• Canberra
    • Melbourne
    • Adelaide
    • Perth
    • Darwin
    • Alice Springs/Interior
    • Cairns
    • Brisbane

I don't know if this has been done before, or if anyone is interested but I was wondering which is the city/state most people returned from. Reasons aren't necessry but you can put them if you fancy it.

Guest Perth Princess

Great idea. I can't join in cos I'm a bit stuck, but I would like to return from Perth.

Guest Perth Princess
Does Brisbane no longer exist then?. Have I missed a nuclear attack or summat?

Maybe it's so good nobody ever returns from there:biglaugh:

OH BUGGER. Can't believe I missed Brisbane - doh (sorry Ozsceptic). Anyone know if you can amend a poll?

Hang in there Perth Princess!

I've got the whole teenager thing to come Rammygirl - can't wait!

Jim, that does not sound a good swap to me, though I'll have to take your word for having never been to either.

Guest SophieKin
Adelaide- 2 weeks to go as we have brought it forward a week:biggrin:

Lucky you - good luck with the move back

Guest Guest37175
On no Ozsceptic do you think that it's all a figment of our imagination and we're really trapped in a parallel universe. It sure feels like it sometimes lol

Hang on in there x

Toowoomba Qld

Just like Sam Tyler!

Guest Guest37175
I know- don't go throwing yourself off a building at the end though will you.

Have you booked yet?

August 31st. Just ahead of our two year anniversary of beginning our Life On Mar.....sorry, life in Oz!.

Worried sick about how it's gonna pan out. Will there be jobs, will my partner make the adjustment, will my daughter cope with the upheaval?. All those what-ifs.

Got a shock the other day when I saw a photo of me pre-Oz from 2008. Looking relaxed, less haggard and actually wearing smart clothing. I swear I've aged 10 years in 2!

August 31st. Just ahead of our two year anniversary of beginning our Life On Mar.....sorry, life in Oz!.

Worried sick about how it's gonna pan out. Will there be jobs, will my partner make the adjustment, will my daughter cope with the upheaval?. All those what-ifs.

Got a shock the other day when I saw a photo of me pre-Oz from 2008. Looking relaxed, less haggard and actually wearing smart clothing. I swear I've aged 10 years in 2!

We return 26th August after only being here since Jan- we too are worried abut starting again but we know nothing can be as bad as we are feeling.

I really hope your partner settles in (your daughter will if you both are happy)- if your partner is happier in the UK than you are in Oz then surely that's the answer. What line of work are you in and what area are you returning to- I wish you so much luck x

We return from Sunshine Coast - paradise lost I suspect. Sad to leave in many ways as it truly is the most beautiful place to live - just a shame there's nothing going on. Will hold it in my heart for what it is - a beautiful place for a holiday or retirement.

Guest Guest37175
We return 26th August after only being here since Jan- we too are worried abut starting again but we know nothing can be as bad as we are feeling.

I really hope your partner settles in (your daughter will if you both are happy)- if your partner is happier in the UK than you are in Oz then surely that's the answer. What line of work are you in and what area are you returning to- I wish you so much luck x

I'd love to head back to Greater London - not everyone's cup of tea I know, but it worked for me. Unfortunately my OH is dead against it - she's been there and done that now. She'd like Bristol but the trick is getting jobs. Easy for me as I'm a Social Worker, but she's a Psychologist who's qualifications aren't recognised in the UK (just as mine weren't in Oz) so it might take time and struggling on one salary for a bit.

Guest Kiraloo

Good good, that's me,too!!! I do not like what I see when I look in the mirror and it doesn't help when people constantly comment on how tired I look:unsure:.

BUT...I'm finally leaving Perth for good after being here for 2 years.

It must have been circumstantial depression, can't explain the feeling of relief and happiness after the 2 most difficult years I've experienced in my life.

Got my ticket, I'm going home:jiggy:.

I'd love to head back to Greater London - not everyone's cup of tea I know, but it worked for me. Unfortunately my OH is dead against it - she's been there and done that now. She'd like Bristol but the trick is getting jobs. Easy for me as I'm a Social Worker, but she's a Psychologist who's qualifications aren't recognised in the UK (just as mine weren't in Oz) so it might take time and struggling on one salary for a bit.

Ah the psych stuff is tricky - you almost need a PhD to do anything in the field these days apparently. I am guessing she has checked out the BPS. I know that my qualifications wouldnt be accepted in UK even though I am a grad member of BPS and registered here. I hope she can work out a way to continue in the field!

Archived