Favourite rubbish Aussie names for things-give us yer best shot MATE!

Guest guest36762

Guest guest36762
Well Bundy tastes better than any other dark rum I have tasted including that abomination called Captain Morgan.which of course is made by the same company,probably the only thing wrong with Bundy is that it's not Australian owned anymore,being owned,as it is by Diageo which I think also owns Guinness.

Has the venerable Nige been brainwashing you?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest chris955

Why is it wrong that it's owned by the British ?

Well Bundy tastes better than any other dark rum I have tasted including that abomination called Captain Morgan.which of course is made by the same company,probably the only thing wrong with Bundy is that it's not Australian owned anymore,being owned,as it is by Diageo which I think also owns Guinness.

• 2 weeks later...

I got told off for mispronouncing Elgin St. Apparently it is El Gin St. To which i replied well you better tell that to the people who live in the town of Elgin in Scotland.

The most stupid aussie name I've found is Lube Mobile. I'm tempted to phone them and ask them to send someone round with a tube of KY!!

Guest guest36762
I got told off for mispronouncing Elgin St. Apparently it is El Gin St. To which i replied well you better tell that to the people who live in the town of Elgin in Scotland.

The most stupid aussie name I've found is Lube Mobile. I'm tempted to phone them and ask them to send someone round with a tube of KY!!

Be careful what you ask for, you might get your lube personally delivered AND installed by a big brute called Lachlan, or Braydon. :biglaugh:

Australians do have a tendancy to mispronounce things. I presume its a result of being cut off.

'Wimbleton' is a tennis tournament in London,

Peugot is 'PEWJO',

mercedes is 'MERSEEDEES',

so I'd guess that Porsche would 'PORCH'

My own in-laws all say 'supposably' and my FIL loves the term 'irregardless', and eats 'PISA'.

A local favourite round here is 'Arksk' for 'ask'..its actually near impossible to pronounce.

thanks for reviving the thread BTW

Be careful what you ask for, you might get your lube personally delivered AND installed by a big brute called Lachlan, or Braydon. :biglaugh:

Australians do have a tendancy to mispronounce things. I presume its a result of being cut off.

Peugot is 'PEWJO',

My own in-laws all say 'supposably' and my FIL loves the term 'irregardless', and eats 'PISA'.

A local favourite round here is 'Arksk' for 'ask'..its actually near impossible to pronounce.

They cannot say our own the r turns into a w and becomes ouwown.

And why oh why is everything "awesome" when it clearly isn't-I rang the school to ive them our phone number and was nearly deafened by the excited obligatory "awesome" screech from the secretary-how do they do that?! I'm surprised they don't do themselves a serious injury.

God knows how they would react is something "awsome" really did happen....:biglaugh:

I heard a rumer that aussies have a "whine gland" just behind the adenoid that causes the high pitched nasal whining sound you hear when they speak :wink:

Its just what i heard, It may not be true:eek:

all rum is distilled white and is coloured with caramel:biggrin:

Guest guest36762
They cannot say our own the r turns into a w and becomes ouwown.

And why oh why is everything "awesome" when it clearly isn't-I rang the school to ive them our phone number and was nearly deafened by the excited obligatory "awesome" screech from the secretary-how do they do that?! I'm surprised they don't do themselves a serious injury.

God knows how they would react is something "awsome" really did happen....:biglaugh:

Connie I find this post extremely unfair and unbalanced:biglaugh:

Guest herts1

if this is a repeat then excuse me but i ws laughing too much to read all the pages

the removalists and the mentalist where the first ones for me - quickly followed by the arvo, rego anything 'o, then finally the hysterical laughter re routing and routers ( say it to aus folks like root - and they laugh at you -say it like rowt to uk folks and they think you are trying to be an american..

Guest itskaren
Everything is "o" Bottlo, Servo, Posto, Arvo, Fisho, Rego, and another thing I find amusing is when something is quoted As "blank" As! Like As safe as! :wacko:

I was looking at flannette shirts for my kids. Some teenagers were also looking and said 'I've got a nice flannie at home' I am assumming they are talking about the shirts ..:err:

Guest Jo and Dave

Peugot is 'PEWJO',

Got my IELT's coming up..... I'll remember these, cheers :biglaugh:

Great thread by the way :biggrin:

Diageo also owns 27 different brands of whisk(e)y includin johnny walker, talisker, lagavulin, bushmills and the daddy of them all Bells!

6 Rums, quote from page

"Bundaberg Rum is a light, golden rum that is richly flavoured for a unique taste of Australia!"

Baileys, archers, jose cuervo, smirnoff,, 9 beers, wines and 2 champagnes!

difficult to get away from them!

from a much earlier post, isnt an "Esky" shortened from "eskimo box"?

Guest proud2beaussie
Diageo also owns 27 different brands of whisk(e)y includin johnny walker, talisker, lagavulin, bushmills and the daddy of them all Bells!

6 Rums, quote from page

"Bundaberg Rum is a light, golden rum that is richly flavoured for a unique taste of Australia!"

Baileys, archers, jose cuervo, smirnoff,, 9 beers, wines and 2 champagnes!

difficult to get away from them!

from a much earlier post, isnt an "Esky" shortened from "eskimo box"?

Some people like Bundy,others don't personally I do,so does Jo_uktooz (my GF),

I'm not sure about the origins of "Esky" all I know is that it's a registered brand name that is now used as a generic term for all cooler boxes even if they aren't necessarily made by the "Esky" company,Nylex who have sadly gone into liquidation after many decades in Australia.

Some people like Bundy,others don't personally I do,so does Jo_uktooz (my GF),

I'm not sure about the origins of "Esky" all I know is that it's a registered brand name that is now used as a generic term for all cooler boxes even if they aren't necessarily made by the "Esky" company,Nylex who have sadly gone into liquidation after many decades in Australia.

Never tried Bundy so i cant comment!

interesting how an Esky company can go out of buisness in Australia?? thats like a water company going bust here in the uk surely!?

• 2 years later...
Guest Guest 47403
Oldie but a goody..... The thread that is not a rubbish Ozzie saying.

Resurrecting 3 yr old anti oz threads connie? Bit sad that that been on the vino?

Archived