Any nurse here or in uk awaiting AHPRA registration? I applied with QNC...

Guest annieross

Guest SunshineSmile

Forgot to say that i found the factsheet about notorising documents and there is no mention of solicitors on the overseas nurses section.. just public notaries and JP'S (which as i said we dont have here in Ireland :arghh:)

Anyway just to make my day a little better i did find a local Notary this afternoon willing to sign all my documents including the lengthy course transcript for an overall fee of 50 Euro and 1 Euro per page that has to be stamped and signed.. quite reasonable considering other guy i spoke to wanted 50 Euro per signature on every page that needed notorising :swoon:GOOD LORD !!!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest SunshineSmile

QUESTION TO ALL WHO ALREADY SENT OFF THEIR APPLICATION......

Can you confirm guys that the correct place to send application is the po box address in Melbourne that is given at the end of the AGOS-04 application form?

There seems to be conflicting info.. someone somewhere posted recently that their application was returned and they were informed it should have gone to the office in Queensland ??? :arghh:

Guest annieross

Will you be working in QLD? I think it should go to the office in the state you will be based in but not 100% sure...

I contacted The Courier Mail (Brisbane and Sunhine Coast) yesterday and they are keen to run a story about AHPRA's blunders, focusing on the impact it is having on overseas nurses. I should find out tomorrow when it will be published. Hope this helps us all! It just has to be sorted out soon, it is beyond all rational thought as to why they do not have these 'processes' in place to assess us!

Guest SunshineSmile
Will you be working in QLD? I think it should go to the office in the state you will be based in but not 100% sure..

I contacted The Courier Mail (Brisbane and Sunhine Coast) yesterday and they are keen to run a story about AHPRA's blunders, focusing on the impact it is having on overseas nurses. I should find out tomorrow when it will be published. Hope this helps us all! It just has to be sorted out soon, it is beyond all rational thought as to why they do not have these 'processes' in place to assess us!

OOOooo Thats brilliant:notworthy: Well done Annie!

hi all

I received an email from the AHPRA today stating:

Thank you for your enquiry to AHPRA. Your application is currently being reviewed. Should further information be required during the application process a case manager will contact you.

Should you require further information please do not hesitate to contact AHPRA.

I am taking it as a positive thing, after all i had sent them 4 or 5 emails with the last one a bit stroppy.

Guest chihiro

I got a letter from them on Monday asking me to fill their application form and get it back to them. I did so and went to the AHPRA office yesterday to give it back.

Let's hope that it will not take too long and they won't ask for more documents !

It's moving, fingers cross !

Guest Andie33

just to update everyone: $%^&having just lost the plot yesterday and sent my certified passport copy into thin air thinking cant hurt!, i received a letter from the AHPRA this morning with a new application form to fill in and a letter saying that "please be assured all docs sent to QNC are attached to your file and you will not be required to re-submit etc," - but, the thing is the application form sent said fill in all except those blanked out, and none are blanked out so do i send the whole supporting docs again (which means another what? £300 to get re-certified and re-request (now till xmas)....

so i sent them an email again saying not impressed and please send me all my documents back to me as you have them etc.....and phoned and spoke to out of hours call handler who couldnt really understand anything i was asking/saying...said they will call me back.

Now i think i;ll just start again (being as i have to anyhow) and apply firstly to ANMC instead and jump through those hoops first and leave the reg until they know theyre arse from their elbow...

permission to throw my toys out???

(or leave it to my 17 month old?;-) (gotta laugh - maybe! ;(.......

Andie

Guest annieross

talk to them, apparantly they are going to start assessing next week. try and clarify what they have. you'll still have to get reg if you go to ANMC. hang in there, i think they've neary sorted it out

APHRA better get their bloody act together.......Got email this morning to say my Queensland State sponsorship application is now in the queue to be processed..........:arghh: Why can't all official offices be efficient and organised as them. If we were as disorganised and unprofessional in our jobs, we would get the sack.............

