when do you get medicals done?

gareth and lisa

Hi, can anybody advise me when you get your medicals done? We want to try to time things so we dont have to validate the visa (just move) as iv heard that this has to be done 12months post medicals is this correct?. If so can you delay your medicals or do they stipulate that you need to get them done at a certain time??

I know we will get referred. :wacko:

Hope iv made sense.

Lisa

planning a 176 skilled sponsored visa (i think)

Guest Alucard
Hi, can anybody advise me when you get your medicals done? We want to try to time things so we dont have to validate the visa (just move) as iv heard that this has to be done 12months post medicals is this correct?. If so can you delay your medicals or do they stipulate that you need to get them done at a certain time??

Hope iv made sense.

Lisa

What was the last entry date stipulated in the grant letter?

Guest Rachel Emma

Your case officer contacts you via an email and tells you when to have your medicals/police checks done, also although there were two panel doctors situated where I live, I was told to use one from a list they included with all the information they sent. luckily it was one of the two which i already knew about. As for *planning a 176 skilled sponsored visa* Id say go for it!!! Goodluck!!!!

Rachel

Hope iv made sense.

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

We did our 176 visa without an agent. We waited for our case officer who requested them. I had previously contacted the panel doctors to get price etc, so once we were asked for them we could book them straight away.

We had the medicals done on a Wednesday which were sent by email at the Drs, and received by the Friday in OZ.

It is better to get them done when requested as once the visa is granted you have around 12 mths from the date of your medicals to validate the visa.

Good luck

Sharon

Guest claire o

Hiya

We got our visa grantd last week...yipeee!! On a 175 Skilled but they will tell you when to get medicals done as it has to be at a certain point in the process. The 12 month 1st entry rule is also dated from the date that your CRB check comes back as cleared - hence altho we only got visa last week we have to enter Oz by 31st March next year to validate it. Hope that makes sense and good luck!!

Hiya

We got our visa grantd last week...yipeee!! On a 175 Skilled but they will tell you when to get medicals done as it has to be at a certain point in the process. The 12 month 1st entry rule is also dated from the date that your CRB check comes back as cleared - hence altho we only got visa last week we have to enter Oz by 31st March next year to validate it. Hope that makes sense and good luck!!

Thanks Claire, yes makes sense. Good luck with your travels and new life. :rolleyes:

Guest VickyMel

Yes, I think it is the case with all visas. (ie: the meds & PCCs last 1 year and you are likely to have to validate within that time period)

To have the longest time available to validate it is probably best to wait until the CO asks you to get them - at that time they are actively working on your application.

The date by which you have to first enter Oz is generally determined by the date of the earliest Medical or PCC.

Some people front-load Meds and PCCs because this means there is no wait between the CO asking you and them potentially granting the visa. The positive it is a bit faster - the negative is you may have a small amount of time to validate your visa - or worse still it may expire (if older than 1 year and you do not have a CO yet).

Some people still have a fair wait after being asked to get Meds & PCCs esp if you are from a country that has potentially long external checks (not UK - however I am also not sure if maybe your CO might wait for those to happen before asking for meds??).

With the 176's potentially taking a while - although I see you are a nurse so maybe lnot too long for you? It is proabbly best to wait until contacted by your CO - or at least monitor what is happening with other people with similar applications to your own to see how quickly they are being processed.

Good luck

VickyMel

We did our medicals in oct 2009 and have been given a must enter oz date before may 2011

Sounds like you were a Cat 5 visa applicant that went on hold for a while after the changes to priority processing. Thus the validation period was extended, but normally people would not have 18 months since date of medicals.

Minor point, I read yesterday in the small print of immigration website that police checks are valid until you have lived a further 12 months in the country they were issued. So it's just your medical and local police check that you need to wait to organise if you're worried about entry dates, police checks from other countries you've previously lived in for more than a year can be sorted out whenever as they won't expire.

For example, I've sent off for police checks from Australia, UK, and Switzerland. I'm currently living in australia, so if my visa application goes past July next year, I would need to get a new Australian police check, but the UK and Swiss ones would still be valid.

RockDr

• 2 months later...
Guest Shane&Lynn

Hi Rachel. which drs ru aware of to have ur medical wiyh as we are in manchester and we have only been informed of 1,

regards shane and lynn

Hi, it seems that our 457 is looking promising for my hubby, they want him to start 1st December as long as the visa is in place.

There is myself, hubby & our 5 year old daughter. Will we all need to get medicals and chest X-ray? Would anyone recommend that we do them as soon as possible so that we have them to hand? Also it may be that myself and our little girl will have to stay behind whilst we sell our house, will this impact the visa and the medicals does anyone know?

Sorry for all the questions! :o(

Thanks in advance.

Dawn

if you know the avarage time of the visa completion, you may send it close to the predicted date of the pre-grant ..

medical checks are valid up to 6 months or something.

Guest Rachel Emma
Hi Rachel. which drs ru aware of to have ur medical wiyh as we are in manchester and we have only been informed of 1,

regards shane and lynn

The panel doctor in Manchester is lovely, we had our complete medicals done in one go, including xrays, and he was happy to answer all our questions.

I would stick with the recommended doctor other than ones you may find via google.

Other panel doctors in manchester are based in Salford, I think from what I can remember, xrays were located in another building though, which put me of slightly.

It looks like PEACH has given you the link for the panel doctors Id stick with this list:D

Rachel

• 1 month later...

I have sent off my nursing registration application to AHPRA awaiting to hear if accepted.

In the meantime I have contacted hospital informing them of the update.

When do I go for medical?

I am going on a 457 visa, I don't have nomination number from the hospital until registration approved from AHPRA.

I have contacted a local centre for validation for medical unable to advise me as to when should go for medical.

Do I go after I have visa approved or registration approved.

Being a little thick trying to get round all these abbreviations you use DIAC? and case officer for what?

PLease advise wanting to go to next step now ASAP!!!!!!

:confused:

Guest Shane&Lynn
I have sent off my nursing registration application to AHPRA awaiting to hear if accepted.

In the meantime I have contacted hospital informing them of the update.

When do I go for medical?

I am going on a 457 visa, I don't have nomination number from the hospital until registration approved from AHPRA.

I have contacted a local centre for validation for medical unable to advise me as to when should go for medical.

Do I go after I have visa approved or registration approved.

Being a little thick trying to get round all these abbreviations you use DIAC? and case officer for what?

PLease advise wanting to go to next step now ASAP!!!!!!

:confused:

Hi Sammy, I understand your frustration.

Lynn has just got an email yesterday stating that she is eligible for registration from Ahpra. the hospital are supposed to be sending out anjob offer letter and the nomination number any day now. We've sold the house and living in another smaller 2 bed house that we have rented out for a few years so at least we don't have to pay rent. But still very frustrating at how slowly everything has moved. We originally applied to the QNC in May for registration, then got caught up in the whole Ahpra mess. :arghh:

Since the hospital has told us the nomination number is imminent, we have gone ahead and had our medicals done last Wednesday so we can front load the 457 application. ( have also filled out the forms and had our queensland criminal history check done which was arranged by the hospital and is a requirement for any queensland health job. Another thing we were unaware off and held everything up by another week - queery your hospital and see if you can get this done while you're waiting.)

Hope this hasn't caused more confusion - I do tend to waffle on:biglaugh:

Shane

Archived