Home - without the romance

bunbury61

I have been back in the UK ,16 years now .

I currently travel all over England and Wales .......good and bad .

If somewhere is a ****hole ,i call it as it is .

Iam right this minute overlooking the ocean in Devon .....its easter ,its cold ,its grey .

What would i be doing if i was in W.A ? .......would it be better ? The weather would be ....the surfing would be ......would i swap places ?

I VERY MUCH DOUBT IT ....

Guest guest17301

Not sure what your point is? I've been to the beach today, cloudy and mild, still managed to catch the sun though, spent a pleasant afternoon watching the world go by...I doubt very much that my bank holiday Monday in England would have held the same appeal...

Guest Count Zero
Not sure what your point is? I've been to the beach today, cloudy and mild, still managed to catch the sun though, spent a pleasant afternoon watching the world go by...I doubt very much that my bank holiday Monday in England would have held the same appeal...

I spent the day with the kids making model rafts at the foot of Crummock lake and sailing them down the river. No sunburn, crocs, stingers or snakes. I would have liked to have come home to a BBQ though.

Guest TheArmChairDetective

Iam right this minute overlooking the ocean in Devon .....its easter ,its cold ,its grey .

What would i be doing if i was in W.A ? .......would it be better ? The weather would be ....the surfing would be ......would i swap places ?

I'm not surewhat youre pointis either, the UK has changed a lot in 16 years as has the rest of the world.

Would I swop the UK for Oz if I could, yep at the drop of a hat without a second thought.

Would I swop the UK for Oz if I could, yep at the drop of a hat without a second thought. _

me too, bank hol so far has been cold, wet & grey. give me a nice stroll along the beach and then home for a bbq downunder any day!

Hi Bunny

I know you and I are pretty much opposite in what we see and feel for each country and thats great.

Last weekend we went for a drive down to Lands End for a Cornish pasty (800 miles in one day :wacko:) and I loved the sights, the old buildings in the fields, fruit and veg sellers on the side of the road, picturesque sea side villages, lovely country pubs that were being used etc, etc, etc

Then this weekend off to Chester, once again the old buildings nothing more can be said other than magical. However it is a shame that the likes of M&S etc are in the town centre, I think boutique shops would be better, but hey thats only a minor fault.

But all of the beauty the UK can muster up would not be enough to keep me here.

Now I could look at it another way, we left at 2 am on a Saturday morning most of the M6 even at that time was full of roadworks (even sunday morning on our return) parts of the M6 was closed! everything down south seemed more expensive.

Going to Chester, before we left we had to clean the front yard of all of the rubish from the night before, we had to make sure everywhere was locked and everything in the backyard locked in the shed! Then out to the car noticed some new scratches on the car, Chester was packed we couldn't move as are most places of interest! Missed the rain more luck than good management. Again look at the time of year and look at the weather!!!!

Because I've had 2 nice weekends I'll class my 1st 2 posts as what I would like to share with everyone, not the 2 negative ones (btw all are true)

My point is people will see what they want to see, and nothing you say or do can change it :hug:

Keep up the good work

Geoffrey

Guest LukeSkywalker

>Last weekend we went for a drive down to Lands End for a Cornish pasty (800 miles in >one day :wacko:)

My God. You are either certifiable as bonkers or just love driving. My respectometer has gone into overdrive for that one. After 40 miles on the M1 I want to pull over and shoot myself.

>Last weekend we went for a drive down to Lands End for a Cornish pasty (800 miles in >one day :wacko:)

My God. You are either certifiable as bonkers or just love driving. My respectometer has gone into overdrive for that one. After 40 miles on the M1 I want to pull over and shoot myself.

I enjoy driving, Tracy enjoys sleeping so it's a marriage made in heaven, the kids had the tv working so it was was alright. Once your bum goes numb your fine

Geoff mate, you are more mad than us, we have driven to Portmerion in Wales for the day and back, was quite a few hours in the car that day, OH drives and I sleep too or read but that makes me feel sick, lol, so mainly watch the scenery.

just googled it and it is a return journey of 288 miles + we went somewhere else too but can't remember where now. this took 7 hours ish, you must have been in the car a b---dy long time.

Geoff mate, you are more mad than us, we have driven to Portmerion in Wales for the day and back, was quite a few hours in the car that day, OH drives and I sleep too or read but that makes me feel sick, lol, so mainly watch the scenery.

just googled it and it is a return journey of 288 miles + we went somewhere else too but can't remember where now. this took 7 hours ish, you must have been in the car a b---dy long time.

800.7 miles in around 24 hours, I wanted to carry on to John o Groats, but Tracy said enough was enough LOL so that will be done in a few weeks time....

Another long trip we did was we went to Scotland for the day and as we were approching, Tracy said "I would like to see what Balamory (Tobermory) looks like", so off we went, silly me didn't realise it was an Island and needed a ferry to get out there!!! Anyway when we got to the ferry we could only get a oneway trip for the day as all return journeys were booked up so we got suck in Tobermory over night (well I wasn't going to turn around) that was quite fun having to buy toothpaste etc and finding overnight lodgings all at the last minute!

I've driven from Manchester to Paris in a day (via Dover) and we will travel to Scotland a fair bit all in a day. :yes:

It must be an Aussie thing! My husband (an Aussie) is exactly the same, travels vast distances for a day trip. I say "That's too far!" ..."Nahh I don't mind the drive!" is the reply. Says he enjoys the country , twisty roads best after years of driving huge distances in Aus on dead straight boring roads.:eek:

Guest chris955

Well I guess the point is no different than when someone posts how great things are for them here and that they wouldn't go back to the UK for anything. It is different peoples perspectives.

Guest LukeSkywalker
800.7 miles in around 24 hours, I wanted to carry on to John o Groats, but Tracy said enough was enough LOL so that will be done in a few weeks time....

Another long trip we did was we went to Scotland for the day and as we were approching, Tracy said "I would like to see what Balamory (Tobermory) looks like", so off we went, silly me didn't realise it was an Island and needed a ferry to get out there!!! Anyway when we got to the ferry we could only get a oneway trip for the day as all return journeys were booked up so we got suck in Tobermory over night (well I wasn't going to turn around) that was quite fun having to buy toothpaste etc and finding overnight lodgings all at the last minute!

I've driven from Manchester to Paris in a day (via Dover) and we will travel to Scotland a fair bit all in a day. :yes:

Bloody hell - your carbon footprint is the size of a small country. Maybe LUXEMBOURG!! I'm buying shares in BP tomorrow.

Great......Next!

Guest guest17301
Well I guess the point is no different than when someone posts how great things are for them here and that they wouldn't go back to the UK for anything. It is different peoples perspectives.

You read my post wrong. I meant I wasn't sure what the OP was getting at...liked Oz more or UK...it was a confusing statement to me that's all. Don't jump down my throat....:mad: I do actually know about the importance of differing perspectives:wacko:

Guest chris955

Sorry, I wasn't jumping down your throat at all :confused:

The post seemed quite clear to me though, the last 2 lines seem to be a giveaway, actually yes I see what you mean but the thread is in returning to UK:wink:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kazzie8

hahahah so funny all these posts ...thats what great about the british ... your great sense of humour .. keep posting xx

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kazzie8

ive been returning hoping for some laffs in here what happened ?? lol have you lost your sense oF hu:tongue:mour god i hope thats how you spell it ... i wish for more laffs so pls keep it up xx mia

Archived