State Migration Plans and planning levels...

George Lombard

Guest chevalfou101

I am tempted to buy a chris evans voodoo doll and stick pins in it. That septic tank has put so many people in uncertainty. We've all put our lives on hold because of him.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi in black at the bottom is a email i sent to QLD in blue is my reply, can anyone comment on what this means i am a liitle confused i do understand my OH occupation will not be on the SMP but as for the rest

Dear XXXX

Thank you for your email.

Your occupation is not included on our draft State Migration Plan. As our nominations are only valid for 12 months you need to ask your agent whether he intends to lodge your 176 application using the Queensland nomination or is he hoping to obtain nomination from a state who may ultimately have the occupation included on their SMP.

Regards

Dear Sir or Madame,

I Paul Holmes was successful in receiving a sponsor 176 from you in December 2009 thank you for this , i would like to inquire about your Simple Migration Plan is it possible to give any indication to if my Occupation as A fitter would be on the new SMP and if not is it possible it could go on in time to come, also if their is a chance if the SMP will be released before Christmas,

Regards XXXX

Hi in black at the bottom is a email i sent to QLD in blue is my reply, can anyone comment on what this means i am a liitle confused i do understand my OH occupation will not be on the SMP but as for the rest

Dear XXXX

Your occupation is not included on our draft State Migration Plan. As our nominations are only valid for 12 months you need to ask your agent whether he intends to lodge your 176 application using the Queensland nomination or is he hoping to obtain nomination from a state who may ultimately have the occupation included on their SMP.

Regards

Dear Sir or Madame,

I Paul Holmes was successful in receiving a sponsor 176 from you in December 2009 thank you for this , i would like to inquire about your Simple Migration Plan is it possible to give any indication to if my Occupation as A fitter would be on the new SMP and if not is it possible it could go on in time to come, also if their is a chance if the SMP will be released before Christmas,

Regards XXXX

Does it mean they are dumping people they already sponsored if their occupation is not on the new SMP list ????

Does it mean they are dumping people they already sponsored if their occupation is not on the new SMP list ????

I am not sure if QLD think that i have not already lodged my sponsor with Diac this i have done back in DEC 09, also when i have read it again i think it means i will still have my sponsor but really it doesn't mean any thing as my oh trade is not on the SMP.

Dear XXXX

Regards

Dear Sir or Madame,

Regards XXXX

The first part of email is clear which says your occupation is not in SMP,

But I think he/she has misunderstood your second question as he/she thinks that you have not yet lodged your visa with DIAC

Again I would like to point out that if you are not selected in SMP your application will be processed but with a lower priority meaning that you will not be capped

Regards

The first part of email is clear which says your occupation is not in SMP,

But I think he/she has misunderstood your second question as he/she thinks that you have not yet lodged your visa with DIAC

Regards

Yes thats what i think so it looks like the State sponsor doesn't count for anything as we had already lodged 175 back in Nov 08 the ss was only to speed things up, looks like i am in for a very long wait.

Reza,

If the priority processing remains the same, there will always be applicants sat in cat 2 and cat 3. So when would DIAC get around to processing the cat 4s??

Never!! me thinks as their will always be applicants in 2 and 3 like you said.

But DIAC still says that those applications will be processed. It seems that they tend to do it as I have seen some of Cat4 applicants granted their visa recently

So, do not give up

Regards

Yes indeed. Is this a sign if things to come??

Tania,I'm sorry for your news. :hug:

You get use to it we have been doing this 2 years now, the amount of changes that have happend in this time just got to be positive and think that one day it will change to again to benefit us one day!!

But DIAC still says that those applications will be processed. It seems that they tend to do it as I have seen some of Cat4 applicants granted their visa recently

So, do not give up

Regards

I will never give up its just my son is 18 in Dec but still in college for 2 years and if we don't hear in that time then he cant come on our visa and that then will be the time when we will have to give up .

I will never give up its just my son is 18 in Dec but still in college for 2 years and if we don't hear in that time then he cant come on our visa and that then will be the time when we will have to give up .

our daughter is 18 in june 11 if she was only 16 when we applied for 176 wont she be on our visa if we have to wait that long we got tra in july 09 and ss 09

I understand your feelings and I hope that you get your visa

Regards

our daughter is 18 in june 11 if she was only 16 when we applied for 176 wont she be on our visa if we have to wait that long we got tra in july 09 and ss 09

Hi you need to prove when you get a CO that your Daughter is dependent on you she must be living at home as for the rest i am not sure its easy if they are still in education but it doesn't say anywhere if they are working how much money they can earn and still prove they are dependent, i have looked and researched and asked my agent but still have not got the information i have been looking for also up to the age of 25 they can still come on your visa as long as you can prove she is dependent, so if anyone can give us more info please.

