HIP pack abolished

Proview220

Guest Mark1986

What with the HIP being scrapped it looks like the EPC will be the next big thing.

How long do you think it will be before the EPC cost rises?

Guest TheHollies
About time too! Altho we were quite lucky when we paid for our HIPS, they got the decimal point in the wrong place so we were charged £3.90!! And yes we did the right thing...................we kept quiet!! happy days

Ian

:biglaugh: nice 1!

Blerdy typical we have paid for 2 on the same house within 2 .5 years grrrrrr , even though we had one done when we tried to sell last time it was out of date.. Ahh well .

Well impressed elliot family ! Lol good for you , it was a snooping money maker !

Blerdy typical we have paid for 2 on the same house within 2 .5 years grrrrrr , even though we had one done when we tried to sell last time it was out of date.. Ahh well .

Well impressed elliot family ! Lol good for you , it was a snooping money maker !

Yes ,but i remember my mate buying a house before all the crap , after a month kids were ill , wife ill , lucky they had a smart doc , gas heating boiler been serviced once in 10 years carbon monoxide poisoning , cant happen with checks

well they didn't ask us for the checks done by corgi or the certs, mally we did have them done allways have ( we also had to by law for renting the house and the electrics )i thought that was down to the home owner to get checks done ? , just wanted to know what make etc ... how big the extentions were and how many light bulbs were energy efficiant, double glazing, home isulations etc.

well they didn't ask us for the checks done by corgi or the certs, mally we did have them done allways have ( we also had to by law for renting the house and the electrics )i thought that was down to the home owner to get checks done ? , just wanted to know what make etc ... how big the extentions were and how many light bulbs were energy efficiant, double glazing, home isulations etc.

We were the same Sharon...they never asked for any of the reports, though our boiler was less than a year old. She asked if we had any spare energy bulbs I replied yes and she told me to put them where we didn;t have them and the report would be better!! Also I was never asked for the copy of our report when we sold the house. It is still sitting in my inbox unread!!!!

Just a money making scheme.

The introduction of the **** was to smooth sales ,ie you got yer house right ,so there was no this boilr is not right drop the price by blah balh obviously the proponents have taken ther teeth out

my personnal belief was it was a money making scam and for the local councils to suss out how to charge extra rates ... when they have the sqaure ft of two house's one with extentions etc they could up the bands eventualy on the one with the extras ! total codswallop! ( i do belive corgi checks should be law though)

Archived