What will I do without Tesco?

Debbie Emblem

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Completely different company Jim.from the UK Woolworth, which was FW Woolworth.

When Woolworth started here on deciding a name they found that the USA & UK Woolworth was not registered in Australia, so the snapped up the name, also a guy called Bill Pratt was involved who started off Safeway, and the rest is history. I know because I used to do work for Bill Pratt at his house in Eildon

Is K-Mart and Lidl different over there as well, its confusing to me.:laugh::chatterbox::swoon::goofy:

By the way I tried to help the OP.

Cheers anyway.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Completely different company Jim.from the UK Woolworth, which was FW Woolworth.

When Woolworth started here on deciding a name they found that the USA & UK Woolworth was not registered in Australia, so the snapped up the name, also a guy called Bill Pratt was involved who started off Safeway, and the rest is history. I know because I used to do work for Bill Pratt at his house in Eildon

And another probably uninteresting fact about Woolworths.....Woolworths in South Africa is exactly the same as M&S, the logo is the same style as M&S, store layout, food hall etc all the same. Must be owned by M&S. :GEEK:

Is K-Mart and Lidl different over there as well, its confusing to me.:laugh::chatterbox::swoon::goofy:

By the way I tried to help the OP.

Cheers anyway.

A few of us tried to help her mate,as yer do, im wondering about birds eye fish fingers now! wonder if yer can get those little breadcrumbed pieces of heaven in oz?:notworthy:classy moi!

A few of us tried to help her mate,as yer do, im wondering about birds eye fish fingers now! wonder if yer can get those little breadcrumbed pieces of heaven in oz?:notworthy:classy moi!

Sorry mate but Oz fish don't have fingers ,they can only be found in the heavily polluted waters off of great Britain , fact !!!

Hi Debbie

You do get used to the other supermarkets around and lots of other things make up for the shops you might miss. When we returned to the UK after a year in Perth I discovered just how much choice Tesco and other places actually have but these shops were never a bearing on why we returned.

To the Ropey Hoff I know you were trying to help the Op but as you said on another thread you post about inaccuracies! You told people on another thread to get over it that the Uk is going down the tubes and that Australia is thriving but presuming that Woolworths in Oz is thriving and that obviously it's gone down the tubes in the Uk does come across as a bit anti Uk when you don't actually know all the facts!

Pabs,you surprise me!According to the Gospel according to Faceache,Birds Eye Fish Fingers are for the commoner!The more refined palate would opt

for the infinately superior Birds Eye COD Fingers!:wink:

Pabs,you surprise me!According to the Gospel according to Faceache,Birds Eye Fish Fingers are for the commoner!The more refined palate would opt

for the infinately superior Birds Eye COD Fingers!:wink:

Well i might have lived in childwall rock,but yer cant take the huyton out of the boy:wink:

When i was staying with me bro me SIL got me some birds eye FF,BUT they werent the 100% ones,so she had to be told,she wasnt too happy:mad::biglaugh:,thats the key rock,100%ers:wubclub:

Fork fish fingers half a kilo of rib eye , 1 minute each side will do me pfffffffff and a good chianti

a whole minute!!! ya poof!!

Saw its horns off and wipe its ar53 for me..

washed down with a pint of 4 star leaded petrol...

Apologises to the OP if you were offended by the posts, think most of them were just joking with you.

dont apologise on my behalf ...i was being serious .....and thats another thing u will need in oz ...a sense of humour ....:biglaugh:

mrs keily

Why? None of them are funny to me.

Someone new on here makes their view known about the shops and jumpseveryone down their throat, or abuses them or starts to have their own little *** for tat argument with each other on a thread that's about household stuff not chewing the fat.

All the contributers so far are long time posters on this site, have formed very strong opinions and seem to have forgotten that they where new to this site once.

Maybe some have reached their sell by date.

Not everyone steve:wink:

No, I definately won't be coming back here. I might miss my weekly visit to Tesco's, but there is so much gloom here at the moment, and so much more to come.

You'l be living on Tbones and lamb debbie(if yer not veggie!),dirt cheap we found

Not been to Oz before, just try to get a feel for things like the shopping facilities, good schools, and pet-friendly properties. Most of your threads have been really useful, some a waste of time!

MY threads??!!a waste of time,thx debbie:biglaugh:

Guest guest30038

Birds Eye fish fingers are crap here...........they taste like seaweed :cry:

The freezer was looking a little empty so I spent $170 at the butcher's today

4 pork leg joints all between 4 and 5 kilo

5 kilo marinaded belly pork

5 kilo of barbeque lamb chops (shoulder)

5 kilo of lamb loin chops

Do I miss Tescos? :nah:

Nah i know i wont miss the supermarkets here! the meat over there IS sound kev,still like a fish finger with mash and garden peas now and again tho:notworthy:,but WILL be living on red meat:biggrin:............................................................except the snags:wink:

Guest guest30038
Nah i know i wont miss the supermarkets here! the meat over there IS sound kev,still like a fish finger with mash and garden peas now and again tho:notworthy:,but WILL be living on red meat:biggrin:............................................................except the snags:wink:

Trust me Pabs, it does get boring.....red meat...........The missus and the kids love a T Bone but I haven't had one since The Hoff was here...........I like the little loin lamb chops and can eat 5 at a go..........like you, with mash and peas. I still enjoy a pan of scouse with beetroot, as the red cabbage is crap here........not crunchy but soggy:wacko: I hardly ate beetroot in the UK unless it was fresh, but they don't pickle it here, they can it so it's as good as fresh.

Loves me cooking me :yes:

kev

PS it's plssing down again!

Birds Eye fish fingers are crap here...........they taste like seaweed :cry:

The freezer was looking a little empty so I spent $170 at the butcher's today

4 pork leg joints all between 4 and 5 kilo

5 kilo marinaded belly pork

5 kilo of barbeque lamb chops (shoulder)

5 kilo of lamb loin chops

Do I miss Tescos? :nah:

ya been ripped off mate

Avon Valley meats Wa , be a long way to tho mate:twitcy:

Guest guest30038
ya been ripped off mate

Avon Valley meats Wa , be a long way to tho mate:twitcy:

35 kilo of meat for 170............ripped off? They can rip me off any day. :biglaugh:

Guest Guest26012
What ****e dont bother coming , it will probably cost you thousands in return cost s WTF

Oh god! Youre back yorkshire pom! Polite as ever? :wacko:

Well i might have lived in childwall rock,but yer cant take the huyton out of the boy:wink:

When i was staying with me bro me SIL got me some birds eye FF,BUT they werent the 100% ones,so she had to be told,she wasnt too happy:mad::biglaugh:,thats the key rock,100%ers:wubclub:

The Missus is from Hartsbourne Ave Pabs!That's where she learned all about high end culinary delights like fish fingers,bangers and mash and sardines on toast!The MIL is the original Audrey outta The Bradshaws,she's even got the accent(from Widnes):wink:

Archived