Has anyone got SA SS approved recently?

harmitraj

Well, I got mine fairly recent: 23rd Sep, 2010 after a pretty long wait due to the hold up at DIAC midway through 2010. I applied for SS on 16th March, 2010 and the outcome was expected within six weeks during which they temporarily suspended new applications and the processing of current ones until further notice from DIAC to make way for the new SMPs.

Nonetheless, it was worth the wait coz I had originally applied for the provisional 475 visa and ended up with a permanent 176 visa sponsorship. :yellow_guy_smiling_

LilBev - CONGRATULATIONS!!! On your SS, wonderful news. Good luck with your visa app!

HAmriaj, we applied online at the beginning of november but docs received 7th december 2010 and ours was finalised 31/12/10, LilBev's docs arrived on the same day and they got theirs today so I wouldn't worry if your wait is slightly different! Good luck, I';m sure it will come soon. :)

Hi, does it tell you on line when they receive your documents?? We applied 28th Dec and docs sent within a day. I know its still very early for us.

Lisa

I applied on 13th Dec, Documents Received 30th Dec 2010 but online status updated on 11th Jan 2011.

It could take week or two to update online stataus once documents received

Hi Gareth and Lisa

We posted docs through Royal Mail International Signed For - and they never arrived! We then scrambled to get DHL who managed to get the docs there in three days - on the last day we had (ie 30 days from online submission - scary stuff!) Our online thing was updated the same day - I don't know if that was because the docs were couriered or if just lucky. :)

Hi Gareth and Lisa

We posted docs through Royal Mail International Signed For - and they never arrived! We then scrambled to get DHL who managed to get the docs there in three days - on the last day we had (ie 30 days from online submission - scary stuff!) Our online thing was updated the same day - I don't know if that was because the docs were couriered or if just lucky. :)

Many thanks, iv checked delivery status and just keeps saying delivered to Australian post which isnt really very helpfull. I will keep an eye on it.

Ta Lisa

If you go to the Australia post website you can put your royal mail tracking number in, and it might give you more details.

When ours didn't arrive - it still says received in UK for processing (nearly two months later!) Royal mail were totally unhelpful and just received an automated reply, but an actual person from Australia post emailed me back the next day!! So even though they couldn't help, they did actually try.

Guest PHollis

Hi, Congratulations! How much does the SA SS application cost? I am having great trouble locating any fees on these state government web sites. grrrr.

Thanks,

Phil

Im getting a bit frustrated with whether SA have received my paper docs.

After completed the online app I posted my cover sheet, passport pages etc on Jan 10th so nearly 2 weeks ago.

Going by other folks timelines it seems to take around a week for them to receive the docs, just wondering if it takes them a while to update the system? as its not showing anything.

Tracked my documents with Royal Mail but it just says delivered to Australian post. should I be worried?? :wideeyed:

I think it can vary ours were signed for on 14th and they updated our record on the 18th jan but some others have taken a bit longer, if u worried you could send them an email to double check.

I know you prob don't want to hassle them but you also don't want to wait a month and then find out they never got delivered.

Michelle

I think it can vary ours were signed for on 14th and they updated our record on the 18th jan but some others have taken a bit longer, if u worried you could send them an email to double check.

I know you prob don't want to hassle them but you also don't want to wait a month and then find out they never got delivered.

Michelle

Cheers Michelle, I did actually email SA and they told me they hadnt received the documents (this was earlier this week) and to keep checking for updates on the system.

I guess if it gets to the end of the month and still no sign Ill have to re-send them, Im probably worrying about nothing but its a bit frustrating really as they have to receive the docs within a month or you have to reapply

Guest kennedys99

I applied SA SS on 6th Jan sent documents next day still waiting checking online for change every day. It looks like it takes about a month for them to acknowledge, is that about right? I have had application in since October 08. SA finally want my trade! If anyone want to meet up when we get there, keep in touch Me 41 wife 30 baby almost 2.

Guest leccyman

hi Kennedys99,

just wondering what your trade is? We've just applied to SA for sponsorship (i'm a spark), our application has been in since April 09 originally family sponsored, then Queensland sponsored but they decided they didn't want trades, so now trying our luck with SA.

where are you planning on living in SA?

cheers

Archived