Guest FAMILYSTONE
The state of Victoria took my money in june, but still no joy ............ I was hoping to be in oz by end of sept. I hope you get your registration soon so you can be in oz for xmas.

I hope everyone will continue to update their progress, so i dont feel like the only one going through the hell thats is getting nurse registration.

Applied to NBV in March, had a letter back due to wrong 'Statement of Entry' to NMC in May. I sent it back end of May and heard nothing since. No reply to any email sent to AHPRA. Spoke on phone was told all applications had been forwarded and would be dealt with within 90 days. time now up and nothing.

Is it just nursing having these problems?

Im one of the other professions and had to arrange my own skills assessment though my professional council, now I have to go through AHPRA who ask for everything I have evidenced so far and seem to want to do it all again!

Are these delays across the board?

Guest TMahara

How many of us are there, the AHPRA still haven't got their act together. I applied to NSW Nursing Board at the end of March, they took my money at the beginning of April but it took them until the end of April to let me know they couldn't process my application until I sat the IELTS. By the time I'd done that and sent the results back they were no longer processing applications and everything was sent to AHPRA. Since then nothing has progressed. They don't reply to any emails or phone calls because they don't know what to do with overseas nurses and their details aren't on computer so noboday can find anything. :mad:

I arrived in Australia on 22nd July and should have started my job by beginning of August. I've been employed to start work on a specific project that was due to start recruting in the middle of August and everything has now been held back until I can start. I'm very lucky that my job is being held open for me.

I have now been into the AHPRA office 3 times since I've been here and I think that's the only reason why someone is communicating with me. I actually broke down the last time I was there when I was told the earliest my registration could happen would be middle of September although there is still no guarantee on that. I just can't quite understand why they are taking so long to write new guidelines when there were previous ones in place before with the regional boards.:arghh:

I rang today, left a message but haven't had a reply (no surpise there then). I'm really hoping and praying they announce their new guidelines at their next monthly meeting at the end of this month (I had hoped that would be today)

If anybody hears anything sooner please post. I have also been told that they will process the applications in order of when the application was made and preference will be given to those who have jobs waiting for them.

Also if you have paid your money to one of the regional boards you won't have to pay again despite the new application stating you need to send money with your application.

From one very frustrated Nurse to many others

Tara

Guest annieross

oh I feel you pain! I actually contacted the media and there was an article about the prob in yesterday's courier mail (couriermail.com.au). youre story may as well be mine hun!

AHPRA told the newspaper and the QLD nurses union that they are going to start assessing the applications next week but it could well be sep if they told you that. Its so frustrating!

On a brighter note, its great we can share and voice our grievances on here!

Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for all of us,

Annie xx

Guest rozzy82

I applied to the Nurses Board of Victoria back in April 2010. They sent me a letter in May asking for some a new work statement. I srnt them one off to which they say it was never received despite someone picking it up from the mail centre as i sent it trackable delivery. So I sent another 2 off and they still cant let me know whether they have received even one of my 3 new work statements. When i ring we cant get through or they are to busy to answer the phone. I have emailed. I am due to start at the Alfred Hospital on the 17th october and the visa being issued is dependent on the registration. I just dont know what to do anymore.

i got an email from the immigration lawyer dealing with my 457 visa who has advised me to email the AHPRA again stating that i have an application for a S/C 457 visa under processing and have been given 28 days from yestrday in which to provide evidence that i hold the necessary qualifications to meet licensing requirements and that I therefore request that they finalise processing of my application immediately.

So i basically emailed them stating this and the lawyer advised me that if they do not respond he will contact the department of immigration for their assistance in resolving the matter.

I think they have a backlog as well and are getting annoyed at the delays.

