defacto spouce visa

sparrow9999

You are given 12 months from the date of your police certificate / medicals (which ever is oldest) to make initial entry into Australia - this can be a very short visit. You then have a further four years before your visa is no longer valid for entry into Australia.

much apprecaite your infomation, was worrying about time to sell the house and all that stuff espaicailly with the market not moving at the moment, im so relieved :wink:

thanks alot

I suggest you contact a registered migration agent for correct advice.

I suggest you contact a registered migration agent for correct advice.

Sincerely Westy, I hope you get business from this website. That said, you'd be due a whole lot more goodwill for sharing some of that knowledge for free. A generous man wants for nothing afterall.

I'm not trying to take food from your plate, I just think you'd raise your profile by posting a few more details...

To correct my earlier post, you will be given 12 months from the date of your police certificate / medical to make initial entry to Australia.

You will be given five years from the date that your visa was granted before your visa is no longer valid for entry into Australia.

Taken from the visa label in my passport.

Sincerely Westy, I hope you get business from this website. That said, you'd be due a whole lot more goodwill for sharing some of that knowledge for free. A generous man wants for nothing afterall.

I'm not trying to take food from your plate, I just think you'd raise your profile by posting a few more details...

To correct my earlier post, you will be given 12 months from the date of your police certificate / medical to make initial entry to Australia.

You will be given five years from the date that your visa was granted before your visa is no longer valid for entry into Australia.

Taken from the visa label in my passport.

A fee facts:

Most, but not all, penal clearances or medical reports have 12 months validity. If a health undertaking is called for the the validity of a medical report can be reduced to 6 months or even 3 months and some penal clearances have less than 12 months validity.

If a permanent visa is granted in the first place, your advice about PR is correct.

If a provisional visa is granted in the first place it is not correct.

To advise about the likely visa outcome a RMA would have to know about the duration of the relationship, whether there were children and a number of other factors.

Notwithstanding various opinions to the contrary I do not canvass for business on this site and as far as I know none has come my way.

In 8+ years I have represented only 1 POM. I almost always advise POMS to do it themselves and sometimes charge a nominal fee to advise about strategy.

When i did my visa (309) I just sent in the paperwork as requested, my CO was very helpful and any questions I had was just at the other end of a phone with my CO. If you want to throw money away then get an agent, or give it me, but seriously once you start the process you'll be able to contact your CO for any questions

I also find there are a lot of people on here to help you as well and people who talk about what they had to go through to get over here.

By the way, I'm married to an aussie, and now have a aussie son and living the dream, did I mention it's 31 Deg C today

Guest siamsusie

I did my own visa, and I was pretty proud at the end result..BUT, I didnt have medical /police clearance issues, had I had, then its another ball game. A good agent will carry you through the complications imo whereas with a CO you are on your own and on occasions some big money lost.

I am always loath not to recommend an agent because every case can vary.

Susie

sorry was kind of tipsy last night. My advice was an over generalisation, but great to see you post some details Westy. :o)

sparrow9999 if you have been with you partner for more than 12 months (but less than 3 years) you will be given a temporary spouse visa. Which - if the relationship is still going - two years after the visa is granted can become a PR visa. There are circumstances where you can skip the temporary part of the visa and be given PR straight away.

Agree with Peach and nik - Co's are usually super helpful and I asked the same question as you for the same reasons and was told you need to enter before your medical or police checks expire otherwise you could be asked to do them again.

If you have been together for less than 3 yrs but have children you could be granted a 100 but not always. I've been married for 7 yrs with two children and was granted a 100 but it all depends on your circumstance and evidence you provide!

Good Luck!

I was granted a 309 visa as we had lived together for less than 3 years but over 1 year. As at the time I was in the Army and I received a email telling me about the medical check with a 28 day deadline. At the time I had just deployed to Iraq and was not due back to the UK for a few months later. I informed my case officer about this and they said I could do it when I arrived back into the UK, I had my medical and chest xray (where I met Harry Redknap) and sent it to my CO when I was on my RnR. He was all happy with it and processed my visa just before I flew out to Australia.

I have the upmost respect and thanks to my case officer as he was very understanding with my restrictions and guided me though everything

Archived