IELTS this week

hellsbells712

Guest Orniak

Good luck to all you! I managed to pass the IELTS with an 8!... For the Reading part... focus on the Ws (What, Where, Why,When...) and sometimes if you are running out of time you can give a try on reading the first and last senteces of the paragraphs... usually it will give you an idea of the whole thing!!

As I said Good luck to all of you... and try to keep your nerves out of the test room!!

Greetings!

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Orniak

Hi Joireland! Academic... I needed for the QNC registration which I have now... At present, waiting for my employer to come back to me with the TRN to apply for the 457 visa...

Long road! But hopefully with a sunny end!!

Guest Taylor72

Hi im a nurse from the uk and passed the ielts on my second attempt. An examiner gave me a tip after i had taken the exam the first time. He told me not to bother reading the text as there was not enough time, but to read the question and go and search for the answer. I practised this technique every night and passed the ielts 2nd time round (thank god !!). There are lots of stuff on the net which is good to use. I wish you all the best and fingers crossed x

Guest paulaimpett

Hi, good luck with the IELTS. Just remember to pay attention during the listening!! I started to drift during the listening. Also remember to think logically the test is not as bad as everyone thinks!! Stupid that we have to take it but I am also fed up of not being able to understand Dr's/nurses who can't write, speak or translate English!!

Thankfully I managed to pass this test with a 9. Good luck to all that take this test.

Paula.

Guest Taylor72

Hi Lisa

The ielts is a bit if a pain especially when your native English and still fail, i felt proper embaressed when i first failed it !! I passed 2nd time round so keep ur chin up hun and practice loads,cos you will be better prepared next time round. Fingers crossed xx Which visa are you going on ?

Hi Lisa

The ielts is a bit if a pain especially when your native English and still fail, i felt proper embaressed when i first failed it !! I passed 2nd time round so keep ur chin up hun and practice loads,cos you will be better prepared next time round. Fingers crossed xx Which visa are you going on ?

Hiya Taylor, your right about the embarrassment, iv got an O'level in English and now failed 3 times!! Were hoping for a sponsored skilled visa but with all the changes you never know what you will have to go for next, i think at some point nursing in Australia will meet saturation point and they will only be after specific jobs such as ITU.

Guest Taylor72

Hi Lisa

Im sure your right about australia reaching saturation point soon, so we need to get in quick !! Im sure you will pass the ielts this time round. Just keep focused on the listening as its easy to loose concentration and get lost . The reading was the one i found difficult, but an examiner told be not to bother reading the text as its impossible to do, but look at the questions and go search for the answers, I practiced this technique every night and it paid off . So its worth a try x

Just keep positive and it will happen x Im was hoping to go on a 175 visa but dont know how we stand now the MODL has been taken away, so might have to look at the 176 visa. Ive only just started the visa process and nearly there with my QNC registration as iam going through the modified assessment route. Its a bit of a nightmare and feel like im just fumbling my way through . And have a few wobbly moments when i think can we really do this, but then on other days im ok, but i suppose thats normal.

Good luck with the ielts x Annette x

Hi Lisa

Im sure your right about australia reaching saturation point soon, so we need to get in quick !! Im sure you will pass the ielts this time round. Just keep focused on the listening as its easy to loose concentration and get lost . The reading was the one i found difficult, but an examiner told be not to bother reading the text as its impossible to do, but look at the questions and go search for the answers, I practiced this technique every night and it paid off . So its worth a try x

Just keep positive and it will happen x Im was hoping to go on a 175 visa but dont know how we stand now the MODL has been taken away, so might have to look at the 176 visa. Ive only just started the visa process and nearly there with my QNC registration as iam going through the modified assessment route. Its a bit of a nightmare and feel like im just fumbling my way through . And have a few wobbly moments when i think can we really do this, but then on other days im ok, but i suppose thats normal.

Good luck with the ielts x Annette x

Hi Annette,

True about the reading section. The tips I read about was to read each question, read just the 1st line of each paragraph as this generally gives you the gist of what the paragraph is about and then like you said just scan the rest for your answers.

Worked for me, even had time at the end to check my answers. Unfortunately I spent all my practice time practising the reading section, hence only 6.5 in the writing section. Got the result in the reading mind, so that was good and that's what I dreaded most.

Resiting on 15th so fingers crosed next time. A bit like the driving test..... All good drivers pass second time... HeHeHe!!!!!

Good luck with your visa. x Helen

Guest Taylor72
Hi Annette,

True about the reading section. The tips I read about was to read each question, read just the 1st line of each paragraph as this generally gives you the gist of what the paragraph is about and then like you said just scan the rest for your answers.

Worked for me, even had time at the end to check my answers. Unfortunately I spent all my practice time practising the reading section, hence only 6.5 in the writing section. Got the result in the reading mind, so that was good and that's what I dreaded most.

Resiting on 15th so fingers crosed next time. A bit like the driving test..... All good drivers pass second time... HeHeHe!!!!!

Good luck with your visa. x Helen

Hi Helen

I totally believe you will be ok this time . Where abouts are you hoping to move to ? We are looking around the outer Brisbane area, but where i get a job will really dictate that . I want to work in the community as a nurse hence why i want to go on an 175 or 176 visa. But not sure how i go about applying for state sponsorship ?? any ideas ??

Are you going through an agent for ur visa? i think im going it alone :wub:

Take care Annette x

Guest Hazeybabes

Hi all,

I'm fairly new on here and haven't really posted. However since I've taken the first step of booking my dreaded IELTS test on June 26th I thought I would come on and say hello. I'm a nurse applying for a 175 visa and just at the start of the skills assessment process.

Fingers crossed I'll pass first time! I need to get studying this message board and get practising. Good luck everyone who has their test coming up.

