RSMS timeline

Guest Rangerider33

Guest ericanto
:shocked: Weve got it .... email at 9.58 this morning saying we are now permenant residents of Australia !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:chatterbox:

Was this at the parramatta office?

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Rangerider

The Saga continues.

CO returns from leave on 2 Feb 11 after being at work for 5 days in the last 6 weeks and tells my MIA that the letter from the medical people in Sydney sent on 5 Jan 11 to Brisbane has failed to arrive. The mail section are now looking for it! What's up with e-mail in this day and age? You could not make this stuff up.

It is now 11 months since I signed my job contract, it took 8 months before my post nomination was approved, and 6 months since my visa application went in. And here I am, silly me, I thought RSMS 119 visa was a priority application! What was I thinking?

Lastest is that e-mail is being sent from medical people at Sydney to CO, but still have no idea what is the problem after medicals were referred before Xmas 10. My CO was allocated 16 Nov 10 and still no visa decision. I am ready to tear my hair out!

Letter now found at Brisbane on 9 Feb 11, which asks for medical reports that CO had not passed on to medical people. CO then sends them by post to Sydney.

On 11 Feb Sydney medical people ring my MIA and tell him medical paperwork ready for processing, however that unless my CO asks for priority processing, it will be at least 3 weeks before the medical people will even look at them.

You would think after the UK panel doctor lost the medical paperwork, and the Sydney letter going astray, that we would have priority, no chance!, I have decided, that in a previous life, I must have stepped on a black cat or something, all these delays are just freaking me out.

Well blow me down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RSMS 119 Visa granted 16 Feb 2011!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ericanto
It has been a while...any news from anyone?

Hi Sunshinefreedom

I think both you and Annastu are the only ones who had lodged in July at the parramatta office(actively following this thread) and was expecting that either one of you would post some updates. I lodged my nomination about a month and the visa application a couple of months after you did, so was hoping to draw a guesstimate based on your time lines. Hope you guys put up some good updates soon!

Eric

Guest ericanto

Hi Guys

I have some update. I have been alloted a CO who has requested for my medicals. The CO is from Brisbane. I submitted my application in the last week of September while my nomination was lodged in the third week of August at the Parramatta office.

Eric

Guest AnnaStu
Hi Guys

I have some update. I have been alloted a CO who has requested for my medicals. The CO is from Brisbane. I submitted my application in the last week of September while my nomination was lodged in the third week of August at the Parramatta office.

Eric

Congratulations !!!:biggrin:

still havnt heard anything! im well jealous... :wink:

Guest ericanto
Hi Rangerider

The Saga continues.

CO returns from leave on 2 Feb 11 after being at work for 5 days in the last 6 weeks and tells my MIA that the letter from the medical people in Sydney sent on 5 Jan 11 to Brisbane has failed to arrive. The mail section are now looking for it! What's up with e-mail in this day and age? You could not make this stuff up.

It is now 11 months since I signed my job contract, it took 8 months before my post nomination was approved, and 6 months since my visa application went in. And here I am, silly me, I thought RSMS 119 visa was a priority application! What was I thinking?

Lastest is that e-mail is being sent from medical people at Sydney to CO, but still have no idea what is the problem after medicals were referred before Xmas 10. My CO was allocated 16 Nov 10 and still no visa decision. I am ready to tear my hair out!

Letter now found at Brisbane on 9 Feb 11, which asks for medical reports that CO had not passed on to medical people. CO then sends them by post to Sydney.

On 11 Feb Sydney medical people ring my MIA and tell him medical paperwork ready for processing, however that unless my CO asks for priority processing, it will be at least 3 weeks before the medical people will even look at them.

You would think after the UK panel doctor lost the medical paperwork, and the Sydney letter going astray, that we would have priority, no chance!, I have decided, that in a previous life, I must have stepped on a black cat or something, all these delays are just freaking me out.

Well blow me down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RSMS 119 Visa granted 16 Feb 2011!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Hi Meadows73

Congrats on your visa being approved! why did you edit your previous post instead of adding a new one....

Hi Meadows73

Congrats on your visa being approved! why did you edit your previous post instead of adding a new one....

Hi there

Thank you for your good wishes. I was just so excited, I could hardly think straight, it was so unexpected, I was thinking it was still going to be months away before I heard anything!

I'm off to Mackay in Queensland! Now all I have to do is give my 4 weeks notice at work and book removals and flights.

I was getting so impatient with waiting from Mar 10 but I so very, very, grateful to the powers that be for giving me and my family the chance of a new life in Australia.

All the best to those still waiting for their RSMS 119 visa.

Guest ericanto

Hi Guys

I received an e-mail from my CO today stating that my 857 visa has been approved. I am more relieved than excited and my best wishes to all of those still waiting for their visas. Just a quick run through of my Time Line

RCB approval : 2nd week of August

Nomination lodged : 3rd week of August

Visa Application lodged : last week of September

CO assigned : 3rd week of February

Nomination and Visa approval : 3/3/11

And yes, all this was at the Parramatta office, though the CO was based in Brisbane.

Cheers

Eric

Guest Phillida
Anyone visa granted who applied in sept last week. i didnt even got CO allocated yet :(

I'm confused here, so am I to assume that when your application is submitted you then have to wait until a CO is allocated to you case before processing starts on your application?

I submitted an application for a Distinguished Talent Visa on 6th Jan to Canberra as this is a special entry visa.

I have a job to go to , nominator all in place etc, and was told it would be between 6 to 9mths for processing.

Not been notified that it has been allocated to a CO as yet?

RSMS 857 (onshore) Visa lodged at Paramatta 05/11/2010 from ETA country.All docs sent with application meds/police checks ect.We have a migration agent .Think app was lodged decision ready .Heard nothing waiting time

120 days

Or 4 calendar months tomorrow

Or 17 weeks and 1 day...

God it's horrible waiting.They should update their website and advise what month they are currently processing ,as it just becomes obsessive even if you try not too let it lol

Guest iraghuveer
Congratulations on your time-scale i estimate we should get a CO by 15th of March and have Visa by 15th April ..but that is wishful thinking on my part x

I did mine on 23/09/2010. Offshore 119 at paramatta office. I didnt heard anything yet. This waiting is frustrating .

Guest AnnaStu

It has been over 8 months since nomination and over 7 months since my application was lodged at parramatta (29th of july).still havnt heard anything!! its so frustrating! im in thailand atm and ive already got my flight to sydney booked on the 28th...its getting a bit tight :/

Guest beedaman

Hmmm, most post I read get their CO in the fifth month and approved just after 5 months. I am now in the fifth month still waiting for a CO. Getting stressed looking at your timeline! Fed up with waiting already.

Guest AnnaStu
Did you apply from a non ETA country? That takes a bit longer ie 7 months according to the letter I got.

I am a German citizen which is an ETA country so that shouldnt be the problem.

I wonder if its worth it to contact them again last time i did that was the 18th of january they were saying that they are currently allocating applications from the first week of july!

hmmm....

Guest iraghuveer

I wonder if its worth it to contact them again last time i did that was the 18th of january they were saying that they are currently allocating applications from the first week of july!

hmmm....

I checked my lawyer . She was like it taking more than 9 months for non ETA countries. That's because of the fast track applications.

Btw how to contact immigration regarding this ?? ..I tried to ring them but they can't help with anything .. Did u contact them thru phone or email ???

Guest beedaman

hmmm....

Just out of interest , what timeframe did they mention in the acknowledgement email for receipt of your visa application ? A few people on here mention they are going through applications from sept /oct 2010. Their reply to you that they are working on July applications does not seem right for these visa's.