State Migration Plans and planning levels...

George Lombard

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Claireg,

Is it expected now on the 1st Nov? The last I heard it was mid Oct!! ahhh, dangling the carrot!!!! waiting waiting.... come on WA!!!

cheers caz

Yes i think we can forget any time during October now. The earliest anything will be heard now seems 1st Nov, but then VIC are saying after 1st Nov which could mean anything! Other states seem to be keeping quiet.

So no one really knows for sure as usual so we are just hoping we will hear some SMP news soon.

Cheers

Claire

Guest Jamie Smith
Hi can you tell me how to go about or the best way to get a sponsor i have tra for wa and ss but all the jobs advertised say you need to have visa to work I am a chef oh is carpet fitter we have applied on my qualiffications as oh has no certificates although been doing job for 28 years any ifo would be appreciated Nicky

Our method is to go in the front door, not chase recruitment agents who put those ridiculous and totally unncessary requirements in place.

Guest archisami
From ACT, regarding SMP:

Hi Mat,

Thanks for information but they still announce in their official site that"it is expected the SMP will be published in October . . .",

Would you please say if the news is the reply of your enquiry?

Regards

Guest Gollywobbler
Our method is to go in the front door, not chase recruitment agents who put those ridiculous and totally unncessary requirements in place.

Hi Jamie

I think Tania Holmes means a migration agent. Several of them also claim that they are able to find jobs for their prospective migrant clients as well as arranging the visas for the clients, as you know.

Cheers

Gill

Guest Jamie Smith

Hi Gill

I had understood that. Some agents have been going for a while and have built some useful networks with employers. Mostly though they try to tap into recruitment agents' employer vacancies and as we know that tends to be a fairly fruitless method.

Hi Gill

I had understood that. Some agents have been going for a while and have built some useful networks with employers. Mostly though they try to tap into recruitment agents' employer vacancies and as we know that tends to be a fairly fruitless method.

Hi

I have a migration Agent in Sydney, i have just sent a email to enquire about ENS route to what it will cost me and to find out what he will offer us for his service and how successful this is, as am afraid of losing money as it cost me quite a lot so far from losing our first agent in the UK who went into adminastration after we paid all fees and having to pay a second Agent to take on our case, i sometimes think is it time to give up as you know in Cat 4 will we ever get a CO? 2 years since we lodge our application or do we keep going.

Tania

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi

I have a migration Agent in Sydney, i have just sent a email to enquire about ENS route to what it will cost me and to find out what he will offer us for his service and how successful this is, as am afraid of losing money as it cost me quite a lot so far from losing our first agent in the UK who went into adminastration after we paid all fees and having to pay a second Agent to take on our case, i sometimes think is it time to give up as you know in Cat 4 will we ever get a CO? 2 years since we lodge our application or do we keep going.

Tania

Hi Tania

There is no point in giving up unless and until the Aussie chop you off at the knees. That seems to be the route to getting a negligible amount of your money back (eventually and without interest) on what is, in effect, an interest-free loan to the Australian Government.

It is disgraceful that a supposedly "enlightened" country could ever stoop to behaving in the way that the present Aussie Government has been behaving but if it were me, I would dig my heels in and wait for the refund of a piddling little amount.

Do not withdraw your visa application because if you do that, they win and you lose completely. Don't let them get away with that, hon.

Cheers

Gill

Hi Tania

There is no point in giving up unless and until the Aussie chop you off at the knees. That seems to be the route to getting a negligible amount of your money back (eventually and without interest) on what is, in effect, an interest-free loan to the Australian Government.

It is disgraceful that a supposedly "enlightened" country could ever stoop to behaving in the way that the present Aussie Government has been behaving but if it were me, I would dig my heels in and wait for the refund of a piddling little amount.

Do not withdraw your visa application because if you do that, they win and you lose completely. Don't let them get away with that, hon.

Cheers

Gill

Thats the encouragement GILL ... At least i will not withdraw my application whether they will grant visa to my GRANDSON ...

P.S. I am not Married.

Guest Taylor72
Hi

Tania

Dont give up on your dreams Tania !!! The best things in life, are those that you fight hardest to obtain and then appreciate the most !! xx:hug::hug:

I think at the moment cat 4 are moving whilst the skilled visa s are at a stand still x Hang on in there lovely x

Annette :wink::wink:

Hi Tanya,

I also agree with Gill, i have seen your posts since last year, so you are now waiting for your visa since 2008. Please don't give up, as i am in the same boat as you, have a SS and Cat 4 at the moment. I have a hope for both of us that DIAC will treat the people that have SS even though we might be not on SMP. I just don't understand why was i having this SS if it does't help at all. SMP is the list with skills that are in demand for 2010-2011, but old SS was skills in demand in 2009-2010, so why do they just ignore us?

Hang on there, we'll see how SS applicants will be treated.

Nata

:hug:

Thanks Gill,

I know your wright, i know i need to keep fighting and yes they do have my money and how long will they keep my money while i am still waiting for nothing!! i just wish i could do more and show them what it is they are doing but i know they don't care and i am just a little fish in a big sea, so my next plan is to get Christmas out of the way and then invest more of our money in trying to get ENS.

Tania xxx

Guest PasonJayne

FYI

Contacted Victoria this week with regards to their comment on the website about the DIAC processing current SS applications at Category 2 whilst the SMP's are waiting to be released. This is the reply i got back this morning:

"Yes, your assumption is correct. While there is no State Migration Plan in place, applicants with an occupation on the Schedule 3 of the Skilled Occupation List will receive priority two processing."