Guest mojo82

Hi Guys,

I sent all my documentation for registration with NBV at end of May 2010, I wasn't aware of the the changeover to AHPRA on 1st of July. I received all my documentation back mid July from NBV and informed I had to apply to AHPRA along with more time consuming information. I dont understand why they didnt send it back sooner and when I tried to contact them to query where my verification and training transcript would go to I got a reply 1 month later. I feel there service is appauling and just wonder when my registration will eventually come through??

Guest geordielassinspain

I received my letter that I was eligible for registration at the end of May and it stated that I just need to turn up with my documents and will be given registration. I spoke to Aphra and they said that this was still correct. I am hoping to fly to Melbourne at the beginning of October as we just got our 457 visa accepted 2 days ago. I hope that I won't have any problems but now worried reading these posts!!!

Guest rozzy82

I received a letter from my Case Officer this morning stating I have 28 days to get this information. I emailed him back explaining the situation. Hopefully he will get back to me soon. It would be easier if they emailed people back or answered the phone. Understandably it going to be a busy change over period but still its crazy to make people feel like they are pulling there hair out.

I think I will email them what you emailed them with. Anyone due to start work at The Alfred Hospital?

Guest Shane&Lynn

Hi everyone. just a quick update on where we are with AHPRA. We are applying to go to Qld and have a job offer from the Gold coast hospital. Through pure good luck we got through to the initial call centre in Melbourne and spoke to someone with an English accent who it turns out is on a one year visa out in OZ. They gave me the direct number to the Brisbane office but said don't tell anyone I gave it to you or I will lose my job.- happy days -

Now, on Thursday night we spoke to a lady who checked up about our application which we posted to them on the 28th July. We sent it to the Melbourne address and they still haven't got it in Brisbane yet, so I asked her if we could fax it but she didn't know the number and asked me to scan it and email it to her with a covering note about our conversation. I know what your thinking here - there is actually someone in Australia who is being helpful. Anyway, she also said that if we could get the hospital to write a letter in to them that they are holding a job open, it would really speed up the application.

At least we now know a little bit more and they are looking at overseas applications.

hope this gives you all a little glimmer of hope.

Shane

Hi everyone. just a quick update on where we are with AHPRA. We are applying to go to Qld and have a job offer from the Gold coast hospital. Through pure good luck we got through to the initial call centre in Melbourne and spoke to someone with an English accent who it turns out is on a one year visa out in OZ. They gave me the direct number to the Brisbane office but said don't tell anyone I gave it to you or I will lose my job.- happy days -

Now, on Thursday night we spoke to a lady who checked up about our application which we posted to them on the 28th July. We sent it to the Melbourne address and they still haven't got it in Brisbane yet, so I asked her if we could fax it but she didn't know the number and asked me to scan it and email it to her with a covering note about our conversation. I know what your thinking here - there is actually someone in Australia who is being helpful. Anyway, she also said that if we could get the hospital to write a letter in to them that they are holding a job open, it would really speed up the application.

At least we now know a little bit more and they are looking at overseas applications.

hope this gives you all a little glimmer of hope.

Shane

Can i ask why the application has to go to Brisbane????:confused: Nowhere on the application does it ask which state you are going to work in and it does say, send it to the address in Melbourne. I thought it was 1 national registration now..........

I want to work in Brisbane but have sent my application to Melbourne, also AMNC has forwarded all my docs to Melbourne...... They better not lose my application.

When you rang did she say that they actually received the application in Melbourne where you sent it in the first instance.

It sounds like you got the same English person as me. He said he shouldn't give me the number but he did anyway. Not rung the other number yet.

Good luck

Guest Shane&Lynn

I know, I said that to the woman about the address being in Melbourne but they sent us a letter dated 20th August with another application which is what prompted me to call them on Thursday midnight.It stated to send our application to a brisbane PO Box and not to send it to Melbourne. Luckily I had kept a photo copy of everything we've sent. She said we probably got the letter because they hadn't received the application yet. She didn't have any record of whether Melbourne had received the application.

Shane

Archived