New ACT SMP

George Lombard

Guest kirills
They will start assigning CO's for ACT people when they do their new allocations next week.

thanks. it's just i've started checking my e-visa page every other hour :)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kirills
hehe... their offices don't open for another 5 hours, so no point checking until then :tongue:

no no

I am doing this for tho days in a row already

Hello everyone

I wonder if anyboby of act state sponsored has already got the officer? Also does anyone have an idea when they are planning to start assgning officers to us?

Hi, I emailed our agent to ask how long it could take to get a case officer for us new priority 2's (we have ACT ss), and the DIAC have said "please be advised that currently it may take between 4-6 weeks for priority 2 applications to be allocated to and assessed by a case officer".

Good news :)

Hi, I emailed our agent to ask how long it could take to get a case officer for us new priority 2's (we have ACT ss), and the DIAC have said "please be advised that currently it may take between 4-6 weeks for priority 2 applications to be allocated to and assessed by a case officer".

Good news :)

sorry forgot to say, our agent actually emailed the DIAC (Dept of Immigration and Citizenship) and that was their reply

Salam Usman!

Can you please tell us how long it took for ACT to grant you SS ?

Thanks

Cheers,

TAA

Hi

It took us just under 4 months , March - July this year. As we were IT we needed our CV verified by an ICT panel and this took quite a while.

Ta

claire

Ladies and Gentleman,

As most of the forum members know me. But still I have to introduce myself.I had applied for Designated Area Sponsored( Provisional) Visa( Subclass 496) 30 August 2007. I had went through a roller coaster during the processing of this visa subclass. In spite of being provisional visa I have to waited for such a long time. I was asked to submit medical and PCC in 2008, which I had submitted. Then again I submitted the medical and PCC on January 2010. Job verification was done on 03-09-09. I am still waiting guys.

Well, to add more 496 visa subclass is not come under capping and ceasing. It means we are not capped and ceased as some of you must be thinking that I am Pre September applicant and must have capped.

Well, friends my question is that my occupation is on ACT(Limited) SMP. Now my question here is should I go for the new application of wait for the result of 496 which I am doing for ages.....?

Ladies and Gentleman,

As most of the forum members know me. But still I have to introduce myself.I had applied for Designated Area Sponsored( Provisional) Visa( Subclass 496) 30 August 2007. I had went through a roller coaster during the processing of this visa subclass. In spite of being provisional visa I have to waited for such a long time. I was asked to submit medical and PCC in 2008, which I had submitted. Then again I submitted the medical and PCC on January 2010. Job verification was done on 03-09-09. I am still waiting guys.

Well, to add more 496 visa subclass is not come under capping and ceasing. It means we are not capped and ceased as some of you must be thinking that I am Pre September applicant and must have capped.

Well, friends my question is that my occupation is on ACT(Limited) SMP. Now my question here is should I go for the new application of wait for the result of 496 which I am doing for ages.....?

If you qualify for ACT then go ahead and do it, its a more concrete option I think. You've suffered for way too long already. Is it possible to have both applications on the go at once?

If you qualify for ACT then go ahead and do it, its a more concrete option I think. You've suffered for way too long already. Is it possible to have both applications on the go at once?

Well,

I am really hesitating in doing so. As for My occupation there are very limited seats available. Who knows DIAC again set a cap for my second application. Should I invest more money....??

Many more question before applying for this visa.

Guest ligugei
Hi Ligugei,

Your email does indicate an issue with the ACT plan - the version I provided yesterday came from an official source and this one is obviously also on an official source, the ACT website. I would suggest that if it's possibly relevant to you that you should contact the ACT government without delay before someone else takes that sponsorship place.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Hi George,

The Client Manager of ACT Migration Dept. said that the occupation is limited now , and he said the list on the ACT website will be updated yesterday. But the translator is still open in the list on the website today. So I'm really confused.

Do you have any idea what will happen if i apply the smp of ACT anyway? If the occupation is really limited, will I get the refund?

Guest foha2012

Salam Usman,

Around 4 months... what did you do in the meantime?. did you apply for any other states?

And one most important question, how much did you declare and how ?.

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Cheer,

TAA

Salam Usman,

Around 4 months... what did you do in the meantime?. did you apply for any other states?

Cheer,

TAA

No, never applied in any other state as i was/am committed to live in ACT :-) ..... I like the way ACT work for its Sponsored applicants, they showed a great deal during SMP process.

I have sent Bank Statement of 1.5 million (23000$) . At that time 1.2 Million (20,000$) were required as proof of fund.

Ladies and Gentleman,

Hey VB

courage and commitment, these two things really fits for you ...

