Going to Canberra this year?

Guest Blim Blam

Guest Blim Blam

Just wanted to see who has got there visa through and planning on getting over to Canberra this year. Our State sponsorship has just come through so thought it would be cool to see who is moving on over there.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just wanted to see who has got there visa through and planning on getting over to Canberra this year. Our State sponsorship has just come through so thought it would be cool to see who is moving on over there.

Hi,We have our SS from Canberra(176 SS Visa Application) and got our C/O 15th Nov 2010. He asked us to get our Police Checks and Meds done Asap! We have had our Police Checks done and they came back Today OK! We had our Meds done yesterday in Manchester (We live in Blackpool) and we are just waiting on The Blood Test and Chest X-Ray Results, The Doctor said all being well they should be back on Friday?

We are hoping to get our Visa in the Next Few Months? and hope to move to Canberra Nov 2011? We might even have time to go Skiing when we get there,if we can?

Might see you guys over there?

Steve,Wendy and Georgia :jiggy:

Guest Blim Blam

Hi Steve

Thats good news, we got our CO around a similar time, managed to get all our bits and pieces in just after christmas and the visa came through last Friday. So maybe not to long for yours then. We were thinking of getting over there about then but from people have been saying on here it may be better not to go between November and February due to lack of jobs and houses. All to do with uni term times and government employee contracts or something like that, we are now thinking September.

Yeah, hopefully we will catch up there.

Keep us posted.

Tim, Rachael and Toby.

We got our visa on the 10th of Jan. Our flights our booked for May 31st:biggrin: - where are you thinking of heading in Canberra?

Suzanne

Our visa came through a couple of weeks ago and we have our flights booked for 31s May 2011. Where in Canberra are you thinking of? We are thinking of Belconnen as I believe it has 2 good gov schools and the price of private schools are a little steep for us :biggrin:

Suzanne

Our visa came through a couple of weeks ago and we have our flights booked for 31s May 2011. Where in Canberra are you thinking of? We are thinking of Belconnen as I believe it has 2 good gov schools and the price of private schools are a little steep for us :biggrin:

Suzanne

Hi.

We have our CO but still to do meds as new baby due next week and will be including on our existing app. We have til 15th March to get everything submitted.

So we are planning on making the move prob Sept or Oct this year, we have to sell our house though so that could potentially change things.

Claire

Guest Blim Blam

Hi Suzanne

We're not quite sure yet. We will start thinking about that soon and we have friends of friends who live there to give us the low down, so we will start to get a better idea soon.

Good luck with things, keep us posted and we will add info on here when we get it.

Tim

Guest Blim Blam

Congratulations in advance Claire, we have a little one as well, he will be 12 weeks tomorrow. It's all very exciting and we can't wait to go, I would go now if I could but we are planning around the same sort of time as you guys.

Tim

Hi Steve. How long did your police checks take to come back. We posted ours last week and got confirmation emails of receipt of the forms this week.

Thanks

Claire

Hi,We have our SS from Canberra(176 SS Visa Application) and got our C/O 15th Nov 2010. He asked us to get our Police Checks and Meds done Asap! We have had our Police Checks done and they came back Today OK! We had our Meds done yesterday in Manchester (We live in Blackpool) and we are just waiting on The Blood Test and Chest X-Ray Results, The Doctor said all being well they should be back on Friday?

We are hoping to get our Visa in the Next Few Months? and hope to move to Canberra Nov 2011? We might even have time to go Skiing when we get there,if we can?

Might see you guys over there?

Steve,Wendy and Georgia :jiggy:

Congratulations in advance Claire, we have a little one as well, he will be 12 weeks tomorrow. It's all very exciting and we can't wait to go, I would go now if I could but we are planning around the same sort of time as you guys.

Tim

Thanks Tim. My OH would go the day we get the visa if he could.:biggrin:

Hi.

We have our CO but still to do meds as new baby due next week and will be including on our existing app. We have til 15th March to get everything submitted.

So we are planning on making the move prob Sept or Oct this year, we have to sell our house though so that could potentially change things.

Claire

You must be really excited about the new baby Claire!! Fingers crossed you sell the house aswell. Are you planning on working in Canberra?

