Sunshine Coast - February 2011

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks as though theres a few of us heading the same way at similar times!!! YEY!!!

Your right we shound make a plan as it will neva happen otherwise - we dont arrive until 10 Feb and so anytime after that would be brill for us....................................

Cant really name a venue or anything like that yet as i have no idea where or what anything is like!!! :twitcy:

Looks as though theres a few of us heading the same way at similar times!!! YEY!!!

Your right we shound make a plan as it will neva happen otherwise - we dont arrive until 10 Feb and so anytime after that would be brill for us....................................

Cant really name a venue or anything like that yet as i have no idea where or what anything is like!!! :twitcy:

Good luck to you. We will be there two months after you....it's all very exciting...I only know the ginger factory...lol

Good luck to you. We will be there two months after you....it's all very exciting...I only know the ginger factory...lol

Good luck to you to - hopefully we can make it a regular thing so something should be going on when you arrive!!!

You know one more place than i do!! lol :cute:

Its exciting but also very scary how quickly time is passing by since booking the flights - all good though!!!:wink:

Here's a fun pub I have visited which might be a good meeting point....I will be in Aus a few months after some of you, but if you'd like to meet up with us...here's a random date....

Sat May 14th 2011

Google this pub.

Ettamogah Pub - Noosa, Bruce Highway, Palmview

Good luck to you to - hopefully we can make it a regular thing so something should be going on when you arrive!!!

You know one more place than i do!! lol :cute:

Its exciting but also very scary how quickly time is passing by since booking the flights - all good though!!!:wink:

....do you know anyone in aus?

What date do u land and do you have place to stay?

Here's a fun pub I have visited which might be a good meeting point....I will be in Aus a few months after some of you, but if you'd like to meet up with us...here's a random date....

Sat May 14th 2011

Google this pub.

Ettamogah Pub - Noosa, Bruce Highway, Palmview

Yes it is a nice little place... I would love the pool table in that place!!

....do you know anyone in aus?

What date do u land and do you have place to stay?

Just been googling both pubs - they're both so different but great!!!

We'd be up for a meet at either!!

Should we do, like you mentioned, Sat 14 May 2011 (god it sounds ages away, but im sure it will fly by!!) at the Ettamogah Pub first......? Anyone else up for making a date in their diaries also............................

Dont really know anyone in Oz, met a couple of people over on the Gold Coast in June that we had been in touch with through a forum, which were lovely but then we had a day trip to the Sunshine Coast and decided this is where we want to be!! Also, i have a friend that moved out to Cairns about 2 1/2 years ago but shes off working in Saudi at the moment!!!

We land on 10 Feb 2011 and have just got a holiday let in Caloundra for 3 weeks (then we need to fly to Sydney to collect the dog from quarantine!!), so hopefully within the 3 weeks we will have found a long term rental - fingers crossed!!

How about you, wot date do you guys get there..?

We arrive on 2nd May. Hubby has old aunt living in redcliffe, we might go there for first couple of weeks until we sort a rental property out, but we are also considering buying somewhere.

It's good you are bringing your dog. I have three cats! Eek x

Yes it is a nice little place... I would love the pool table in that place!!

Hello you.

I remember you on a post of mine and you suggested the tavern in Buderim. I put this forward to a few people moving to Buderim and surrounding areas.

Your info has been great. Thx for that.

How long did you say you were visiting Buderim for in 2011?

May seems good. Can we also set a date in Late feb say the 26th? I am putting forward the Surf club as a venue.

JOHN

We'll be up for a late Feb meet - might be in desperate need of a drink by then!!!! lol :biggrin:

26 Feb it is then - which Surf Club...Mooloolaba...? Wot time is everyone thinking.?

Gr8.

We are either going to buy or rent. In two minds at moment....blasted exchange rate...grrr...

What made you choose this area? We love mountains, country and beach....so it ticked all the boxes.

weve been here a few times and realy like the area, i arrive 15th Jan and i am in a holiday let in Mooloolaba for approx 10 weeks whilst i wait for my container and find a suitable rental, would be great to meet up.

Your right the exchange rate sucks,we should have made the move 2 years early, but cant keep looking back. it is what it is.

Just been googling both pubs - they're both so different but great!!!

We'd be up for a meet at either!!

Should we do, like you mentioned, Sat 14 May 2011 (god it sounds ages away, but im sure it will fly by!!) at the Ettamogah Pub first......? Anyone else up for making a date in their diaries also............................

Dont really know anyone in Oz, met a couple of people over on the Gold Coast in June that we had been in touch with through a forum, which were lovely but then we had a day trip to the Sunshine Coast and decided this is where we want to be!! Also, i have a friend that moved out to Cairns about 2 1/2 years ago but shes off working in Saudi at the moment!!!

We land on 10 Feb 2011 and have just got a holiday let in Caloundra for 3 weeks (then we need to fly to Sydney to collect the dog from quarantine!!), so hopefully within the 3 weeks we will have found a long term rental - fingers crossed!!

We arrive Jan would be good tgo meet up, notice your from Kendal, we are also leaving the rainy north, Manchester

weve been here a few times and realy like the area, i arrive 15th Jan and i am in a holiday let in Mooloolaba for approx 10 weeks whilst i wait for my container and find a suitable rental, would be great to meet up.

Your right the exchange rate sucks,we should have made the move 2 years early, but cant keep looking back. it is what it is.

The time will come round so quickly for you...I won't be far behind you...

Yes we said that about the exchange rate but we only got our visas last feb and it was getting bad then....we are not selling our house now, going to rent. Do you have a place to sell in the uk?

Keep in contact and let me know how things are going.

Pm me if you like.

Archived