Any nurse here or in uk awaiting AHPRA registration? I applied with QNC...

Guest annieross

What are the new guidelines based on?

I applied in May 2010, still no registration got al etter through asking me for my new documents of ID and PII. which I am covered under my new hospital and to fill out new application form..

Then these new guidelines come out. does this mean I will be assessed on old criteria or because I have had to fill out a new application which arrived after 14 September does that mean I will be assessed on new criteria. Even though i originally applied in May 2010.

I am soo stressed And they still make no sense to me AHPRA

I feel your pain!! the same is happening to me. At the moment, I am waiting for my CV to get back singned by my last employer ( as it has to be the original document!! grrr), so again...time consuming:arghh:

(I appied in March!!)

Isabel

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isabel that is terrible.

They sent me saying they just needed ID and PII proof. Just keep feeling negative about them.

They said that about my work statement that it was not original. It was printed by my ward manager and signed by her. I thought how much more original do you need?

The are just turning out to be a headache

I have had no letter asking for anything new (yet). Not sure if that is a good thing?

I have had an email stating my application is being assessed on the 6th Sept, then on the 16th Sept received an email stating it was being processed.

But im not sure if this is positive as the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing .

AHPRA sent me an email to say there was a letter in the post telling me what else I needed in order for them to assess my application.

Going to be on the phone tonight I think about registration this evening.

AHPRA do not make sense at the moment. As you say Morty the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing.

Any one going to be moving to Melbourne?

Guest lesleyawalsh
AHPRA sent me an email to say there was a letter in the post telling me what else I needed in order for them to assess my application.

AHPRA do not make sense at the moment. As you say Morty the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing.

I'm hopefully moving to Melbourne if I ever get registered! have called on a couple of occasions sometimes helpful sometimes not depending on who you speak to. Gonna give it another go tonight see if i can get any further forward. registered with NBV 5yrs ago and the process was quicker and as i recall cheaper then but unfortunatly i let it lapse so have to start again :confused:

Hi

I'm off to Melbourne. Just posted my application to AHPRA.

Hope to be there early next year. I have a job as a psychiatric nurse out there.

Nessie :smile:

Hi guys

I'm with North West Mental Health too, I will be at the Sunshine Hospital.

Looking forward to it!

Nessie :wink:

Im not mental health, but i am going to be based at the Sunshine office of the RDNS. Fingers crossed will be there asap !!

:smile:

emma

Dear Ms Jones,

You do not fall in the category of nurses who applied before September 13th, because your initial application was not accepted.

Thank you for contacting AHPRA,

The Customer Service Team

AHPRA Enquiry Contact Centre

Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency

Tel: 1300 419 495

web: AHPRA - AHPRA Home

Please consider the environment before printing this email

Sent: Friday, 17 September 2010 8:33 PM

To: VIC-ECC

Subject: Victoria - Application Status

FULL_NAME,PRACTITIONER,PROFESSION,EMAIL,PHONE,PHONE_TYPE,ADDRESS,STATE,CATEGORY,MESSAGE,CREATED,SENT_TO

"Rozlyn Georgina Jones","True","Nurse","rozlyn_jones@yahoo.co.uk","+447717493575","Mobile","8 Stockley Close

Haverhill

Suffolk

CB9 0NB","VIC","Application Status","Dear Sir / Madam

I have just been reading up on your update for international qualified nurses and wondering if I fall into the category of nurses that applied before September 13th 2010. I did originally apply in May 2010 but had my application on hold until September 2010. In which you sent me a new application to fill out which arrived with you today 17 September 2010 along with my identity documents.

Does this mean I am in the assessment for application received before 13 September 2010 as I originally applied in May 2010?

Many Thank

Rozlyn Jones

>>>>>>>>>>>> Top is my reply from AHPRA regarding my registration and old and new guidelines .......Apparently my application I sent in early 2010 was not accepted for some strange reason. No real explanation why.

