ACS Skills Assessment Requirements / Qualifications Inquiry

mtenchavez

Guest Guest 47403
So would I be right saying I'd obtain 10 points for what I have, should I get a positive assessment?

Regards,

P.

Yes on the new points list if your assesed as having the equivilent to an Australian diploma etc you recieve 10 points

Guest Guest 47403
Thank you for getting back. Do I have to specifically ask for this, or is it a given? Slightly of topic, is that Apocalypse Now on your picture?

Cheers,

P.

I don't believe you have to specifically ask, claim the points and your skills assesment will be the proof of this.

Yes mate it is Apocalypse Now.

• 1 month later...
Guest slamania102
Hi PW,

the MCSE is recognised as being equivalent to an IT-diploma so you don't have to go down the RPL-route. There are some restrictions on this (age of the cert ....) and also some more certs which are accepted so you might want to get in touch with the ACS for details.

Good luck

Uli

i just wonder what if you are a BS holder in information Technology but the IT content is less than 50 % but you hold an MCTS / MCITP / MCSE certs if this certs is sufficient for the qualification criteria for group B and , you said you will be recognize as an IT diploma holder will you still need 6 years of experience or 5 years?

i have a total of 6 years of IT experience with MCTS / MCITP / MCSE certs, my doubts is what if ACS will only acknowlege certain years of my IT experience say they cut 1 yr of my 2 yrs from one of the company that i worked with because ACS says the job content should be 50 % professional level to consider the entire tenure, so if that is the case my 6 years will be cut to 5 years

so do i need just need 5 years of 6 years?

Guest Mongobear
i just wonder what if you are a BS holder in information Technology but the IT content is less than 50 % but you hold an MCTS / MCITP / MCSE certs if this certs is sufficient for the qualification criteria for group B and , you said you will be recognize as an IT diploma holder will you still need 6 years of experience or 5 years?

i have a total of 6 years of IT experience with MCTS / MCITP / MCSE certs, my doubts is what if ACS will only acknowlege certain years of my IT experience say they cut 1 yr of my 2 yrs from one of the company that i worked with because ACS says the job content should be 50 % professional level to consider the entire tenure, so if that is the case my 6 years will be cut to 5 years

so do i need just need 5 years of 6 years?

Sorry buddy, no idea but hopefully anyone else will come up with a helpful answer. If not, just drop the ACS an eMail using the feedbick form on theie webpage. They should usually respond within 2 days.

Guest rawjiv

Hi friends, I am a software engineer with 10 years experience and I have a mechanical engineering degree (4 years). Though my qualification is not related to software engineering, my experience is in software dev. I am applying for '261313 SOFTWARE ENGINEER' Could you please let me know if I can clear the assessment ? Is it a must to have a degree in software engineering ?

Thanks for your help....

Hi friends, I am a software engineer with 10 years experience and I have a mechanical engineering degree (4 years). Though my qualification is not related to software engineering, my experience is in software dev. I am applying for '261313 SOFTWARE ENGINEER' Could you please let me know if I can clear the assessment ? Is it a must to have a degree in software engineering ?

Thanks for your help....

Please have a look at https://www.acs.org.au/index.cfm?action=show&conID=skillassessment

and then download ACS Pre-application Skills Assessment Guidelines for Applicants.doc under Steps for Submitting an IT (Computing) Professional Skills Assessment Application

You would find the required info in there :smile:

Cheers!

Archived