How many cat 6 applied in 2008

mchugh1980

Guest marchingsaint

Hello,

We lodged our 176 visa application on 31st Oct 2008, I think as a Head Gardener that I'm Cat 6. I was then offered a job in Dec 2008, my employer applied for a 457 visa which runs out in July 2013. We arrived in Australia in September 2009. However, life with this employer is a complete nightmare and it is difficult to find another employer sponsor in my line of work. I'm praying for some movement on the 176 as the stress is really getting to me. We desperately want to stay in Australia, my partner at least is enjoying his work and I'm just trying to hang on in the hope that things get better, I'm not in the habit of quitting but this is now affecting my health. Any ideas anyone? Good luck to all

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All

Just been reading a post in the 'Gillard rejects Big Australia' thread. I'm getting scared now, by what she seems to be saying already aus has quite enough people thank you very much.

Hope not :sad:

Mrs Murky

Guest jakeandshelley

Hi,

we submitted our 175 application in nov 2008, I am a primary teacher and main applicant. My OH is a joiner and we have two boys (4 and 2). Riding a rollercoaster, the longer it takes the less likely it seems we will ever get there!!

Shelley Scott.

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing yet for Category 6. I am patiently waiting here, applied in April 2008 Accountant non-CSl due to IELTS not able to score 7 for all. Noted that somebody had posted list of WA occupations, and Accountant is at top priority. But I am pretty sure that it requires proficient English as well. I am just afraid that I would be next to be ceased. Sat a few times for IELTS, sometimes achieved 7 and sometimes don't. Can somebody tell me what I should do now? :sad:

Guest nitsy
Hi Everyone

has nobody from 2008 got any good news yet? 1st july been and gone got all excited for nothing it seems

murky

Dear Murky,

All these dates are like milestones for us!! people remember their milestones whereas we would like to forget them...these are just dates with nothing in them for us!! our only hope now is for our occupations to be in the SMP(which is very unlikely as each state might have a even smaller list now again these need to be approved by the minister). These are due to be released sometime by August & dont be surprised if it gets extended for another month.. just wondering what the DIAC guys would have been doing so far when the visa processing were in suspended status.. would be earning their pay for doing nothing!!

Sorry wasnt an answer you would have expected but thats what i feel. Maybe Jullia Gillard might one day feel that she might lose out on the votes of families whose near and dear ones have applied and stuck indefnitely & hopefully say let the family sponsored guys in!!!

Hoping for the best anyways as always!!

regards,

nitsy

Guest stillwaiting79

i got a shock to my own system when opened the online status on the wsbite. Said "being processed further" on 11 June 2010!

anyone has any changes to their status?

when i called DIMIA they said that nothing to hope about as possibly someone just opened my file to add docs.

Its still saying being processed further.

Anyone with similiar mention?

i got a shock to my own system when opened the online status on the wsbite. Said "being processed further" on 11 June 2010!

when i called DIMIA they said that nothing to hope about as possibly someone just opened my file to add docs.

Mine has said that since November of last year so I wouldn't hold your breath.

Guest stillwaiting79

haha thats what i thought too

well better than everything still saying 03 october 2008....

alot of 175 visas gettin approved now though and well i hope cat 6 comes into play soon

Guys,

Well, I do not know how the DIAC system operates. As they have started ceasing the Pre - September 2007 applications, no one anywhere has mentioned the fate of Skilled - Designated - Area Sponsored (Provisional) (Class 496). I am trying to search anything written about this class. I am standing on Priority number 6(ii) on priority processing list. I do not know what is the fate of this class.This month it will be 3 years to my application in system.And as the mood of the minister is, there is no surprise that tomorrow minister will say that the cap of this class is reached and all the 496 applicants will be returned money. Why not he is talking about this class right now. Well that is why people can not believe this system. DIAC is always very unpredictable. What is the point behind holding the category 6 and 7 applicants?

Hi stillwaiting

I posted last month i think saying that i looked on the website one morning and clicked on the bottom of the page where it says view status or something and found that the 'no current visa' had disappeared i thought we had the visa on the way but next morning it was put back on. Everyone said that they must have been looking through it. Nothing since.:sad:

murky

Guest stillwaiting79

Hi Murky.....all these "shocks" to the system is a bit crazy isnt it ;P

hoping for some/any movements within the Cat 6 applicants...soonish....fingers crossed.

SW

Archived