Rozlyn,

I am very sorry for you....and for myself! Apparently, I am in the same situation as you are, but I do not want to email AHPRA to receive the same answer as you did. I feel so frustrated and angry! and still waiting for my CV to get back!

PS.- I did also receive the new form to fill out, have to provide more ID and CV.

Isabel

Isabel,

I understand everything your going through. I call and they say your application is being processed or oh the systems seems to be down.

Spoke with the hospital I have my job at and they cant do anything as they are basically getting the same answers that we are.

Unfortunately there is nothing we can do. just let it ride its course

From a very frustrated and stressed Nurse

Roz

x

Hi there,

Im in the same boat, and I first applied in March/April 2010 and my application was being processed by the QNC. I only had 2 more documents outstanding - a 2nd letter from my employer and a passport copy, that was it but now APHRA have sent me a new application form telling me to basically start again. However they state in their letter that I should be assured that docs sent by me already have been attached to my file!!?...I have tried to phone and email numerous times to no avail to request they send back all my certified docs if I have to start again as Im not paying again!! they have them all.....;-(

annoyed and frustrated;-(

Andie x

Guest lesleyawalsh

Hi all

I actually spoke to a real person in Melbourne last night I find if calling from the UK call at midnight and ask to be put through to the state dealing with your application, in my case this is Melbourne I find the people you talk to are usually helpful I at the moment am ' awaiting allocation and assessment' but all my docs are there so thats hopeful.

Lesley

We are all in the same painful boat at the moment and its quite a long dragging type of pain.

I am on my last few shifts at my current job in England then am jobless and waiting for nursing registration.

Anyone else jobless and waiting for nursing registration? We could form our own group hehe

We are all in the same painful boat at the moment and its quite a long dragging type of pain.

I am on my last few shifts at my current job in England then am jobless and waiting for nursing registration.

Anyone else jobless and waiting for nursing registration? We could form our own group hehe

Hi

Yep, im jobless and homeless. I have moved in with the parents and have only just been accepted by a nursing bank in the UK - as guess what - I needed a new CRB check which has taken 6 weeks.

I have just done some temp work at Natwest bank, i much prefer patients to customers. There has been many a time have i wanted to tell them where to put thei debit card!!! :wink:

Just a waiting game, at least i dont have to pay rent ....... every cloud ....

haha, I can imagine. How did you end up in a bank? Sooooo different from nursing

Spoke to AHPRA again today and the new application that I sent in will be processed in up to 90 days and I will be contacted if any further information is required.

I asked them why is it to take that long if I sent it off originally in May but got no response just there is a backlog of overseas nurses applications and it will take up to 90 days to process.

Hey ho...................I am sure I will laugh about this one day

Now I am unsure if my prospective job will wait for another 3 months and the visa people may even refuse my visa that I have already paid for..................

Oh my thoughts get better every second

I am fortunately one of the lucky ones although I didn't think that at the time. I applied to NSW in April , then nothing I arrived in Sydney on 22nd July and went to the AHPRA offices the next day, yes very jet lagged but I thought that would be the only way to get some answers. I attended AHPRA offices another 2 times after that and I contacted a named person on a regular basis after this. When I say regular, I rang every day, this was the only way I felt like I was speeding the process up and thought they will be so sick of me enquiring they will want to register me ASAP. Anyway I am now registered as from last Tues. I had spoken to someone on Tues morning to be told they were waiting for guidelines on how to use the guidelines and I couldn't be given any guidance on how long my registration would take to come through, 4 hours later I got a phone call to say I was registered. I wonder if it was something to do with how angry I got and told them I could no longer afford to feed myself.

I'm also one of those Nurses who trained in 1990 and did the old style training so I don't have a diploma or degree. I was registered according to the old guidelines.

I'm sure it will happen for everyone who is waiting, it happened for me and I can soon start my job.

Tara

I am still waiting, and as I come from France I don't know how things will turn for me....

I took a job as assistant in nursing in a retirement home...

I am getting fed up :-(:grumpy1

Archived