Household goods inside vehicle in shipping container

barton4

Whilst you can't put things in the car itself, the shippers do or should build a bulk-head over the bonnet area and even over the roof so this area can be filled with boxes.

This will provide you with quite a bit of extra space which can be filled.

As for putting things in the car, I had been advised that you could put any items relating to the vehicle in it such as roof racks, roof top box, cycle carrier etc. :unsure:

Cheers

S

hi we have just shipped a 40ft containing household and motor vehicles.

We were told you are able to put stuff inside as long as it does not cover windows, but it will also have xtra quarantine fees to be paid as the cars have to go through different customs hall, as well as the household customs, so I strongly advise you leave car empty.

hi we have just shipped a 40ft containing household and motor vehicles.

We were told you are able to put stuff inside as long as it does not cover windows, but it will also have xtra quarantine fees to be paid as the cars have to go through different customs hall, as well as the household customs, so I strongly advise you leave car empty.

Just for interest's sake, may I ask what you paid for a 40ft container with a car in? We are planning to do the same, but it is still in the future and need to know how much to save roughly.:wink:

Archived