Health checks non migrating children?

JulieFreo

Preparing a 300 for my partner to come to Oz. He has two teenagers well established in another family unit, and they won't be migrating. In regards to the health requirements, the way it's worded, it seems like they are saying the children would need health checks EVEN if they are NOT migrating, which seems rather weird. Also, since government agencies aren't involved in his custody arrangements, would it be savvy to get a stat dec from his ex-wife stating the long-standing and successful agreement they have concerning the children? Thanks.

From what I understand, the children do need health checks even if they are not going, because if their dad is moving, they could in the future want to migrate themselves. I have read in the past on pio that one couple had a visa refused because of medical problems with a child who was not even migrating.

Hi Julie

No need for Chest X-rays for non-migrating children but DIAC will expect them to undertake medical OR convince DIAC why they should not insist on these children doing the medical. If it is the case, confirmation from the custodial parent that children have no intention of migrating and therefore she does not consent to them undertaking pointless invasive tests, should be enough to convince DIAC not to insist on the medicals.

Regards

Tony Coates

A dependent child needs to do medical whether migrating or not. Dependent children are all children aged under 18 and any children aged 18 and over who are, and have been for a substantial period, financially dependent on you. So if your 21 year old son has little or no income and you have been paying for his shelter, clothing and food for at least the last 3 years, then he is a dependent child - would normally be in full-time study if this was the case but not necessarily.

Regards

Tony Coates

Could someone please let me know if it is only dependent children..ie: children under 18 that need medicals. My son is twenty one but not emigrating with us.

Will he still need a medical????????

Thanks

Tina and Scott

Hi Tina and Scott

Don't quote me, but I believe its dependants under 18 who would need a medical. I'm sure someone will come along and correct if I'm wrong. You could do a search on the DIAC website to check it out maybe.

Carlos

A dependent child needs to do medical whether migrating or not. Dependent children are all children aged under 18 and any children aged 18 and over who are, and have been for a substantial period, financially dependent on you. So if your 21 year old son has little or no income and you have been paying for his shelter, clothing and food for at least the last 3 years, then he is a dependent child - would normally be in full-time study if this was the case but not necessarily.

Regards

Tony Coates

Thanks Tony,

He has a full time job, and his own income, so i guess that means hes not dependent on me.... hehe. thats a laugh!!

He still expects me to do his washing ironing and his dinner though...lol.

Thanks for answering my question.

Tina

Archived