New ACT SMP

George Lombard

Guest anujkakkar

Hello Experts

Need a suggestion..

I have filed my PR assesment for Vetassess in the ACT new plan during mid nov 2010.

Am a film director and was teaching in a film school since 2008,nov.

I have filed my case as vocational teacher(non trades)

Now i have an opportunity to join an Advertising Agency as a Film maker for the TVC and ADs.

Can i opt for this opportunity? Or i should continue with film teaching till i get my PR?

And will Teaching Films will be counted as Vocational(non Trade) exp under ACT SMP list?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Shimmer Girl

Hey Guys n Girls,

Any idea which sponsorship is quiet easy ? I'm an IT girl looking forward to get a sponsorship after the ACS assessment, I pretty much hope that my ANZSCO end up in both Victoria & ACT SMPs. Provided it is in both which state is pretty much easy for IT people.

I read the Victoria SS thread and it looks pretty scary that Industry panel is turning down offshore applications with all relevant skills and even many years experience. I got only 4+ years experience and in a limbo now!!!! please give some light!

• 2 months later...
Guest katie0499

Thanks claire.. one more question.. Assuming I only have 1 bank account, can I deposit half of the money in the bank account a week before printing the bank statement?

Thanks claire.. one more question.. Assuming I only have 1 bank account, can I deposit half of the money in the bank account a week before printing the bank statement?

I think the money has to be your account a minimum of 3 months but I am not 100% sure as we did our SS a year ago. Hope someone else can advise or confirm.

Ta

Claire

Guest katie0499

oh ok.. I only have the other $10,000 now because I sold my car and I want to apply to ACT SS ASAP to avoid the new points test

Email them and ask them would be best. They ae really helpful. At the end of the day they just need to know that when you arrive you have enough funds to settle and support yourself until work is secured,etc. So if you perhaps include a note saying that the recent deposit of $10,000 was the sale of your car.

I know some people on here have got family to deposit money into their account temporarily to prove funds but, you really do need to have that money set aside if you are going to Canberra because it isn't cheap.

Good luck

Claire

I wouldn't delay either because of the new points test.

Hi All, I'll submit my ACT state sponsorship application this friday. I wonder if my money is enough I'll be migrating with my partner based on their record we should have at least $30,000 AUD.

Our money as of now is only $20,000 and every month can save $1500 from our work.

I also write a waiver saying I'll sell my car once passed ACT that is worth $7,500. Also me and my partner visited ACT tourist spots last August 2010 but during that time I'm not processing any papers yet. I didn't imagine photos shoot that time can be handy as evidence of personal research .

I'm in category 4 that's why I need a state sponsorship and ACT is near Sydney where my brother and sister lives. I wonder if this is good enough :mask:

Archived