457 processing times

Lexi

Guest chanurahemal
So when, you flying out Clonesred and where are you off to ?

have to start work 1st of August. off to Canberra.

Cheers

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest PeteC

Whoohoo! Visa application approved! It took one week from everything going in (nomination/visa application) to being approved. :biggrin: Sydney here we come!

Guest chanurahemal
Whoohoo! Visa application approved! It took one week from everything going in (nomination/visa application) to being approved. :biggrin: Sydney here we come!

Congratulation!

Did you get the confirmation letter from immigration today?Where are you from?Is it only display in status page of immigration site?

Cheers

Guest PeteC
Congratulation!

Did you get the confirmation letter from immigration today?Where are you from?Is it only display in status page of immigration site?

Cheers

I got an email this morning from the Immigration lawyers. I'm from Preston in the UK.

Guest chanurahemal
I got an email this morning from the Immigration lawyers. I'm from Preston in the UK.

Hi,

Did you applied application via on-line or using paper base(using immigration lawyers)?I applied via on-line by myself and all visa details(like visa grant number,period ) are shown in my account of the Immigration site.I still didn't get a mail from immigration.Did you get a confirmation mail from immigration office? or did you get just a mail from your immigration lawyers?Did you check your status in immigration site? thank you

Cheers

Guest PeteC
Hi,

Did you applied application via on-line or using paper base(using immigration lawyers)?I applied via on-line by myself and all visa details(like visa grant number,period ) are shown in my account of the Immigration site.I still didn't get a mail from immigration.Did you get a confirmation mail from immigration office? or did you get just a mail from your immigration lawyers?Did you check your status in immigration site? thank you

Cheers

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/1119335-post8.html :cool:

Guest PeteC
Hi,

That mean you got a mail from just your immigration lawyers which mentioning your visa has approved,not from the immigration department(DIAC) right? when you stamp your visa, don't you need a confirmation letter from DIAC?thank you

Cheers

We only got the email update with the approval documents from our lawyers. We don't need a stamp in our passports as the visa is tied to them electronically.

Guest chanurahemal
We only got the email update with the approval documents from our lawyers. We don't need a stamp in our passports as the visa is tied to them electronically.

Thank you very much.Good luck

I didn't get an email from DIAC, but received confirmation from my migration agent, and have seen it on the tracking website myself.

I was informed by the migration agent that we don't need our passports stamped, that the visa is checked online at the point of entry, but it is worth getting stamped once in Australia, as it makes thing s a lot easier for proving residency for setting up bank aco****s, medicare etc, if the passport is stamped.

Congratulations to all that have recently got their visa!! Great news!

It still seems that some are going through really quick and others take a lot longer.

I have just submitted all my docs to employer, they are using a solicitor to do the visa, so fingers crossed it will be actioned quickly.

Did any of you dare to hand your notice in at work prior to visa approval? I have a 3 month notice period, which is very frustrating as wanted to be in oz in October.

Not sure if I've got the guts to quit without visa in place though!

Beck

Lodged visa application 13 June, no progress yet. We are waiting until it's granted to negotiate hubby's start date, then he'll give notice. To be honest though we are in no rush as we'd like to have some time to sell our house, and take the trip to Berlin that we booked for early October, before any of this happened!

One thing I didn't upload was proof of health insurance. I thought our annual travel insurance might be fine to cover us until we get Medicare, but have checked the T&Cs and on a one-way trip it only covers until you clear immigration on arrival! Oops. Difficult to arrange short term health cover when we don't know exactly when we're going!

Lodged visa application 13 June, no progress yet. We are waiting until it's granted to negotiate hubby's start date, then he'll give notice. To be honest though we are in no rush as we'd like to have some time to sell our house, and take the trip to Berlin that we booked for early October, before any of this happened!

One thing I didn't upload was proof of health insurance. I thought our annual travel insurance might be fine to cover us until we get Medicare, but have checked the T&Cs and on a one-way trip it only covers until you clear immigration on arrival! Oops. Difficult to arrange short term health cover when we don't know exactly when we're going!

Hi,

I used IMAN for the health insurance and you just put a rought date - think I said Oct sometime, then you confirm it nearer the time. That way you get the letter you need for visa app and the cover only starts when you need it to. Obv, once you are registered for medicare, you can cancel, so should only have to pay the 1 months premium.

Have you got a buyer for your house yet then, or is ut yet to go on the market?

Beck

Hi,

I used IMAN for the health insurance and you just put a rought date - think I said Oct sometime, then you confirm it nearer the time. That way you get the letter you need for visa app and the cover only starts when you need it to. Obv, once you are registered for medicare, you can cancel, so should only have to pay the 1 months premium.

