Norwich in October

On another thread we did sort of mutter something about getting together in Norwich in October so how about we sort out a date?

The best week for me is from 18 -25 October and I have nothing in my diary for those dates. I would find a weekday easier especially if I am coming by train (havent checked out the timetables for the weekend yet) but you guys all have more demands on your time than I do.

So, to start the ball rolling - how does Thursday 21st sound?

It will be great to catch up with the returnees and anyone else who is interested!

Guest roma 1

Hi Quoll.

Caramac is away at the moment but does still come on here but i will give her a call when she gets home if she misses this. We were trying to think of somewhere quiet where we could all have a good natter.

I will pm you my email address just in case I have trouble getting on here as i sometimes do have a problem..

Gail xx

Hi Quoll.

Caramac is away at the moment but does still come on here but i will give her a call when she gets home if she misses this. We were trying to think of somewhere quiet where we could all have a good natter.

I will pm you my email address just in case I have trouble getting on here as i sometimes do have a problem..

Gail xx

Sounds great if you can include me we can start arrangements by email.

x

Guest roma 1
Sounds great if you can include me we can start arrangements by email.

x

Hi, I will send you my email address via pm..

Norwich is a lovely city but then i am biased as i was born and bred here lol, Gail x

Guest roma 1
Excellent, lets see who wants to come and email works for me!

Getting excited already. The quietest place I know is the cathedral but perhaps they couldnt cope with us!!! LOL

Hi Quoll,

Yes both Caramac and I thought of the Catherdral ( walked through the grounds on wednesday and it was beautiful) but they only have a small coffee shop and we might be too noisy lol.

I will check The Assembly House this week and see how that looks..

It will be great to meet up with everyone,

Gail x

Guest roma 1
I'm back now - well for a week until we go to Amsterdam to see oh.. hooray!! Gail, I'll give you a call and we can have another think.

Anyone else out there who knows Norwich have any ideas?

Hi,

I was in the city on Wednesday but Francesca wanted to "do" all the charity shops so i didn't get a chance to check any places out!!!

Speak to you soon and hope you had a good time away,

Gail x

Ladies!

I'm Jealous........................lol

Why not try The Rushcutters, Thorpe St Andrew?

Beautiful Setting, indoor OR out depending on the weather and 5 mins from the Station!

Now there's an idea! Close to Gail too and I could collect people from the station on my way. Will check it out.

Thank you!:smile:

Guest Rusty10

Cinema City has a great Cafe or you could all meet on the market at Reggies for pie and peas!

Yes I moved from there and it is a great city.

Guest roma 1

Hi Rusty,

The Rushcutters is just down the road from me and I went to Reggies on Tuesday

What do you think Caramac? Rushcutters is good and we can walk into Norwich from there if we wanted to have a sight -seeing tour for folks from away...

will call you next week,

Gail xx

ps where did you live Rusty?

I'm happy. Never been, but it seems to make sense as it's so close to everything. Perhaps we should meet up there soon - for a 'test run'.... ;) I'll bring Rachel too as she's here now. Maybe when the kids are back at school?

Is everyone happy with Quoll's date of 21st Oct? Suits me (is it half term? Can't get past the end of these holidays yet!).

Guest roma 1

Hi Caroline,

Quoll's date suits me and a test run would be could,

I will call you next week,

Gail xx

I think it is half term!

I'm happy. Never been, but it seems to make sense as it's so close to everything. Perhaps we should meet up there soon - for a 'test run'.... ;) I'll bring Rachel too as she's here now. Maybe when the kids are back at school?

Is everyone happy with Quoll's date of 21st Oct? Suits me (is it half term? Can't get past the end of these holidays yet!).

21st good with me - look forward to it - enjoy the test run.

Fx

Hi Rusty,

What do you think Caramac? Rushcutters is good and we can walk into Norwich from there if we wanted to have a sight -seeing tour for folks from away...

will call you next week,

Gail xx

Boo Hoo Gail...............Have a drink for me won't you!

Love Jo (joelltah) x:hug:

Guest roma 1
Boo Hoo Gail...............Have a drink for me won't you!

Love Jo (joelltah) x:hug:

Hi Jo,

Will certainly have raise a glass to you..

Gail x

Guest Rusty10
Hi Rusty,

will call you next week,

Gail xx

Buxton Road, just off St Augustins Road.

hi, can you tell me what the meet up is for, i live in kings lynn and am waiting to move to sydney, i would love to meet up with other families in the same situation, is this what the meet up is for ? if it is i would love to come and have a chat with people in same situation xxx

victoria

• 1 month later...

OK, I think we have narrowed this down!

The coffee shop in the Forum at 11 am on Thursday 21 October (something like Cafe Marzano).

I am coming by train which (all things being equal) should arrive at 10.30.

Look forward to catching up with everyone then!

Leave at lunchtime today, my 8.30 appointment is late and I have a 9.30 as well and havent packed yet. Hmmm, might be cutting this a bit fine methinks!

Archived