do the PR visa myself and not bother with an agent.

Regards,

Scotty

Scotty, tell me about it!!

I was looking online at the DIAC website and it states for Business (Long Stay) (subclass 457) 2 months processing time (max) according to their Client Service Charter.

A chocolate teapot could probably do a better job! :biglaugh:

Guest hmamoun
Whoohoo! Visa application approved! It took one week from everything going in (nomination/visa application) to being approved. :biggrin: Sydney here we come!

please send me email your lawyers

Guest girlinOZ

Regards,

Scotty

I never used an agent. He wanted $900.00 which I didn't have and I had to do all the legwork myself anyways. Did it all myself and got my visa within 6 weeks of lodging it.

Good Luck!

Regards,

Scotty

I too have now been waiting 10 week and did it all myself, i spoke to my co about 10 days ago and he said he would look at it that day.....still no word :(

Over all this waiting but fingers cross it will all be worth it in the end!

Well after 8 weeks and 1 day I checked the DIAC site this morning and found those all important words - Applicant Approved!!!!!:biggrin:

That has been the longest, most frustrating 2 months of my life!

Now we need to spring into action and get everything organised as we need to be in Melbourne for 15 August.

To everyone still waiting for a 457, I still feel your pain. I don't know if it is just coincidence that we got ours the day after I phoned DIAC to ask why it was taking so long, but it certainly doesn't seem to have done us any harm taking things into our own hands. I wonder when the Wife's company's Migration Agent will call to advise that we ctually have the visa! So much for the claim "we'll call you the moment anything happens, day or night" - Aye right, I still found out first on the DIAC website.

Thanks to everyone on PIO for their support over the last 2 months, it really has been terrific, especially the poor people in this thread who have put up with my moaning over the last few weeks!!!

Regards,

Scotty

Movement 2day :) thought the DIAC had went into hibernation :)

Application 457 Business Long Stay Primary -

24/06/2011 Application received - processing commenced

24/06/2011 Application fee received

12/07/2011 Application being processed further

Date of birth: dd mmmmmm yyyy Passport No: xxxxxxxx

12/07/2011 Health requirements finalised

12/07/2011 Further medical results received

12/07/2011 HIV blood test received

12/07/2011 Hepatitis B antigen blood test received

12/07/2011 Hepatitis C antibody blood test received

Ours is still at processing commenced and fee received since 15/6/2011. Would love to see some movement as we have taken a gamble and booked our flights for the 12th August. Company my Hubbie will be working for has used a migration agent. I have a kidney transplant so am praying that this isn't causing a delay....

Guest jmahood
Well after 8 weeks and 1 day I checked the DIAC site this morning and found those all important words - Applicant Approved!!!!!:biggrin:

That has been the longest, most frustrating 2 months of my life!

Now we need to spring into action and get everything organised as we need to be in Melbourne for 15 August.

To everyone still waiting for a 457, I still feel your pain. I don't know if it is just coincidence that we got ours the day after I phoned DIAC to ask why it was taking so long, but it certainly doesn't seem to have done us any harm taking things into our own hands. I wonder when the Wife's company's Migration Agent will call to advise that we ctually have the visa! So much for the claim "we'll call you the moment anything happens, day or night" - Aye right, I still found out first on the DIAC website.

Thanks to everyone on PIO for their support over the last 2 months, it really has been terrific, especially the poor people in this thread who have put up with my moaning over the last few weeks!!!

Regards,

Scotty

:biglaugh: Drum roll!!!! Congratulations! I hope I'm not long behind you!

Guest saffainoz

Congrats Scotty.

Ours also approved today. It took 5 weeks to the day.

Good luck to everyone out there still waiting.

Guest johnandmichelleg

my employer sponsorship approved 24/6 and nomination application lodged then aswell. but still no news..

i am a GP and today i finally got my ahpra registration through i was so pleased... now just the visa..

how long did it take everyone to get nomination approved and then how long from there to get visa?

can i front load my medical? as i know i will prob need one?

At last we have our visas, 8 weeks we've been waiting and it feels like 8 months!! Fly to Melbourne on 15th August with Singapore from Heathrow so not much time to sort everything out. Might get a nights sleep tonight as my husband won't be checking DIAC website on the hour every hour!!!!

I am please to say that apon checking my E-Mails this morning that my 457 visa has been approved.....i am so happy and a massive weight off.....just over 8 weeks!

Guest chanurahemal
I am please to say that apon checking my E-Mails this morning that my 457 visa has been approved.....i am so happy and a massive weight off.....just over 8 weeks!

cograts buddy. where r u heading to?

Guest girlinOZ

Congrats to you, Jay! That's awesome!!

girlinOZ

Archived