Guest VickyMel
I am not sure if QLD think that i have not already lodged my sponsor with Diac this i have done back in DEC 09, also when i have read it again i think it means i will still have my sponsor but really it doesn't mean any thing as my oh trade is not on the SMP.

I agree I think they did not read your email properly and did not recognised you have already lodged your SS.

But darn (would prefer to use other words!) it does sound as if your occupation is not on their SMP list.

Can you write back and explain this and ask if given they have already provided you with SS, and you really want to be there etc..., would they consider you for an off-list nomination...?

Yes thats what i think so it looks like the State sponsor doesn't count for anything as we had already lodged 175 back in Nov 08 the ss was only to speed things up, looks like i am in for a very long wait.

:hug: Tania - we have not heard yet but I am sure that there are plenty of us that will be hearing similar news very soon.

This really is a bum deal they are giving out to people.

Yes indeed. Is this a sign if things to come??

Tania,I'm sorry for your news. :hug:

I'm sure it is.

You get use to it we have been doing this 2 years now, the amount of changes that have happend in this time just got to be positive and think that one day it will change to again to benefit us one day!!

It was a really positive thing for me - that when we dropped to Cat 4 at the same time there were some people from the lowest category at that time moving up to Cat 3 with the new SOL.

Must mean that Oz keep making mistakes on what they need as skills and sooner or later they may run out of us and move up again?

We can but hope :unsure:

No don't give up - go over validate and find another way to get him in - they change the rules so often you will get him in one way or another - he will be younger - more options.

:hug: Tania - really sorry you didn't get good news on this. Keep pushing and maybe keep an eye out on the other states. Two years in another state then moving where you want is another option.

Good luck whatever you decide and keep at it Tania we will get there one day.

VickyMel

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Tania

I'm sorry that you have had disappointing news from QLD but to be honest, I'm not surprised. QLD seem to have copied NSW in deciding that they will no longer offer SS to tradies.

However, I think that it is 100% commendable of QLD that they are telling people the truth and are not keeping them in limbo & suspense any longer.

I think that the way that the Federal Government has behaved and is continuing to behave shows nothing except the utter amateurism of the Aussie pollies in charge of the show, frankly. (Plus the power of the Trades Unions, without whose money there would not be an Australian Labor Party.)

Let us hope that the wretched SMPs will be released fairly soon, along with the criteria via which each State will decide who is to benefit from that State's SMP and who won't.

This is NOT over yet, so just hang on to the reins and keep your feet in the stirrups for a while longer, hon.

Hugs :hug:

Gill

xx

Hi Tania

I'm sorry that you have had disappointing news from QLD but to be honest, I'm not surprised. QLD seem to have copied NSW in deciding that they will no longer offer SS to tradies.

However, I think that it is 100% commendable of QLD that they are telling people the truth and are not keeping them in limbo & suspense any longer.

I think that the way that the Federal Government has behaved and is continuing to behave shows nothing except the utter amateurism of the Aussie pollies in charge of the show, frankly. (Plus the power of the Trades Unions, without whose money there would not be an Australian Labor Party.)

Let us hope that the wretched SMPs will be released fairly soon, along with the criteria via which each State will decide who is to benefit from that State's SMP and who won't.

This is NOT over yet, so just hang on to the reins and keep your feet in the stirrups for a while longer, hon.

Hugs :hug:

Gill

xx

Hi Gill,

After doing this now for 2 years i think i am use to being disappointed, i haven't given up yet one i am hopeing that Fitter may come on the SMP in time to come, the other thing we will do is look for ENS this is hard from here so at some point i will send the OH to Aus to look for a company to sponsor us and i have family there that could help in looking.

Tania xx

Guest Jamie Smith
Hi Gill,

After doing this now for 2 years i think i am use to being disappointed, i haven't given up yet one i am hopeing that Fitter may come on the SMP in time to come, the other thing we will do is look for ENS this is hard from here so at some point i will send the OH to Aus to look for a company to sponsor us and i have family there that could help in looking.

Tania xx

You will need to allow expenses of about $5000 per month including air travel, meals, local travel, accomodation etc unless you have friends who would put OH up for up to 3 months.

You will need to allow expenses of about $5000 per month including air travel, meals, local travel, accomodation etc unless you have friends who would put OH up for up to 3 months.

Hire A Migrant was set up to reduce these costs.

Hi Jamie

Thank you for the information,

We do have family in Aus that will support us so that will reduce the cost and we do have an Agent,

My husband hopes to look at going to visit Aus next year

Tania

Have a look at this file to assess your possible costs: www.hireamigrant.com/Cost_benefit_migrant.xls

Hire A Migrant was set up to reduce these costs.

Hi can you tell me how to go about or the best way to get a sponsor i have tra for wa and ss but all the jobs advertised say you need to have visa to work I am a chef oh is carpet fitter we have applied on my qualiffications as oh has no certificates although been doing job for 28 years any ifo would be appreciated Nicky

Archived