I m not migration expert, who can guide you properly but, i want to tell you one things, its only because of courageous people like u who shows us that, there is still a ray of light at the end of the tunnel ....

Good luck and May u got what u wish

cheers

Salam Usman,

Cheer,

TAA

Waited! We didn't apply to any other states either. All the info you need is on this document below. AU$20,000 for main applicant & AU$10,000 for dependents in transferrable assets.

http://www.business.act.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0020/208280/176_Visa_Nomination_Guidelines_Nov_10.pdf

Ta

Claire

I sent an email to ACT Government with documents for verification of Limited occupation.

My IELTS results are as follows R9 W7.5 L7.5 S7.5

I have 3 years Australian work experience recenty confirmed by Vetassess

Hold 2 Masters degrees and 1 AQF4 Diploma

currently waiting for 885 as Cat 4

They replied that because I don't have 8 in speaking on IELTS, they can not verify my documents. They did not mind it is 3 years old.

My question is: is here anyone who is living in Australia currently and who received a positive verification from ACT? They say people currently living in Australia can not apply for SMP. I belive this is a non sense, just wondering if they stick with it. Thanks!

I sent an email to ACT Government with documents for verification of Limited occupation.

My IELTS results are as follows R9 W7.5 L7.5 S7.5

I have 3 years Australian work experience recenty confirmed by Vetassess

Hold 2 Masters degrees and 1 AQF4 Diploma

currently waiting for 885 as Cat 4

They replied that because I don't have 8 in speaking on IELTS, they can not verify my documents. They did not mind it is 3 years old.

My question is: is here anyone who is living in Australia currently and who received a positive verification from ACT? They say people currently living in Australia can not apply for SMP. I belive this is a non sense, just wondering if they stick with it. Thanks!

Actually, if I am not mistaken, I think that one of the criteria for those requesting for sponsorship from ACT and living in Australia should be currently living and working in ACT. I don't remember the number of years they should be working there but this is what I remember reading somewhere.

Guest perfectstranger

I am currently ACT SMP sponsored and have been living in Canberra, ACT for the past 3 years. Living in Canberra and working with an ACT employer was one of the pre-requisites for onshore sponsorship.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Not sure if this is a relevant question but it says you need 9 months of working experience before you'll be considered for an onshore visa. I am currently in Melbourne doing my internship as a trainee pharmacist. As such I have the questions below:

1)Would my internship hours count as work experience?

2)If I move to ACT now, the last 3 months of my 9 months work experience will be in the 2011/2012 program(and hence not sure if its worth moving to a state where I know no one at all)-When will ACT change the list and when will it come in place?

3)Are there any quotas for onshore pharmacist applications?

4)How's the job market like for pharmacists in the ACT? It seems pretty bad in Melbourne, Sydney and Perth at the moment due to the massive oversupply of students in recent years.

Any comments would be deeply appreciated!

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.. I'm a little confused.. Are you supposed to apply for State Sponsorship before the SMP'S are released? My OH is a Landscape Gardener, he has passed his AQF III in Sept '10 & passed the TRA on 28th Nov '10. Our state of choice is South Australia... which typically hasn't been released yet! We are on the ACT list, so have obviously been looking into Canberra, which upon research seems really nice. Could we loose out by waiting for SA's SMP to be released?

Hi.. I'm a little confused.. Are you supposed to apply for State Sponsorship before the SMP'S are released? My OH is a Landscape Gardener, he has passed his AQF III in Sept '10 & passed the TRA on 28th Nov '10. Our state of choice is South Australia... which typically hasn't been released yet! We are on the ACT list, so have obviously been looking into Canberra, which upon research seems really nice. Could we loose out by waiting for SA's SMP to be released?

You will have to decide where you wish to settle. If it is SA, you will have to wait for their SMP and pray that you are on their list. However, if you wish to settle in Canberra, then you will have to apply for ACT sponsorship. Please ensure that you do not apply to any other state as ACT want total commitment and your application can be refused in case it is found that you have applied to another state.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest anujkakkar

Hello Experts

Need a suggestion..

I have filed my PR assesment for Vetassess in the ACT new plan during mid nov 2010.

Am a film director and was teaching in a film school since 2008,nov.

I have filed my case as vocational teacher(non trades)

Now i have an opportunity to join an Advertising Agency as a Film maker for the TVC and ADs.

Can i opt for this opportunity? Or i should continue with film teaching till i get my PR?

And will Teaching Films will be counted as Vocational(non Trade) exp under ACT SMP list?

Best Regards

Anuj Kakkar

Archived