DIAC finds visa and citizenship applicants satisfied

Taz2008

Are you satisfied??? Not sure I feel too satisfied with DIAC services so far... I have felt quite let down by all their changes over the last couple of years, lack of communication, lack of answers... I could go on and on and on... What a joke!:cute:

I know a lot of the problems have been due to the government making lots of changes, but still... they take our money and then leave us on the road to nowhere!

DIAC Newsroom

10 Aug 2010

The Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) today announced the results of the first phase of an extensive 12-month research program into client satisfaction and the department’s performance.

The results of this research come as the department begins a transformation exercise to provide more efficient and effective service to all its clients in an effort to become the best immigration and citizenship organisation in the world.

Among the most significant findings were that 84 per cent of respondents were satisfied with their most recently used service delivery channel (phone, email, online or in-person) and 94 per cent of respondents were satisfied with the department’s online application process for visas.

The research, conducted by ORIMA Research Pty Ltd, involved responses from nearly 7500 visa applicants, citizenship applicants, clients with immigration status issues, registered migration agents and sponsors, across 50 nationalities.

Other significant research findings included:

• 89 per cent of respondents were satisfied with the DIAC website
  • 87 per cent of respondents were satisfied with the in-person service they most recently received
  • 95 per cent of respondents who had used the online application system said they would use it again
  • 89 per cent of citizenship applicants were satisfied in their dealings with DIAC.

The department recognises that the global movement of people will be one of the great challenges of the 21st century.

“We need to position ourselves as an organisation to compete in global markets and to attract the best migrants and key skills required for Australia’s future growth and prosperity,” a DIAC spokesman said.

The satisfaction level with web-based products and services reflected in the survey was encouraging as the department begins to provide more of its services online.

“We’re pleased with the high levels of satisfaction from our online products,” the spokesman said. “We listen to our clients and what we’re hearing is that they want more of our services available online.

“Client feedback like this tells us where we are and what we need to do to meet the challenges posed by emerging demands locally and globally.”

Guest zzzsianzzz

thats crap... i know partly the outcome of the results, many people called them but they are too busy to answer everyone or we might not have the patience to wait so long. so if 100 people called and they have only picked up 10 or served 10, I can see the reason for having this percentages.

Guest JK2510

Yes I must admit the last 12 months of my life I have been very happy and not p***** around at all!! In fact since we began process in may 2008 the happiness dissapeared out the window with the money!

It was probably DIAC employees voting!!

I would not recommend to anyone I know.

I notice they didn't include any stats about how satisfied people were with the overall application process, the quality, clarity, and transparency of the information provided for different visa categories, the time taken to process visas, and the cost of visas - i.e. all the important stuff was missing and only the fluffy stuff was included. Definitely a bunch of spin.

Guest Midlanders

Hi all

Did anyone take part in their survey????? Well we didnt............. and along with the peeps before I think their service is a big P POOR and a total joke!!!!

Perhaps I may have to change my mind when and if we get our Visa's and if that's the barganing tool used to get good survey result..... !!!!

Guest VickyMel

We were asked to fill in a Victoria satisfaction survey about a month ago...

I did it because I wanted to give a piece of my mind to them about how peed off I felt about everything and how we felt really let down having been messed around so much etc...

However when we did the survey the questions were worded in such a way that really you could say very little other than yes this worked or that didn't type thing.

It was more about how you prefer to communicate with people - I imagine that may come up with similar results.

Its amazing how you can bias your questions in such a way to get the answer you want - then interpret things they way you want.

Maybe they only contacted people who obatined visas (e.g. the CSLs that were speeding through the system) or people who got citizenship that year.

The pity is thst such a biased survey is not going to help anyone other than the firm being paid to undertake it and the guy who gets his performance bonus for doing a good job and keeping his customers satisfied.

Pity they couldn;t come on here and put a poll on a thread to ask us!

I don't think there are many people who are pleased with the system, and many people come away from phone calls to DIAC more confused than when they started.

VickyMel

I know a lot of the problems have been due to the government making lots of changes, but still... they take our money and then leave us on the road to nowhere!

Just remember that DIAC is a government department and as such have to deal with decisions that the Government make, the same as if your boss or company makes a decision and you have to cop the flack. No excuses.

Having dealt with both the UK home office and DIAC I can say that they are both typical gov departments and those stats are definatley not what they portray to be!

Maybe the applicants who got thei VISA's were the only ones who took part....what a load of crap though- maybe they bribed them to mark down good results!

CAT (4), 885 applied 2008 AUG, ICT - Recent graduate NEC, IELTS 8.0, NAATI qualified, Currently employed as a ICT Project Officer

well.

i may get some abuse for this but never mind.

i am firmly of the opinion, i am the one asking to get in to their country. i have no god given right to entry, weather or not i fulfill the criteria. they make the rules, they set the price. if i want in i do it their way. no use getting upset at them.

i did not fill in the survey, however the only thing i wouls say was that their communication is pretty poor, but i dont know what sort of workload they have to deal with. other than that i had no real problems in my dealings with them.

they could just as easily say they have had enough and not let anyone in!

Incoming!!!!

Archived