How much is the petrol now where you live?

landv

I was just wondering how much people pay for petrol in other states and cities?

It seems to me that it has gone up quite a bit, I got some petrol yesterday and it cost more yet again, it is $1.35 per litre at the moment, few weeks ago it was about $ 1.23 - $1.29, but not so long ago (a few months perhaps), was a lot cheaper especially when filled up on certain days like wednesdays or thursdays.

How much does it cost where you live?

Guest dunkyboy

I am in the Perth area as well and have also noticed the prices are going up, can anyone tell me why the prices are cheaper in the middle of the week and then go back up again at the weekends ?

Is it just to make more money from people going away for the weekends ? :arghh:

The price of oil has been increasing steadily over the last few weeks but at least the Aussie $ is strong against the American $, so we are a bit protected. I paid $1.25 yesterday but it's up and down like crazy at the moment.

All I know is the oil companies will be declaring massive profits again.

Guest Kimdunja

I think you're being ripped off in Warrington! Its £1.25 here (in a trendy suburb of Manchester) - which is bad enough... and sending food prices through the roof:mad:

The price of oil has been increasing steadily over the last few weeks but at least the Aussie $ is strong against the American $, so we are a bit protected. I paid $1.25 yesterday but it's up and down like crazy at the moment.

All I know is the oil companies will be declaring massive profits again.

Paul, which area was that in Perth?

I think you're being ripped off in Warrington! Its £1.25 here (in a trendy suburb of Manchester) - which is bad enough... and sending food prices through the roof:mad:

Mind you that's diesel I fill up with but even so.

And inflation increased this month too. CPI 3.3 to 3.7 and RPI 4.7 to 4.8 and that wasn't including the petrol hike for this month.

February 15th is the day to watch out for because they reckon inflation is going up again then followed by interest rate hikes too.

Bad days on the way.

And inflation increased this month too. CPI 3.3 to 3.7 and RPI 4.7 to 4.8 and that wasn't including the petrol hike for this month.

February 15th is the day to watch out for because they reckon inflation is going up again then followed by interest rate hikes too.

Bad days on the way.

How's "operation Australia" coming along? It's been a long time.

Guest chris955

Yes with inflation here tipped to hit 3.8% and more interest rises on the way I have to agree. Tough times for many.

Bad days on the way.

Guest chris955

You realise I was talking about here, in Australia ?

And another year of no pay rises for many. NOthing for three years in my company now.

How's "operation Australia" coming along? It's been a long time.

It's not. It's dead in the water as they say at the moment.

The way the economy crashed it has taken a bit of capital off the house, on top of that I can't get sponsorship and the Mrs has somewhat cooled on the idea.

So unless something big came along, or a big money win, I shall have to be content looking from the outside in. :cry:

It's not. It's dead in the water as they say at the moment.

The way the economy crashed it has taken a bit of capital off the house, on top of that I can't get sponsorship and the Mrs has somewhat cooled on the idea.

So unless something big came along, or a big money win, I shall have to be content looking from the outside in. :cry:

That's a shame mate. We love it here and WA seems to be all systems go at the moment, can't get enough skilled people.

:cool:

Archived