Quick Update from Canada

twinsmom65

Hello all,

Well it has been 6 days since we landed back in the land of snow !!.

Our flight from Perth to Toronto was good, but OMG very long... both legs of the flight were over 12 hours each and the flights were packed. Emirates is a good airline to fly though.

We landed in Toronto and there was no snow... well since we have been back it has been snowing everyday... damn they knew we were back lol.

Have been very busy since we landed, had to pick up winter gear such as boots, hats, gloves etc... went shopping at Walmart and could not believe how cheap it was compared to say Big W in Australia. Had my first coffee as soon as we landed, paid $1.85 for an XL, I was used to paying $4 a cup in Oz.

We have brought a car already pick it up today. I found a 2001 Dodge Caravan minivan 7 passenger for $2700, to think I paid $8800 for my 1997 Saab in Australia.... this is where I really notice the difference in price.

The girls are very happy to be back amongst family and friends, they haven't stopped smiling since we arrived. They already have a new addition a little black hamster named Bear. Will look at putting them back into school after the xmas holidays, even though they have finished year 11 in Oz.

I start work this Friday, so going to be full on (no rest for the wicked LOL), my OH is going to start looking for work next week, he has a friend who might be able to provide him with some work as well.

We brought our mobile phones with us from Oz, and guess what they are unlocked and the sim cards here in Canada work with them, so we now have mobile phones (gone prepaid for the moment).

I must say it is alot easier moving back as you are so familier with the system and how things work.

Looking forward to Christmas again, can't believe how quick it is coming up.

Will update again.

Cheers

Karen

Guest famousfive

Great to hear you landed safe and well.Good luck with the job and keep on enjoying.Have a wonderful christmas.Thanks for the update.

Archived