Spiders.. Yes or No

ck10_9

Hi All

Just posted Wildlife Wednesdy 5 on my photo blog (Huntsman Spider) and was thinking about the % of people that are scared of spiders.

Who here would be able to deal with this guy if he were in the house or would just leg it?

Australia Daily Photo: Wildlife Wednesday 5

I have to say that I am in the "Deal with it" camp, but only with a bowl and a magazine to slide under it!! (Don't beleive in killing spiders you see)

Guest guest36762

I'm in the 'if its got 8 legs and you're in Australia, bash the sh7t out of it' camp

hunstmen are terrifying especially when the rear up on you

Guest SDJ&A

That looks like a little one. Not seen one in the wild but have seen some big ones in the wildlife parks and on the tv.

Guest guest36762
That's pretty poor show hardpom - I think spiders are pretty misunderstood.

Sleepywombat - I like the idea of hiding where the alcohol is!!

I know, they are misunderstood. I misunderstand why there are so many venomous ones here. In vic it's redbacks, in NSw it's funnel webs, in qld there are poisonous hunstmen, etc etc etc

Guest cazbeckham

I'M SCARED OF ALL SPIDERS AND CREEPY CRAWLIES - but I love Australia soooooo much I am staying.

Guest guest36762
Huntsman ain't poisonous

see I told you I misunderstood them.

I still squash the buggers when I see them

Guest Krav3R
Hi All

Just posted Wildlife Wednesdy 5 on my photo blog (Huntsman Spider) and was thinking about the % of people that are scared of spiders.

Who here would be able to deal with this guy if he were in the house or would just leg it?

Australia Daily Photo: Wildlife Wednesday 5

I have to say that I am in the "Deal with it" camp, but only with a bowl and a magazine to slide under it!! (Don't beleive in killing spiders you see)

Hey CK I know what you mean...I'm not very fond of creepy crawlies myself (I think a lot of you out there feels the same :yes:)...but with spiders, I don't go out bashing the hell out of 'em when I see one...common household spiders I can live with, I usually pick it up & take it outside the house...but I won't take chances with the venomous ones (you can tell coz most of them have shiny bodies)...safety of the family comes first, If I have to "exterminate" so be it...I'll do whatever is necessary, especially when you have kids around. The Huntsman looks a bit intimidating due to its size.:eek:

Guest One Hour Photo

Scared ...... bloody terrified ...

As I am here on my own I have wondered what I would do if confronted with a biggy. Has anyone ever been in a position where they had no-one to help and called the cops.

I am serious, I would be screaming and I can't think of anything else I could do but call 000, would they help or tell me to bugger off.......

If they did come and deal with the emergency, I would then need a week (or two or three) in a Psyc ward to get over the trauma ....

Mostly I am consider myself pretty tuff, I can honestly say I would rather have to deal with a 6' drunk, with a large knife than a horrible, creepy, hairy thing ......

I really do worry about this - advice anyone ?????

Guest guest36762

As I am here on my own I have wondered what I would do if confronted with a biggy. Has anyone ever been in a position where they had no-one to help and called the cops.

I am serious, I would be screaming and I can't think of anything else I could do but call 000, would they help or tell me to bugger off.......

If they did come and deal with the emergency, I would then need a week (or two or three) in a Psyc ward to get over the trauma ....

Mostly I am consider myself pretty tuff, I can honestly say I would rather have to deal with a 6' drunk, with a large knife than a horrible, creepy, hairy thing ......

MORTEIN. IF ITs BIG YOU MAY NEED A WHOLE CAN THOUGH. WHEN IT DROPS OFF THE CEILING GET A CRICKET BAT AND SCORE A FEW CENTURIES WITH IT

Guest siamsusie

When I was living in Karratha WA I really did expect to see more insects than I did. We regularly had the house sprayed courtesy of a company Chris ( once every 6 months) and all I saw were dead cockroaches on occasions.

Here in Tasmania, I have confronted quite a few Huntsmen, and I dont like them at all. They probably came in with the firewood and my husband disposes of them diplomatically and quietly:frown:. I will order one of these catchers..Spider Catcher Plus .

FearDrop... this is a 24/7 on line phobiacentre, just sign the disclaimer and privacy part at the bottom

Spider phobia treatment goes online - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

:wubclub:Susie

Guest guest36762
We had a funnel web in the house last week. It didn't even phase me lol just whacked it in a bowl and tossed it over the fence lol

blimey, Steve Irwin reincarnate!

watch out for stingrays though

Archived