Uk driving licence?

mr luvpants

Not sure if it's same in QLD....

I'm on a 457 so my UK license good for 12 months but I needed a WA license for my skippers ticket so 7 months in I applied for a WA license and as soon as the paperwork was done he said 'you have been granted a WA license and your UK one is now invalid here', I was hoping to hold onto it just in case I got any points:biggrin:

Guest wiggythecat

Sorry to jump in, but I was under the impression that I needed to get an international licence to use along with my UK licence for the first year. Is this incorrect? Will my UK licence suffice?

Lisa

Guest Guest31881

In Qld, You take along the completed form, Id, passport and proof of address, Decide how long you want the license I think its 1,3 or 5yrs. Pay the appropriate fee and have your photo taken. Your UK license is handed back to you with your new QLD lisence. You cannot give DVLC in the UK an Australian address, they only accept UK address's. I did not bother telling them I have moved. Some give them a friends address in the UK as a contact address. They are not interested in the fact you are leaving the country.

Wiggythecat.... You do not need an international license all that does is give a translation of your license into English as yours is in English its not needed.

So what address is on the UK ones?

JOHN

I have my old address, of the house I still own on the old licence. Could be a problem when I come to renew as you are supposed to be UK resident but that is 8 years away so I will worry about it nearer the time. If you have a UK licence near expiry, might be worth renewing it before you move over.

I have my old address, of the house I still own on the old licence. Could be a problem when I come to renew as you are supposed to be UK resident but that is 8 years away so I will worry about it nearer the time. If you have a UK licence near expiry, might be worth renewing it before you move over.

I 'changed my address' to my dad's address when we moved to Oz and when my licence ran out all of the paperwork went to his house whcih he forwarded on to me to send back to the UK.

Guest Guest31881

here is the transport page to help you with ID..

Identification requirements (Department of Transport and Main Roads)

I think I took UK license, Passport, tax file number and proof of address. There is no rush you have 3 months ( it may be six now) to get license.

You will find a traffic office in most town phone books, just look for your nearest office.

Guest cazbeckham

We showed our passports, uk licences and medicare cards.

Had eye test and photo done and paid something like $75 for five years.

Took less than 45 mins

Gave our Daughters address till we bought somewhere then changed address on line and they sent new address sticker for back of licence

Guest AngelAnn

Hey,

I live in NSW, so may be a bit different than Qld, but I got a NSW licence and still kept my UK licence. Just need to complete application form, do quick eye test, 100 points of ID, pay and I was the holder of a NSW drivers licence.

Anna

Guest madplumber2

Also......if you have any points or bans on your UK driving license thay are not carried over onto the QLD one, so you start a fresh, just watch your speed though, the QLD Police have become very sneaky of late with their speed camera's.:yes:

Archived