Hazel

Hi Ellie,

We also have PR visa (176) as didnt need the IELTS to get skills tested last year! We applied ourself, so once we got our visa granted I looked into registration then realised I had to sit the IELTS. We are hoping to head to Perth in October but everything is now on hold until I pass it so will have to wait a bit longer until we book our flights!

Good luck with your test - let us know how you get on

Sharon

Hi Sharon, So sorry to hear about your test.

I only booked my resit on Thursday for the 15th May. Now I have to travel to London from Leeds, as the next leeds ones are late June, more expense but there is spaces available in the london centres for May.

I just need to get it done now....

It always just seems to be that half point away, so unfair.

I cant really say anything else, because I know how you feel.

:hug: xxHelen

Thanks Helen,

I'm going to phone tomorrow to check next available date. I know what you mean about that blasted half point!! At least you only have a couple of weeks before you re-sit it, its madness though that you have to go to London for it!!

Good luck for the next one

Sharon x

Guest Taylor72
Hi all,

I'm fairly new on here and haven't really posted. However since I've taken the first step of booking my dreaded IELTS test on June 26th I thought I would come on and say hello. I'm a nurse applying for a 175 visa and just at the start of the skills assessment process.

Fingers crossed I'll pass first time! I need to get studying this message board and get practising. Good luck everyone who has their test coming up.

Hazel

Hi Hazel

Welcome to poms in oz :hug:

Im very new on here as well so still learning.

Im also a nurse and passed the ielts 2nd time, i put it down to being the nearer side of of 40 so im intellectually challenged lol :wub:. No seriously, practice hard as its a devil sent to test you !!!

Ive nearly got my registration so they tell me but will believe that when i see it :arghh:

Nxt is skill assessment and visa. Good luck with the ielts x Annette

Guest Pamela and Brian

Hey,

I have been given this website by my agent, so thought i would check it out. I am a nurse and like most of you i have failed the ielts exam. Sat the test 20th Feb and got L9 W8 S7 R6!! Done the exam again 24th April and i am waiting on the results. Have to say it's the most stressful thing i have had to wait for. I swear i am losing sleep over it!! I think it's just your luck on the day what you get.

Pamela.

Guest nevergiveup

Hi, Pamela,

it has just become a complete nightmare. I am on my 5th sit on sat. I cannot get passed a 6 on the reading, passing all the other elements.

I am going to write a letter to the uni about it. Where the hell am i going wrong!!! Five years as a staff nurse on a busy a/e dept and i cant get a seven on the reading.

Trust me, i am going to start a campaign....GET RID OF THE B.....DY IELTS TEST.

Guest Taylor72
Hi, Pamela,

it has just become a complete nightmare. I am on my 5th sit on sat. I cannot get passed a 6 on the reading, passing all the other elements.

I am going to write a letter to the uni about it. Where the hell am i going wrong!!! Five years as a staff nurse on a busy a/e dept and i cant get a seven on the reading.

Hi the ielts is an absolute nightmare i know, but dont give up you will do it. The key is to keep practising ur technique and try not to let the nerves get to you. When i first went for the exam it frightened the life out of me !!!! it was worse than my o levels back in the day lol. I failed the first time but managed the 2nd. To be honest first time i did not do that much work for it cos i thought it wouldnt be that bad. Hell was i wrong !!! its the most stressful thing ive ever done . Good luck for next time !!! fingers crossed for you x:biggrin: Annette

Guest gigiau

Hi, the IELTS is not difficult if you really apply your mind to it. Just please be relaxed before you go in as emotions get the better of you and its easy to lose control of the situation and let it control you. Its also easy to lose concentration or be distracted. We did ours, I passed scoring 8.5 and hubby with a uni degree failed on the reading section and had to resit. I was besides myself as time was against us in our application. Just relax and take control, listen, concentrate and its not difficult at all. Dont be afraid just be confident as you can do it!! Good Luck

Hi the ielts is an absolute nightmare i know, but dont give up you will do it. The key is to keep practising ur technique and try not to let the nerves get to you. When i first went for the exam it frightened the life out of me !!!! it was worse than my o levels back in the day lol. I failed the first time but managed the 2nd. To be honest first time i did not do that much work for it cos i thought it wouldnt be that bad. Hell was i wrong !!! its the most stressful thing ive ever done . Good luck for next time !!! fingers crossed for you x:biggrin: Annette

Guest Pamela and Brian
Hi, Pamela,

Yeah i would join that campaign. I have just finished my degree and found that to be a less stressful experience!! It is just such a lot of money to be spent on one test. Fingers crossed that the postman brings good news but i am not holding out much hope. Thanks for your post :)

Pamela.

Guest man2010
Hi, Pamela,

yeah, I too will join the pressure group to end the madness of IELTS. It doesn't really serve the purpose as intended. I can't bear the thought of spending more money and time travelling to sit the exam again! My knuckles are numb from waiting anxiously for the result this weekend!:arghh:

yeah, I too will join the pressure group to end the madness of IELTS. It doesn't really serve the purpose as intended. I can't bear the thought of spending more money and time travelling to sit the exam again! My knuckles are numb from waiting anxiously for the result this weekend!:arghh:

Good luck at the weekend. Hope the postman brings some good news.

I too will certainly join a campaign to get shut of this test................................Not doing my nerves any good!!!!!!!!

Guest man2010
Good luck at the weekend. Hope the postman brings some good news.

I too will certainly join a campaign to get shut of this test................................Not doing my nerves any good!!!!!!!!

thanx everyone and good luck!

Guest Pamela and Brian

Hey all,

Got my ielts results today and the postman brought good news :) L8, R8 (shocked) W7, S8. Good luck to everyone else waiting on results!

Pamela.

Archived