163 Business Owner Visa Granted!!

PARBUTTN

Guest swiftypuss

Hi everyone. I just found this website this morning and am fascinated by what everyone has to say.

We are in the process of applying for a state sponsored business visa for Queensland. We applied for the state sponsorship at the end of May 2010 understanding that it would take around 8 weeks. At the beginning of August, we hadn't heard anything so sent a polite email enquiring as to how long it might take. We got a response saying that the timescales had now been extended to 12 weeks. A couple of weeks later, I got an emailing asking for another couple of pieces of information which I emailed back within about 10 days. We received a letter on 10th September telling us that our state sponsorship had been granted and that we now have a year to send in our visa application.

I also heard (I think from an agency that we used for help) that if you get the state sponsorship granted, it would be almost a formality getting the visa application approved. I assume that this is because most of the information they need (eg financials and plans etc) have already been submitted and approved.

I wondered if there's anyone out there who started up an estate agency business in Queensland?

Also, is it imperative that you start up a business in the same industry as your business plan? It might be possible that when you get there you might decide to try something completely different....has anybody done that?

I am very grateful for any help and advise that anyone can offer!

Thanks, Heide :daydreaming:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi everyone. I just found this website this morning and am fascinated by what everyone has to say.

We are in the process of applying for a state sponsored business visa for Queensland. We applied for the state sponsorship at the end of May 2010 understanding that it would take around 8 weeks. At the beginning of August, we hadn't heard anything so sent a polite email enquiring as to how long it might take. We got a response saying that the timescales had now been extended to 12 weeks. A couple of weeks later, I got an emailing asking for another couple of pieces of information which I emailed back within about 10 days. We received a letter on 10th September telling us that our state sponsorship had been granted and that we now have a year to send in our visa application.

I also heard (I think from an agency that we used for help) that if you get the state sponsorship granted, it would be almost a formality getting the visa application approved. I assume that this is because most of the information they need (eg financials and plans etc) have already been submitted and approved.

I wondered if there's anyone out there who started up an estate agency business in Queensland?

Also, is it imperative that you start up a business in the same industry as your business plan? It might be possible that when you get there you might decide to try something completely different....has anybody done that?

I am very grateful for any help and advise that anyone can offer!

Thanks, Heide :daydreaming:

Hi,

My SS for qld took 6mths. The visa then took a further 10mths and was granted July 2010, but it seems most are waiting 12mths before CO. I was always assurred by my agent that once SS rec'd for QLD it is pretty much a formality, as it is so long winded getting SS compared with other states.

I know some states you have to comply with the same business as UK ,but QLD doesnt at the moment.

I hope its not going to be too soon as we are not planning to follow our business plan at present, but we also put an alternative plan in for myself aswell just in case.

Hope this helps, get your application in quick because they cap them every year when they reach their quota.

Nicki x

Hi all,

just to let you know progress. We were allocated CO 17/9/10 and on the 24/9/10 she has asked for more evidence... ah! Everything had to have exact same day on it, house valuation, mortgage stat, bank stat.... etc.. sure they were to start with, but will redo everything and cross fingers it will all be OK...

Hi,

The had our medicals done at Knightsbridge. They were fantastic!! I am needle phobic and have only had one blood test done in my life and I passed out. I had been dreading that day for the last 2 yrs! My twins aged 15 at the time were also needle phobic but the dr handled the situation brilliantly.

On arrival we were asked to fill some more forms in and were all asked for a urine sample. We then went for blood tests with the dr and they also check blood pressures,height and weights. Me and the girls all had breast examinations and were asked to identify any scars/operations. Chest xrays were then done. My husbands dad died 2 days before or medicals so we were all emotional wrecks, and hubby's blood pressure had to be taken several times, but all in all it was a pleasant and dignified ordeal. Your 4yr old will definately not have a blood test done,its 15 and over, prob just urine sample and xray. Why dont you ring up and find out to put you mind at rest.

Don't stress like I did lay back and think this is another milestone nearer to sunny Oz.

Hi,

The had our medicals done at Knightsbridge. They were fantastic!! I am needle phobic and have only had one blood test done in my life and I passed out. I had been dreading that day for the last 2 yrs! My twins aged 15 at the time were also needle phobic but the dr handled the situation brilliantly.

On arrival we were asked to fill some more forms in and were all asked for a urine sample. We then went for blood tests with the dr and they also check blood pressures,height and weights. Me and the girls all had breast examinations and were asked to identify any scars/operations. Chest xrays were then done. My husbands dad died 2 days before or medicals so we were all emotional wrecks, and hubby's blood pressure had to be taken several times, but all in all it was a pleasant and dignified ordeal. Your 4yr old will definately not have a blood test done,its 15 and over, prob just urine sample and xray. Why dont you ring up and find out to put you mind at rest.

Don't stress like I did lay back and think this is another milestone nearer to sunny Oz.

Thank you for your help, that's great...! I don't think the young ones have x-rays, will have to check. Been through terrible ordeal with him in and out of hospitals having all sorts till he was 3 and half, so going into hospitals gives his a breakdown.... must give them a call. Thanks again..

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Team Crouch,

How are you getting on with sending all your new information again? Are you getting all info at todays date or just getting mortgage statement/bank statement at date you had house valuation etc. I just wondered if you used an agent, as they should have said about the date thing. Also, did you get state sponsorship? I thought they would have picked it up at this stage also?

Hi Nikki P,

You've booked your flights, excellent! I'm not sure how that feels - somewhat happy, somewhat nervous maybe? Good luck with your journey! Please do keep posting on the forum once you're their too, would love to know how you're settling in.

Emma xx

Hi Emma,

Hows your plans, any news? Flights booked and counting the days, so excited and no we are not nervous at all!!!Everyone is really sad around us and trying to make the most of the time.Its terrible really as I feel a bit selfish as we are so excited and I havent got time for people especially the negative ones, we are too busy. I am a bit worried I might hit a wall nearer the time, but I feel we have nothing to lose and we are going on a long sunnny holiday and adventure.

nicki x

Hi Team Crouch,

How are you getting on with sending all your new information again? Are you getting all info at todays date or just getting mortgage statement/bank statement at date you had house valuation etc. I just wondered if you used an agent, as they should have said about the date thing. Also, did you get state sponsorship? I thought they would have picked it up at this stage also?

Hi Nikki P,

You've booked your flights, excellent! I'm not sure how that feels - somewhat happy, somewhat nervous maybe? Good luck with your journey! Please do keep posting on the forum once you're their too, would love to know how you're settling in.

Emma xx

Hi Emma,

yes have used an agent and yes we did do it, but statements weren't good enough, had to get letters stating amounts on a certain day....???!!! and management accounts to the same day. Sent last bit off to agent today so I'm hoping she'll send it all off tomorrow and we'll see.....????!!!! Fingers crossed xx

Archived