Why are you coming ...?

tonyman

Thousands of families all over they world are doing their best to get one foot in the great Aussie door ......and truth be known there are millions of others who would love the chance to come but do not have the money or skills needed..........

So what are your main reasons for leaving other countries to come for the 2nd best life style in the world, why not go to France if its better than here ........would love to hear your views...........

Guest Working to fish
Thousands of families all over they world are doing their best to get one foot in the great Aussie door ......and truth be known there are millions of others who would love the chance to come but do not have the money or skills needed..........

So what are your main reasons for leaving other countries to come for the 2nd best life style in the world, why not go to France if its better than here ........would love to hear your views...........

Not being funny but would you want to live next door to french people

Guest HoriFTC

Our reasons are:

- better long term economic outlook

- much more relaxed lifestyle

- increasing population numbers (important for the economic again)

- mental outfit of the people

- warmer winters, more sunshine

All these compared with our current country (Hungary) should be better in AUS, but might be not valid for other countries of course.

Never bought into the Aussie is utopia, UK is crap stuff. Just moved for a change, to experience something differen, to not live in one corner of the earth my whole life. I think there are good and bad ipoints of both countries.

There are indeed thousands of people wanting to get to Australia, there are thousands trying to get into the UK too, and other places.

Never bought into the Aussie is utopia, UK is crap stuff. Just moved for a change, to experience something differen, to not live in one corner of the earth my whole life. I think there are good and bad ipoints of both countries.

There are indeed thousands of people wanting to get to Australia, there are thousands trying to get into the UK too, and other places.

the millions that have flooded the uk escape other countries because they know they get a free ride, free house , free money to set up a new life and free medical assistance .........dont think they go there bacause they like the cold and rain..........:biglaugh:

I'm with Pumpkin! We (OH and I) had lived all our lives in the same village that generations before us had lived in. We wanted to get out there and see what else the world could offer us and our kids, so here we are.

The quality of your life anywhere in the world depends on your day to day reality of living there...it takes several factors to determine what makes somewhere a fantastic place to live for the majority of people, and everyone will have different ideas about what makes a place great to live in. :yes:

Guest Working to fish
the millions that have flooded the uk escape other countries because they know they get a free ride, free house , free money to set up a new life and free medical assistance .........dont think they go there bacause they like the cold and rain..........:biglaugh:

Oz ?

:idea:

what's your reasons tonyman?

It seemed like a good idea at the time with an opportunity not to be missed, so we didnt miss it. Would I have moved if I thought it was the last move I would make - no, I never fled from UK in the first place but believed life was all about taking opportunities when they arose. I now see that UK has so much more on offer for me as an older person.

Guest Working to fish
It seemed like a good idea at the time with an opportunity not to be missed, so we didnt miss it. Would I have moved if I thought it was the last move I would make - no, I never fled from UK in the first place but believed life was all about taking opportunities when they arose. I now see that UK has so much more on offer for me as an older person.

when you going back :idea:

Or maybe they come to the UK to try and forge a better life for themselves and their families, educate their children etc.

Just like other people who move away from their place of birth.

Just a thought...

Guest Working to fish
Or maybe they come to the UK to try and forge a better life for themselves and their families, educate their children etc.

Just a thought...

What ever :wubclub:

Guest guest36762

Just a thought...

don't be daft

no one in their right minds (or at least none of this lot on PIO apparently) would ever contemplate fleeing a life of poverty and worse for the sake of some hope for them and their kids. How ****ing selfish is that?

Not being funny but would you want to live next door to french people

I can’t believe you said that. What’s wrong with French people? I know quite a few and they are very warm and lovely people. I absolutely adore culture and everything French for that matter J.

Guest Working to fish
I can’t believe you said that. What’s wrong with French people? I know quite a few and they are very warm and lovely people. I absolutely adore culture and everything French for that matter J.

ITS ALL AN OPINION

:yes:

Guest chris955

Are you saying there are people who might move to the UK because they want to ? :elvis:

Just a thought...

I never thought I'd get to a position where we could disregard the feelings of family members and actually do something that WE wanted to do.

Then my mum and dad bought a house in France and now live there for 6 months of the year and in doing so disregarded the feelings of us and their grandchildren. They did it because THEY wanted to.

My father-in-law died last year so then we had to think about the mother-in-law. Fortunatley, she has three other children and numerous grandchildren, though is very close to our kids.

But what do you do? She's 76, do we wait untill it's too late for us? We need to go while we can still keep our little family together, before our eldest starts his own family life.

So, were doing it for the opportunities for our children, a nicer climate, a society where the needs of their own citizens seem to come before anyone elses, where being idle isn't a virtue and isn't rewarded by a crazy benefits system.

And finally, because I'm bored with the same old thing, and I want an adventure.:smile:

To give our children a better chance.

Spent the last 24 years defending a country i no longer like living in, being apart from those i love far too often, working all hours possible especially in the last 4-5 years (thanks to Iraq and Gan) with no reward - so time to live MY live with MY family.

Get away from the wet, cold, windy UK - play hell on my kees.

A chance to live our dream, wont know unless we try.

Get away from most of my family - too long a story.

The ability to enjoy my well earn savings and pension.

Get my son to realise there is more to life than his school friends.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Comme je l'ai dit, j'aime la culture française :-)

Translated fish............ it means, swivel on this finger................ mucker. :laugh:

Archived