Suzanne

You must be really excited about the new baby Claire!! Fingers crossed you sell the house aswell. Are you planning on working in Canberra?

Suzanne

Not straight away as baby will be under one. When I do hopefully part time work but I work in IT too so not sure if i will be able to get part time work. I am happy to do something different for a while until kids are older.

Main thing is that OH gets work fairly quickly.

The housing Market over here is a bit slow but the prices are holding up, not like the uk where they are dropping. We recently had a valuation and were really pleased. If we can't sell we will look into renting out for a while, rentals seem to be in demand here too at the moment.

Not straight away as baby will be under one. When I do hopefully part time work but I work in IT too so not sure if i will be able to get part time work. I am happy to do something different for a while until kids are older.

Main thing is that OH gets work fairly quickly.

The housing Market over here is a bit slow but the prices are holding up, not like the uk where they are dropping. We recently had a valuation and were really pleased. If we can't sell we will look into renting out for a while, rentals seem to be in demand here too at the moment.

Yeah same here with us - I wont be working for a while with Sarah only starting school over there. I really want to get her settled so the OH will focus on getting a FT job first. At least the house prices are holding up over there thats a good thing. I sold mine at a loss but if I was looking to sell it now it would have been a disaster!

Hi.

Claire

Hi Claire, baby coming the way.. together to start a wonderful life in OZ.. that's awesome! Congratulations. :yes:

We gotten our visa a couple of weeks ago and plan to move around September or so... but we need to sell our framing & art business here so that might change our plan too. But we are really excited and looking for the move soon.

see you all soon ... :radar:

cheers!

Hi Steve. How long did your police checks take to come back. We posted ours last week and got confirmation emails of receipt of the forms this week.

Thanks

Claire

Hi Claire,

The Police Checks took 10 Working Days,from when we posted them until we got them back! That is for The Standard Servie £35 each! You can get them done quicker,but it cost a lott more, so unless you need them asap, just use The standard Service!

Hope this helps?

Steve,Wendy + Georgia :jiggy:

Hi Steve

Thats good news, we got our CO around a similar time, managed to get all our bits and pieces in just after christmas and the visa came through last Friday. So maybe not to long for yours then. We were thinking of getting over there about then but from people have been saying on here it may be better not to go between November and February due to lack of jobs and houses. All to do with uni term times and government employee contracts or something like that, we are now thinking September.

Yeah, hopefully we will catch up there.

Keep us posted.

Tim, Rachael and Toby.

Hi,sorry i said we are hoping to move to Canberra Nov 2011, that should have been Sept 2011, for the same reasons as yourselves (accomadation,jobs,etc)!!

We might see you over there?

Hi Claire,

The Police Checks took 10 Working Days,from when we posted them until we got them back! That is for The Standard Servie £35 each! You can get them done quicker,but it cost a lott more, so unless you need them asap, just use The standard Service!

Hope this helps?

Thanks, we went for the standard service too so should be getting them back next week then. I thought they may be taking a little longer at the moment.

Guest Blim Blam

Looks like we might have a plane full then Steve, there are some events going on in Canberra for ex pats on here, we will most likely meet up then through one of those.

Guest RobzNdebz

Hiya

We got our visa just over a week ago and hoping to go in the next few months.

Not quite sure when, maybe march, april.

31/12/10 - Meds & Police checks received

13/1/11 - VISA GRANTED!!!

Guest staffy200

how much do the police and medical checks cost . i ma have a job offer with sponsership . me and my family are excited about going over to australia but i am not sure how much it is all going to cost as i am at the verry start of everything . any help would be verry helpfull many thanks dean

Guest Blim Blam

Sounds good RobzNdebz, keep us updated and tell us how things go when you get there. A few of us aren't going until September time.

Guest RobzNdebz

medicals cost £436 for the both of us, police checks £80 for both including extra copy for us both.

Hope that helps!

Guest RobzNdebz
how much do the police and medical checks cost . i ma have a job offer with sponsership . me and my family are excited about going over to australia but i am not sure how much it is all going to cost as i am at the verry start of everything . any help would be verry helpfull many thanks dean

medicals cost £436 for the both of us, police checks £80 for both including extra copy for us both.

Hope that helps!

Archived