Kind regards,

Skilled and Business Migration Program

Workforce Victoria

Department of Innovation, Industry and Regional Development

GPO Box 4509, Melbourne, 3000

Immigrate to Work and Live in Melbourne and Regional Victoria, Australia - Live in Victoria |

T: 03 9938 0556 | F: 03 9938 0561 | smp.applications@liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au

Not sure what to make of this really as i cant see how the DIAC will process applications at priority 2 for Victoria when SMP's not released and all other states waiting as well???

Guest Jamie Smith

Persistence is a key attribute for any migrant. Long after you get your visa, there will be more issues and surpises that trip you up. Best to learn the skills now!

As they say, obstacles are things you trip over when you take your eyes off the objective.:biggrin:

FYI

Contacted Victoria this week with regards to their comment on the website about the DIAC processing current SS applications at Category 2 whilst the SMP's are waiting to be released. This is the reply i got back this morning:

"Yes, your assumption is correct. While there is no State Migration Plan in place, applicants with an occupation on the Schedule 3 of the Skilled Occupation List will receive priority two processing."

Kind regards,

Skilled and Business Migration Program

Workforce Victoria

Department of Innovation, Industry and Regional Development

GPO Box 4509, Melbourne, 3000

Immigrate to Work and Live in Melbourne and Regional Victoria, Australia - Live in Victoria |

T: 03 9938 0556 | F: 03 9938 0561 | smp.applications@liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au

Not sure what to make of this really as i cant see how the DIAC will process applications at priority 2 for Victoria when SMP's not released and all other states waiting as well???

Hi

All this means is because there is actually no physical cat 2 at the moment because SMP not released, then effectively we have Cat 1, Cat3, & Cat4 so those in Cat3 are being processed after Cat1, making them emporarily Cat2 for the time-being.

When SMP comes out, obviously this will change and those in Cat3 who are not on SMP will stay in Cat3 processing queue.

Hope this helps

Claire

Some occupations have reached SA plan level!!

Planning levels have been reached for the following occupations for the 2010-11 Program Year and are no longer available for State Sponsorship:

• 233211 - Civil Engineer
  • 261313 - Software Engineer
  • 261312 - Developer Programmer
  • 261111 - ICT Business Analyst
  • 261112 - Systems Analyst
  • 233513 - Production or Plant Engineer

Immigration SA will not be proceeding with applications that have been submitted (including those with all essential documents).

Please monitor this website for occupations in next year's Program Year. Alternatively, some of these occupations may be considered under Off List criteria.

General skilled migration :: Make The Move

Guest Lankan1

Planning levels have been reached for the following occupations for the 2010-11 Program Year and are no longer available for State Sponsorship:

Immigration SA will not be proceeding with applications that have been submitted (including those with all essential documents).

Please monitor this website for occupations in next year's Program Year. Alternatively, some of these occupations may be considered under Off List criteria.

Having announced their interim occupation list in late September I really doubt how come SA ran out of quota while NSW, ACT are continue to offer the same ANZSCO codes (specially IT ones) with very much lesser quota from last July :no: Something is goofy here! Also majority of IT people keen to move to NSW, ACT etc. :err:

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Madrista

There is a thread about this on British Expats as well. Over on the BE thread, George Lombard has said:

I don't see the problem. South Australia opened up certain Schedule 3 occupations for state sponsorship, received a great wad of applications and reached their planning levels for those occupations in the current program year. Instead of stringing people along they've closed applications for those occupations. It may affect people who had pre-July ACS skills assessments but my guess is that they've taken into account those who they had previously sponsored in determining their planning levels.

FWIW this is going to be how all the states have to manage their quotas, right down to the last nurse, engineer, architect or whatever.

Cheers,

George Lombard__________________

Migration Agent Registration Number 9601056

george[at]austimmigration[dot]com[dot]au

Welcome to Austimmigration | George Lombard Consultancy Pty. Ltd.

PO Box 257 Summer Hill NSW 2130

I've emphasised the last sentence of George's reply because I am convinced that what he predicts is exactly what will happen.

Cheers

Gill

Guest VickyMel

I agree Gill I think you have hit the nail on the head. If they have quotas they know what they want to prioritise and will do so. Far better for them to say we are full for x y and z than accept applications that they will not process.

I see from Rezas post

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/97553-distribution-quota-between-states-latest-update-must-read.html#post886178

That the quota figures for each state may also include the number of dependants they are bringing with them - if the info is correct it sounds like ACTs quota is pretty much full (but Taz & QLD think they should be OK). Wish the other states were as forthcoming.

Good luck all

Vickymel

Correct me if I'm wrong: there are no SMPs yet , but already on the basis of SMPs (?), and numbers allocated to particular jobs within them, some applicants have been rejected?

And I was complaining that the law in Oz works backwards :/

So most of the people who were waiting for SMPs were waiting in vain?

Correct me if I'm wrong: there are no SMPs yet , but already on the basis of SMPs (?), and numbers allocated to particular jobs, some applicants have been rejected?

And I was complaining that the law in Oz works backwards :/

So most of the people who were waiting for SMPs were waiting in vain?

Hi Lenore

It looks as if each state has a certain amount of numbers and when they reach this anybody who has SS will have to wait until the next program year. Thats what I read from all of this anyway.

We have been waiting on the SMP for months now and we couldnt lodge a visa app because we arent on Schedule 3. It looks as if we wont get it this year as ACT already have their quotas met. I guess we wont really know until the famous SMP's are released.

Cheers

Suzanne

Archived