Have you got a buyer for your house yet then, or is ut yet to go on the market?

Beck

Ace, thanks! That's a good option for insurance, will look into it :wubclub:

Not even finished decorating the house, it's taking forever as we both work full time! We are aiming for mid-August to go on the market when the brats, oops I mean lovely children, on our street go back to school, but will get the appraisal and home report early August. If we go mid-October that's not an awful lot of time to market the house occupied & furnished, but that's life! We have 12 months approval to let from the lender as backup but would rather get shot!

There was no way that I was handing in notice until I had the visa in my hand, too much uincertainty involved to risk takig drastic action. I also have a 3 month notice period, so I was worried that a long visa process would delay by start date in Oz, but fortunately that hasn't happened

So when, you flying out Clonesred and where are you off to ?

don't fly until December, then a few (ok 5) weeks holiday time, before starting work mid Jan next year, which ties in well with getting the kids into school.

Going to Brisbane, Can't wait. will be so happy to fly out early December and leave the Scottish winter behind. :)

Guest murph33

Hi,

Oh got job offer in Feb and all the docs where sent to the companys agent in March along with her fee and finally after mts of ringing and emailing her she lodged the application last week on the 20th June. We are planning to be flying out the first week in Sept so really hoping we are as lucky as some of you and it comes through in the next four to six weeks.

There was no way that I was handing in notice until I had the visa in my hand, too much uincertainty involved to risk takig drastic action. I also have a 3 month notice period, so I was worried that a long visa process would delay by start date in Oz, but fortunately that hasn't happened

I have handed notice in , 1 week more to work, house completes next week, we will then be into week 5 from E457 lodgement, my husband on weeks notice, so just waiting to hear, wondering how much long we can manage in a hotel before we move in with relatives, just hoping it will all come together, stress levels are pretty high, packers in tomorrow to start wrapping and then into a hotel for the last week. Feel as if I will soon go pop!

Niki

Guest chanurahemal
I didn't get an email from DIAC, but received confirmation from my migration agent, and have seen it on the tracking website myself.

I was informed by the migration agent that we don't need our passports stamped, that the visa is checked online at the point of entry, but it is worth getting stamped once in Australia, as it makes thing s a lot easier for proving residency for setting up bank aco****s, medicare etc, if the passport is stamped.

Thank you very much for the information.i did it by myself and i am only checking in on-line system in immigration site.all informations are only there.thank you

Cheers

Guest sidcupjon

I've found this site really helpful, in preparing to go to Sydney.

I've got a secondment to a firm in Sydney starting hopefully on the 11th July.

29th May Employer Nomination Approved

2nd June Visa Application submitted - processing commenced

That's as far as it got so I emailed the DIAC at Parramatta and they said a case officer has yet to be allocated and this takes 4-5 weeks. Hopefully this will happen soon as it was 4 weeks yesterday that the application went in.

Does anyone know the timescales from case officer allocation to approval, I know it depends on case to case but would be helpful to have some examples.

Many thanks.

I've found this site really helpful, in preparing to go to Sydney.

I've got a secondment to a firm in Sydney starting hopefully on the 11th July.

29th May Employer Nomination Approved

2nd June Visa Application submitted - processing commenced

That's as far as it got so I emailed the DIAC at Parramatta and they said a case officer has yet to be allocated and this takes 4-5 weeks. Hopefully this will happen soon as it was 4 weeks yesterday that the application went in.

Does anyone know the timescales from case officer allocation to approval, I know it depends on case to case but would be helpful to have some examples.

Many thanks.

Our application was submitted to Parramatta on 17th May and we still don't have a case officer yet due to backlog!! It will be 7 weeks on Tuesday and it is still sitting at processing commenced:mad:

Guest chanurahemal
Our application was submitted to Parramatta on 17th May and we still don't have a case officer yet due to backlog!! It will be 7 weeks on Tuesday and it is still sitting at processing commenced:mad:

Hey dude,

don't worry.Yow wont be informed,when your application is assigned to a case officer.I also was waiting to get a information,when case officer is assigned.But i didn't get any notification and my visa was approved.don't worry about it.you will get it soon.Good luck

Guest chanurahemal

Hi,

I am so happy,I received my visa approval confirmation letter too today.Have to go to Auckland to get stamped my visa.According to the new rules,Australian government is so keen to issue 457 visa and they have reduced the processing time from 21 to 11 business days.You all will get your visa soon.Good luck.

:hug:

progress.gif

Archived