Calling all Brisbannites! September Meet-up!

Guest Benchola

Guest Benchola
Hi Benchola, that sounds brilliant - count us in - we have been before last year and it's the best park i have ever been to. Will see you there x x x

Brilliant. :jiggy:

Make sure you RSVP on the Calendar!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

we've been here nearly 3 months now & love the sound of a meet up! We're not really very close at all (Bribie Island) but don't mind a bit of a drive.

Is there much parking there does anyone know??

Ellie & Paul (& Danny & Charlie 9 & 3)

Guest Benchola
Hi,

we've been here nearly 3 months now & love the sound of a meet up! We're not really very close at all (Bribie Island) but don't mind a bit of a drive.

Is there much parking there does anyone know??

Ellie & Paul (& Danny & Charlie 9 & 3)

There's quite a bit all the way around the park. It can get a bit busy, but that's why I suggested 11am to beat the lunchtime rush! Having said that, there shouldn't be an issue with parking.

Looking forward to meeting you guys.

Hi. Count us in as well please. We arrive on the 11th September. Look forward to meeting you all.

Janet, Craig, Mark (who will be 17 on the 17th Sept) and Dan 13

well what can I say, mark is obviously a very special lad.,.... my birthday is 17 sept too as is my dad's

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah we are still on for Saturday, or at least the Mackeys will be turning up with a bit of stuff for either a picnic or a bbq, just hope the weather stays nice, forecast says a little cloudy but 25 degrees.

Looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing the kids attacking the playground.

We haven't yet sorted out anything to make it obvious which group we will be so if anyone has a small union jack flag or wants to create a homemade PIO sign or anything like that it is more than welcome, if not then we will be the group of people giving complete strangers welcoming smiles and saying hello, even if they're not part of the meet up!

Shazza

xx

There's quite a bit all the way around the park. It can get a bit busy, but that's why I suggested 11am to beat the lunchtime rush! Having said that, there shouldn't be an issue with parking.

Looking forward to meeting you guys.

You can park in the powerhouse car park and walk through the cut which brings you out right next to the childrens playground.

Hi all,

I'm gutted as don't think we can now make it tomorrow as eldest son wanting to do surf lifesaving tryout which is 9-3!! If he changes his mind or I can sort something out we will come but it's not looking likely. Boo!

Hope you all have a great time.

Ellie xxx

Hi

Was hoping to meet up, but unfortunately, i am working . Hope you all have a great time and hope to meet on a next meet up.

Bagpuss

Guest annemarie and brian

I hope today went well sorry i missed it but i have been unwell the last couple of days did not want to spread my cold so i am hoping the next one will be soon and i will try and come to that one.

annemarie xxx

Guest Benchola

What a fantastic day that was!

Thanks to everyone who turned up - it was great to meet you all. I'll apologise now if we didn't get to speak to everyone as much as we would have liked, but hopefully we will be able to make amends at the next get together!

The general consensus was that this should be a regular thing at different parks / venues across Brisbane. Sooooo.....

I think it would be a good idea if we got everyone's email addresses for the next meet-up. I'll still post up the details of upcoming events in here, but for those who don't visit PIO that often it will allow us all to keep in touch and tabs on what is happening next. Therefore, if you want to get the details of the next get together then please pm me your email address!

All the best for now. Will have a think about a date for the next event and post a suggestion on here soon!

Guest guest30038
Kids' parks | ourbrisbane.com This is the link for the top 10 kids parks in Brisbane.

Sx

If you want to try something other than just parkland/playground, there are plenty of great play areas/parks verging on beaches so that the kids can have the best of both worlds................Suttons beach..............Sandgate/Shorncliffe...............Redcliffe lagoon are just 3 on the Northside that also have bbq facilities.

There's plenty southside also.

Nice meeting you all,kids had a great day and want to know when we are going to do it again?

Thanks for arranging it all and see you at the next one

Beccy:spinny:

Guest Benchola
Nice meeting you all,kids had a great day and want to know when we are going to do it again?

Thanks for arranging it all and see you at the next one

Beccy:spinny:

No problem - we're just glad that everyone enjoyed themselves.

We're going to send an email in the next couple of days re the next event - probably mid / end October.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Benchola

I've just sent an email to everyone who attended the September meet-up at New Farm Park.

For those who haven't forwarded their email address or have only just arrived or have only just found this thread, then i've posted the contents of the email here. I'll keep this thread updated so that everyone can see what's going on - and if you want to come along, please do so! We had a great time at New Farm Park and it would be great to see other new faces at the next event in October!

As promised, here is our first email regarding what we hope will become a regular thing. The first meet-up at New Farm a couple of weeks ago was fantastic and it would be a shame if we didn't build on it!

We have posted up the link to the 'Our Brisbane website Top 10 Kids Parks' in Brisbane so there may be some ideas on there, or we could head to the coast and try out one of the many beaches with a playground and BBQ close by, although we don't live near any of those so would have to rely on others recommendations! We have been to the park at Wynnum which has a great kids park with fountains, salt-water pool and a beach! So, perhaps that's a possibility? Everyone's thoughts and ideas are welcome and would be very much appreciated.

Regarding when, I would like to propose Saturday, 23 October 2010 - things should be warming up nicely by then!

If we have missed anyone off the list then either let us know and we shall add them or just forward this on to them. I'll also post this on PIO so that anyone else can see what we're planning.

Looking forward to hearing from you guys.

Matt, Sharon, Jacob and Isobel

The Wynnum park is excellent, it does get very very busy on weekends so need to be there early. There's lots to do for kids. There's an excellent one at Wellington Point as well, right on the beach, parking can get a bit tricky there. Capalaba has a terrific park with a lake, ducks, turtles, eels etc, barbecues, that is quite accessible. Chermside has a superb kids space playground, there are a few barbecues, another one that gets pretty busy.

Archived