2231-79 Computing Professional (ICT Recent Graduate) and the new priority

Guest ddd2010

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest akellu
Well Mate, Hope that True, I am still not able to Log In.

:chatterbox:

Will Check again and Again, Do update here if u can access it

I hope so too... and hoping its successful..... if not i'm the first one in the spreadsheet with a failed assessment.... weeeee!!!:sad:

Guest akellu

Yep with assessor

Date Received 28-January-2011

Event Type PASA

Status With assessor

Managed By C**** R****

Registered Post No

Guest mirob
I hope so too... and hoping its successful..... if not i'm the first one in the spreadsheet with a failed assessment.... weeeee!!!:sad:

Don't worry, you'll be fine. What are the chances of not passing the assessment? I let you answer that ... :wubclub:

Guest newguy2010

I wonder if everyone with CR is much quicker than IK because IK has left ACS. My status has never changed since 12 weeks ago. It is always In Progress... because my case was managed by IK.

Guest lal2011

Need help with ACS re-assessment 2231-79 -

My Qualifications:

(i) Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science from OVERSEAS

(ii)Master of Engineering Management from Australia

(iii)MBA from Australia.

(iv) No work experience in IT.

(v) My ACS positive skills assessment result in 2009 = ICT 2231-79 (ICT Recent Graduate)

(vi) I have applied for PR 885 under ICT 2231-79 (ICT Recent Graduate)

(vii) Now, I want to lodge my ACS skills re-assessment & i do not know which ANZSCO code I can choose. I want to nominate the ANZSCO code 261111 ICT Business Analyst but do not know if I will be eligible???

* Does anyone know if ACS considers our overseas Bachelor degree as well for the re-assessment or do they consider only our qualifications from Australia for re-assessment?

* Does anyone know who have the same kind of quals as mine and have successful ACS reassessment.

Thanks

Guest lal2011

When I did my 1st ACS assessment in 2009, I submitted the following to them:

(a) Bachelor of Engineering - Computer Science Engineering from overseas

(b) Master of Engineering Management - Australia

© MBA - Australia

(d) No Work Experience

Result: 2231-79 (ICT Recent Graduate) (under the ACS PIM 2 guidelines)

My skills assessment letter read: 'The applicant has a Master of Engineering Management and a Master of Business Administration which together have been assessed as comparable to Australian Bachelor degree with a major in Computing'.

* I noticed that they didn't mention my overseas bachelor degree in the assessment letter

* However, I also noticed that my Masters degree in Australia are business degrees

That's why I am very confused!!!

Guest mirob
Need help with ACS re-assessment 2231-79 -

My Qualifications:

(i) Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science from OVERSEAS

(ii)Master of Engineering Management from Australia

(iii)MBA from Australia.

(iv) No work experience in IT.

(v) My ACS positive skills assessment result in 2009 = ICT 2231-79 (ICT Recent Graduate)

(vi) I have applied for PR 885 under ICT 2231-79 (ICT Recent Graduate)

(vii) Now, I want to lodge my ACS skills re-assessment & i do not know which ANZSCO code I can choose. I want to nominate the ANZSCO code 261111 ICT Business Analyst but do not know if I will be eligible???

* Does anyone know if ACS considers our overseas Bachelor degree as well for the re-assessment or do they consider only our qualifications from Australia for re-assessment?

* Does anyone know who have the same kind of quals as mine and have successful ACS reassessment.

Thanks

What's engineering management exactly and how does it correlate with ICT? I'm really not sure. I looked up our spreadsheet and I only found positive assessments of people with a Master of ICT Management which is I guess, somehow different.

I suggest you email the dean's secretariat at the university and ask them. Your course is accredited by ACS which, however, doesn't mean that you will get a positive assessment. Also, try to email your fellow classmates if you're still in touch with them.

^

which degrees were assessed in your 2231-79 assessment?

If he quote prior degrees to the degree he got the previous assessment based on, it will still be fine as it is an experience that was achieved prior to the old assessment. I remember someone saying that in this thread months ago.

Guest mirob
When I did my 1st ACS assessment in 2009, I submitted the following to them:

(a) Bachelor of Engineering - Computer Science Engineering from overseas

(b) Master of Engineering Management - Australia

© MBA - Australia

(d) No Work Experience

Result: 2231-79 (ICT Recent Graduate) (under the ACS PIM 2 guidelines)

My skills assessment letter read: 'The applicant has a Master of Engineering Management and a Master of Business Administration which together have been assessed as comparable to Australian Bachelor degree with a major in Computing'.

* I noticed that they didn't mention my overseas bachelor degree in the assessment letter

* However, I also noticed that my Masters degree in Australia are business degrees

That's why I am very confused!!!

You applied as a Group C applicant with exemption from experience. You can only do that with degrees from Australia. I'd say that's the reason they didn't quote your OS degree.

My positive skills assessment says something like this:

The applicant has a Bachelor of Information Technology which has been assessed as comparable to Australian Bachelor degree with a major in Computing

So I guess that's good news, though I wouldn't rely on it. Do more research but if you don't find anything I suggest you look up the ANZSCO descriptions and try to match the subjects. I also suggest you do it sooner rather than later, you don't know what changes come into effect on July 1st 2011, so better hurry. if a new SOL is released and your profession is not on it you might not be able to jump to Category 3.

Guest lal2011

Dear mirob and PissLUR - Thanks Heaps for your quick response and help. Really appreciate it! :smile:

Guest lal2011

Dear Mirob, does that mean when you applied the 1st time for ACS skills assessment, you didn't apply as Group C applicant?

Was your 'Bachelor of Information Technology' from overseas or Australian quals?

Guest mirob
Dear Mirob, does that mean when you applied the 1st time for ACS skills assessment, you didn't apply as Group C applicant?

Was your 'Bachelor of Information Technology' from overseas or Australian quals?

I did apply as a Group C applicant and my only degree was the Bachelor from Australia. I got my re-assessment based on the same degree. It has to be based on the same degree for the purpose of updating your existing PR application.

Guest lal2011

Hi Mirob, Can you please send me the link to the spreadsheet that you mentioned. I can't seem to find it. Thanks.

Guest nish886
Don't worry, you'll be fine. What are the chances of not passing the assessment? I let you answer that ... :wubclub:

Hi,

Do you know of anyone who has applied for 886 visa before july 2010 and has decided to do a skill assessment review for 2231-79 (comp NEC)?

Guest mirob
Got it people got the assessment yesterday :) now off to chase immigration... :realmad::biglaugh:

I told ya it would only take one day longer!

Now just send it to DIAC along with other documents and give them a call in a couple of days.

Welcome to Priority Group 3! :hug:

Archived