OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we got the job :-)))))))

kellyjamie

Guest Pixie10

Spongy41 can I be nosy and ask what industry your hubby works in? Also did you just apply for a job in Oz or is it a transfer?

We're looking for IT sponsorship for OH and I'm becoming a bit obsessed about how others did it- sorry!! Any advice appreciated - thanks

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Kelly & Jamie

I am absolutely THRILLED for you both. Although I put the machine on this morning and PiO has been running all day, I've been doing the unusual thing called "work" for most of today. I looked at PiO this morning to find out what is happening in the aftermath of the Aussie general election and then did not look at the forum again till this evening.

I've never been to Esperance. In fact I'd never even heard of it until last year. However when I heard about it, I set about the Internet to find some photos. I think it looks fantastic. In my own opinion, Perth Metro is not wonderful. I think that if I moved to a fabulous place like Esperance I would probably stay there for the rest of my life.

Ask Mr & Mrs Keily, I suggest - Julie and Neil. They went to Esperance about 3 years ago so they can probably tell you quite a bit about it.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/members/keily.html

Which visa have they offered? An RSMS visa or an sc 457? I don't think it matters particularly. The DCS would not let you down.

I have another chum who works for the WA State Government. They live in Kalgoorlie - about 4 hours from Esperance by car, I think. Apparently the WA Govt has no problem with paying for good hotels in Perth when people first arrive in WA. They will want to meet Jamie and prepare him for his job. Their HQ is in Perth Metro, so I am told that they pay for a hotel for 2 or 3 weeks. They then arrange for the family to fly to wherever they are going and they send the family's goods (including a newly bought car if you buy one) by road train, I am told. It seems odd to me to put a car into a lorry but I gather that this is how it is done. They don't ask the family to sweat it out on the road trying to drive to the destination unless the family say they want to do that. Plus the pay is good, I am told.

The guy's wife got a bit isolated and bored because their children are older than yours. It was lonely for her to be on her own all day but she found a part time job which keeps her busy enough and provides some pin money. You might decide to do the same once you have settled in. To start with though, I'd go and get to know every inch of the beach if it were me.

The people whom I know ended up spending 8 weeks in a hotel in Perth last year because the WA Government Housing people found them a house in Kalgoorlie and rented it for them but then the previous tenants moved out, leaving a trail of wreckage behind. The Housing people organised repairs and redecoration, which took 8 weeks, apparently. The family simply enjoyed a holiday in Perth on full pay for Hubby until the house was ready for them to move into, I gather.

Please keep us all posted with your progress?

Hugs to you both and VERY well done, hon! :hug:

Cheers

Gill

Hi Kelly and Jamie,

very well done on the job offer, been following your ups and downs and feeling your loss when things were not happening for you.

I :hug: am so so pleased that things are on the up for you now, hope you get everything you want with job and move.

When are you thinking of going?

Take care, Heidi xx:wubclub:

Archived