TRA Phone Interview (1st Class Welder)

Guest sanks

Hi People, Just had a email from Tra saying I haven't provided enough info so they will contact me to conduct a phone interview. Does anyone have any info on what sort of questions they are going to ask (as I said was being assesed as a 1st class welder) and how long it will last for?

Thanks for you help

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hey I wasn't aware of any phone test? We only know about the actual practical test....

vetasses have told me they dont do the practical for welding at the moment, its a phone test/interview. not sure what it involves, really hopeing to find out soon though

vetasses have told me they dont do the practical for welding at the moment, its a phone test/interview. not sure what it involves, really hopeing to find out soon though

That's really weird as our agent only told us this month that we now have to be assessed by vetassess instead of TRA and a practical test will be involved rather then the video link interview we would have got with TRA. I will send them an email today to quote what you found out from vetasssess.

Many thanks.

That's really weird as our agent only told us this month that we now have to be assessed by vetassess instead of TRA and a practical test will be involved rather then the video link interview we would have got with TRA. I will send them an email today to quote what you found out from vetasssess.

Many thanks.[/quote

it would be good to know what they say, my husband phoned them our sunday late night/australias monday morning (this sunday just gone). i cant find any info any where on what is involved in the telephone interview, surely it is better to be prepared for it.

thanks!

Hey I have emailed my agent but they didn't actually answer my question. They have however sent me an email saying;

'Just to let you know, we lodged your Vetassess stage 1 application today. We expect to receive the result within the next 5 weeks. We will be in touch with you shortly to discuss the next stage of the process, which is the application for the main visa itself.

I will let you know when the stage 1 result is completed and we will then be able to proceed to book the practical test.'

So going by the above I would say it is a practical test!! I'm going to email another contact at a different office who has also been dealing with our application to see if they will answer the actual question....but from what has been said before and this email above I'm sure it is a practical test. They even told me the next round of practical tests was in London next month. They also said the practical tests happen in London, Lanarkshire & Glasgow.

Thanks.

Hey I have emailed my agent but they didn't actually answer my question. They have however sent me an email saying;

'Just to let you know, we lodged your Vetassess stage 1 application today. We expect to receive the result within the next 5 weeks. We will be in touch with you shortly to discuss the next stage of the process, which is the application for the main visa itself.

I will let you know when the stage 1 result is completed and we will then be able to proceed to book the practical test.'

So going by the above I would say it is a practical test!! I'm going to email another contact at a different office who has also been dealing with our application to see if they will answer the actual question....but from what has been said before and this email above I'm sure it is a practical test. They even told me the next round of practical tests was in London next month. They also said the practical tests happen in London, Lanarkshire & Glasgow.

Thanks.

Practical assessment schedule (Trade Occupation) - VETASSESS

this is the link to vetassess for the practical tests they are currently running and their shedules, i might get my OH to ring them back this evening just to double check. good to know im not the only one getting confused by it all, maybe it depends on the type of visa you go for? were going to apply for the sponsored skilled visa but were doing it on our own instead of a migrant company.

thanks again!

Yes it's all very confusing. I have just emailed another person from the agency so should get an answer tomorrow. We are applying for 176 skills visa too.

I will let you know the response I get.

Many thanks.

that would be great, thanks! any info is great info :) im hopeing i can handle the paperwork on my own, will all be worth it the end though!

Hey Charlotte, I got the following reply from agency today;

"Vet assess have only been responsible for Welder assessments since December Lucy, so we don't know their exact procedure yet. We assume it will be a practical test as with other trades, but we won't know for sure until they reply to the applications we have sent."

So who the hell knows!! Just wait and see I guess....

Hey Charlotte, I got the following reply from agency today;

"Vet assess have only been responsible for Welder assessments since December Lucy, so we don't know their exact procedure yet. We assume it will be a practical test as with other trades, but we won't know for sure until they reply to the applications we have sent."

So who the hell knows!! Just wait and see I guess....

wow, its daft how no one seems to want to give much information about it isnt it?! my OH rung vetassess back and they said its an interview/test via telecom. that was all they really said, not very helpfull. thanks for letting me your end!

Well maybe it will be an interview over telephone, if that's what vetassess said I can't seeing it being wrong but you never know what can change. It will just be interesting to know what type of interview it will be...what will be asked etc......!! :wacko:

yeah i would love to know that, ive been looking for ages for anything to do with that test, maybe because vetassess have just changed it in december, thats why theres not much info on it, i suppose not many people could of done that so far? so confusing :(

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Charlotte, I too have been in contact with vetassess who said it will be technical interview over phone or web. We are still waiting for stage one of vetassess to be completed, I hope they don't take too long. Let me know any updates your end.....we will get there in end!!

Hi lucy, thanks for letting me know, we are putting in our application (stage one) in the next few days with vetassess, can't wait to get it all started. Hope they get you booked in soon! my OH is starting to feel a bit nervous about the interview and what they will ask :/

• 1 month later...
Guest immidavid

Any body here has the experence of TRA assessment in Victoria Uni? I was completely confused by its website. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

BTW, my oh 323112, aircraft maintenance engineer mechanic, from China.

Archived