Goodbyes.

TheOptimist

Have just had to say goodbye to my brother and his girlfriend after spending a great weekend with them. It was much harder than I ever imagined and feeling very sad tonight :sad:, but lucky that I have such an amazing brother who I am extremely proud of :yes:.

Am feeling for others who are/have been in the same situation. :wubclub:

Guest Guest40285

I got Mum and Dad here on their yearly visit at the moment, I hate it when they have to go home as I am so crap at goodbyes, I go into a huge decline for weeks after and all my girls talk about is Grandma and Pops, its so hard eh.

Cheers Matt

Guest sh7t man no way

bless you kat its not easy saying goodbye-i do feel for you sweatheart--chin up--he a :hug:love from al xxx

We had a Civil Partnership and Leaving party last Saturday with 100 friends and family. It was the hardest day of our lives. Said farewell to my mum and brother this morning and the tears were flooding again. Fly out on Tuesday - can't wait to get back to some sort of normality!!!!!

Michael and Mark.

We have the next 2 weekends full of goodbyes to friends! Quite alot of alcohol will be involved! Lol

then the final 2 days are family and it's not worth thinking about yet!!

Goodluck clickett. I'm wishing you both lots of luck! :)

:hug: Aw i can't even start to imagine xxxx

If we do get to OZ we have decided we are going to slip out of the country very quietly and not make a big thing out of it for people . To be honest its just my side of the family who will hurt and have told them :tongue: bet you hear from me more over in oz then you do here lol

Guest guest37336
Have just had to say goodbye to my brother and his girlfriend after spending a great weekend with them. It was much harder than I ever imagined and feeling very sad tonight :sad:, but lucky that I have such an amazing brother who I am extremely proud of :yes:.

Done too many goodbyes that I care to remember Kat, BUT.:cry:

If you think how sad the goodbyes are just try and imagine the HELLO'S, hugs, laughs, etc when you see your family again, a bit strange to say, but the joy you will feel (hopefully) will in some very small way make up for the heartache you are feeling now.

My best advice Kat, drink, have another, then maybe another, not the best of advice, but hey, may help a bit.:hug::hug:

Cheers Tony.:wubclub:

Guest BrightonBoys

Kat....

Big HUGS!!!

Cant say more as I am there with you, said good bye to some friends yesterday and have been tearful all day, dread that day I have to say good bye to my brother. I could cry now just typing this.

Kevin xx+

...thought this was sweet....

Goodbyes are not forever.

Goodbyes are not the end.

They simply mean I'll miss you

Until we meet again!

Thinking of you. X

Congratulations and good luck to Kat, Michael, Mark & Brightonboys... here's hoping that you will be coming here to new friends and good times. With luck and effort, you will develop ways to keep those relationships alive with the people you left behind. It isn't the same although sometimes you can learn a different side to your loved ones when things are done long distance. Be happy.

Guest PommieChick

The last week of goodbyes is awful.....I flew from Cornwall to Heathrow, walking through security sobbing my heart out, mascara running, swollen eyes and plenty of snot, I couldn't talk I was so upset.

The security guard said to me "Where are you going love" To which I replied "Australia" "How long you going for?" he asked

"For gooooooooooood" (which was exactly how it came out with loads more tears!

"Sure your doing the right thing?" he said

"Yes" I replied

Makes me laugh just typing this cos I am quite sure I looked like a right nob, breaking my heart but telling him it was the right thing to do.

>> to 15 years later...it was the best decision I ever made.

However, IMHO Goodbyes do not get any easier. Airports are the worse places in the world. I only have to watch the opening of Love Actually (Heathrow Airport) and I cry! I live on the Gold Coast and when I drop the rellies back to Brisvegas airport I am allowed to indulge myself and cry until I get to the toll bridge. After that I have strong words and remind myself it was MY choice to move here.

It works for me. Everyone is different you just have to find what works for you.

My goodbyes will be simple, I got a sister who does not want me to go but am sure she will be there to say goodbye and good luck,

But have a brother who I spoke to for the first time in a year yesterday ( silly argument a while back ) who said point blank that if I go he will wash his hands of me.

Guess that ones sorted then.

I think he thinks im being selfish going to the other side of the world to try for a new life, I think he is being selfish by trying to stop me, If it was the other way round i would say good luck and cant wait to come on hol's and visit.

Oh well what can ya do.

Kev

When I left Australia (3 years ago yesterday) it was only meant to be for a year so the goodbyes weren't too hard. But the first person I met once I had gone through those big metal doors was the security guard wanting to weigh my carry-on which was about 7kg over. He told me I would have to go out and check it in and I burst into tears. Poor fella didn't know what to do! So he helped me to repack it. I put on all my clothes, put everything heavy into my hand bag, took out my laptop and then he re-weighed my carry on and it was only a kilo over so he let me through.

OH and I have another year in Ireland before we leave for Oz. I can't even begin to imagine saying goodbye to his family. Makes me wonder what I am doing sometimes - taking him away from everybody who has always loved him. But then he says 'I can't wait to get the fook out of this sh*t hole of a country' and I know we are doing the right thing.

Thinking of you Kat

x

Bridie

When I left Australia (3 years ago yesterday) it was only meant to be for a year so the goodbyes weren't too hard. But the first person I met once I had gone through those big metal doors was the security guard wanting to weigh my carry-on which was about 7kg over. He told me I would have to go out and check it in and I burst into tears. Poor fella didn't know what to do! So he helped me to repack it. I put on all my clothes, put everything heavy into my hand bag, took out my laptop and then he re-weighed my carry on and it was only a kilo over so he let me through.

OH and I have another year in Ireland before we leave for Oz. I can't even begin to imagine saying goodbye to his family. Makes me wonder what I am doing sometimes - taking him away from everybody who has always loved him. But then he says 'I can't wait to get the fook out of this sh*t hole of a country' and I know we are doing the right thing.

Thinking of you Kat

x

Bridie

Oh Bridie, that is exactly how I would have reacted in that situation. Emotions are all over the place anyway but being in an airport seems to magnify everything.:hug:

My OH has said he also feels guilty about me having to leave family behind but he shouldn't (and neither should you). I know what I am doing and I know I am doing the right thing deep down in my gut, which means that hard as the goodbyes are/have been, I know its something I have to fight through if we are to fulfill our dreams.

The goodbyes are the worst bit in the whole process but time is a healer! :wubclub:

Katxxx

Oh dear the goodbyes began for us on Sunday and each day I feel like I'm getting more emotional!!

Good luck to all of you who are flying this week! :)

Oh dear the goodbyes began for us on Sunday and each day I feel like I'm getting more emotional!!

Good luck to all of you who are flying this week! :)

Its heartbreaking isn't it. But I have to say I do feel more at peace now, perhaps because I need to focus on getting to the airport, finding gate etc etc.

Good luck to you too. :wubclub:

Me too Kat!

What time do you set off tomorrow?

X

My flight is at 6pm tomorrow evening so need to leave home about 1pm ish.

Just about to have the 'final dinner' at my parents. Dad bless him has got my fave wine in and it'll be lovely.

Its the 5th you go isn't it? What times your flight?

xxx

Archived