Homeward Bound

Conniebygaslight

Well I must be a bogan......

Love walking barefoot, on a nice day I even do it in the UK. Nothing to do with body temp, I just like the feeling :wideeyed: OMG I even drink VB

I think we're all nuts - if you've lived in Oz you know what I am talking about - but will look out for you in Tesco ( but not down the chiller aisle). :biglaugh:

I personally am loving wearing my uggs and feeling very toastie

:biggrin:

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think we're all nuts - if you've lived in Oz you know what I am talking about - but will look out for you in Tesco ( but not down the chiller aisle). :biglaugh:

I personally am loving wearing my uggs and feeling very toastie

:biggrin:

uggs are good all yr round

PS I run through the chiller isle :biglaugh:

When I lived in Africa as a child we all walked bare foot, in fact I think that the recommend walking barefoot to rectify flat feet :laugh:

I would not walk barefoot now though as the pavements are not that clean and goodness knows what I would stand in :laugh:

Have seen quite a few walking around the shopping centres here without shoes, think they are very brave.

you need to change your user name to bogan in training (or BIT for short) :biglaugh:

uggs are good all yr round

PS I run through the chiller isle :biglaugh:

haha thought you might - i need a fleece to go shopping most days but bf out of the question! did once find myself in the car bf without realising and had to go in the shop bf - it was the bottlo as well so put a hat on, head down and ran (still got my wine tho)

Before we left for Oz, my (aussie) husband used to walk about barefoot and encourage the children to do the same (although not in supermarkets just across the fields etc)....as soon as we saw the filthy footed (and they usually are) bogans doing it in Oz he stopped...lol

can you not afford soap? that normally cleans feet really well....... :wink::wubclub:

The thread said HOMEWARD BOUND. The Forum was moving back to the UK.... I didnt check the Forum (silly me)!!!! But will check in the future....

There is a post at the minute which advises they are HOMEWARD BOUND and the are going back to ............AUSTRALIA for a holiday....

That's because Australia is a good place for a holiday and to travel around. We will return for a holiday as we have done so many tims before but that is because we have family there...otherwise we probably wouldn't

can you not afford soap? that normally cleans feet really well....... :wink::wubclub:

Ok to finally kill this barefoot theme here is a great BBC R4 interview with a guy who has given up shoes in UK I thought this was gold in light of Aus experience - all I kept thinking about when he was talking was what about the cold and dog s**t - he tackles both. Enjoy.

BBC - BBC Radio 4 Programmes - Saturday Live, 11/09/2010

That's because Australia is a good place for a holiday and to travel around. We will return for a holiday as we have done so many tims before but that is because we have family there...otherwise we probably wouldn't

Think you are missing my point...... But I give up!!!!!!!

Ok to finally kill this barefoot theme here is a great BBC R4 interview with a guy who has given up shoes in UK I thought this was gold in light of Aus experience - all I kept thinking about when he was talking was what about the cold and dog s**t - he tackles both. Enjoy.

BBC - BBC Radio 4 Programmes - Saturday Live, 11/09/2010

So while Aussie streets are paved with gold, the UK's are paved with dog sh7t :tongue:

Guest chris955

It's been wonderful, we have had a few showers of rain since I've been here but mostly really nice. My poor wife back in Brisbane has the kids on her own for the holidays and it's been raining most days with more to come :wideeyed:

Yes! Hey chris you have done really well with the weather haven't you? - just been out to take the washing in and it is truly beautiful today so warm and full of mellow birdsong and the smell of autumn coming. I really love this more than the searing heat of Oz.

It's been wonderful, we have had a few showers of rain since I've been here but mostly really nice. My poor wife back in Brisbane has the kids on her own for the holidays and it's been raining most days with more to come :wideeyed:

Lol. If only it had been like this in August when the sun was a little closer to us. Pity it is not due to last.

Guest chris955

The weather is the weather, we can't do anything about it. Fortunatley my kids are just as happy indoors so all the rain isn't bothering them but it's driving my wife mad. :laugh:

The weather is the weather, we can't do anything about it. Fortunatley my kids are just as happy indoors so all the rain isn't bothering them but it's driving my wife mad. :laugh:

But you know you have summer coming and it's going to be good weather! You can never predict that in the UK.

It's been very pleasant in Perth for a few weeks now. This week has been in the mid 20's and it's a cool 5 or 6 degrees around 6:00a.m. It should be like this fro another week or so at least, according to the forecast.

None of that "searing heat" that someone mentioned as though it's like that the whole time in Oz.

My Dad makes me laugh when I talk to him in the UK. Not to be outdone he always asks how the weather is and because it's usually nice he goes quite for a minute and then comes back with "yeh, it's 30 degrees here too, in't greenhouse".

Guest funkymonkey
But you know you have summer coming and it's going to be good weather! You can never predict that in the UK.

It's been very pleasant in Perth for a few weeks now. This week has been in the mid 20's and it's a cool 5 or 6 degrees around 6:00a.m. It should be like this fro another week or so at least, according to the forecast.

None of that "searing heat" that someone mentioned as though it's like that the whole time in Oz.

My Dad makes me laugh when I talk to him in the UK. Not to be outdone he always asks how the weather is and because it's usually nice he goes quite for a minute and then comes back with "yeh, it's 30 degrees here too, in't greenhouse".

Are you for real? Perth has had its second driest winter on record and is about to go to further water restrictions. Have you driven outside of Perth recently? It hasn't rained, "pleasant" weather is not what is needed here...its rain and lots of it thats needed here. Drive only 1 to 2 hours east and you will see what the pleasant weather is doing to people's lives...WA is in drought.

You also mentioned in another thread that there hasn't been any disasters in Perth except a hailstorm....If again you care to look outside of the City you'll see that almost 40 homes were destroyed by bushfire earlier this year!!!

City folk, blinkered and naive...wake up!!

Are you for real? Perth has had its second driest winter on record and is about to go to further water restrictions. Have you driven outside of Perth recently? It hasn't rained, "pleasant" weather is not what is needed here...its rain and lots of it thats needed here. Drive only 1 to 2 hours east and you will see what the pleasant weather is doing to people's lives...WA is in drought.

You also mentioned in another thread that there hasn't been any disasters in Perth except a hailstorm....If again you care to look outside of the City you'll see that almost 40 homes were destroyed by bushfire earlier this year!!!

City folk, blinkered and naive...wake up!!

I know about the bushfires but we were talking about Perth at the time. I know we need rain and lots of it. I was really responding to the idea of the "searing heat" as though that is what we get all the time.

Sorry if I sounded blinkered.

Guest Guest37175
Goodness me...what a talking point this has turned into!

If people ask me why we left I say we didn't like it, however sometimes that's not a good enough answer. Although to be honest most people in my village love where we live so they are happy with my response.

It does beg the question as to why people who are happy in Oz come onto the MBTTUK forum to defend Australia, and the people who have never lived in Australia come on lookin for realistic posts but they have to be 'balanced'

I didn't like living there, I found that it didn't offer us anywhere near enough stimulation or opportunities.

People can think what they want to think...and I'll know what I know.

Good luck to all....WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT

Hi Connie!

This place doesn't change much does it?!

Great to read that you're back safe and that you and your family are enjoying it. Hope all is well and the future is bright.

Oz :smile:

Archived