anyone else stuck at heathrow waiting to come out?

Ratchet

My poor mum was due to arrive at Melb tonight, but due to the snow in the UK shes been stranded at heathrow for the past 24 hours.:frown:

Her first trip to Aus and her first ever trip alone..........I do feel for her.

Anyone else feeling the impact of the UK being totally useless at dealing with a few cm's of snow?

Oh I'm so sorry about your poor mum, hope she manages to get out soon. My sister is experiencing the opposite, she is meant to be leaving Oz tomorrow to arrive at Heathrow on Tuesday, and like your mum she is travelling alone this time. I don't know if she'll leave or if she does where will she go if Heathrow is closed to inbound flights? I really don't fancy picking her up from France!!!!

Lets rely on the old Ozzie adage "She'll be right mate!!"

Good Luck

XX

Friends coming from Holland had a 6 hour delay getting away on Saturday, so consequently missed the connecting flight in Dubai, so had to stay in a hotel overnight there, and then continue on. Arriving today sometime.

Lots of the European airports are having to cancel/postpone flights due to snow.

It sounds like its been a crazy cold, snowy winter back home - probably beats the grey rubbish we've been getting here lately, although the suns out today so shouldnt be complaining!

Finally she is in the air. :biggrin:

Initially told she could fly sunday, then cancelled, then told monday, then that was delayed and informed by the internet when trying to check in that her flight had been rebooked for Christmas day !!! Spoke to her and said she should go to the airport as the monday flight still hadnt been cancelled. Then someone called from the airport asking her to go there for a 6pm flight.

she met someone who is also trying to get back to Melb to be with her husband and child, offered mum a sofa for the night in London. Thank god for this girl - she saved my mums sanity!

Archived