IELTS this week

hellsbells712

Just have to let everyone know i PASSED my IELTS academic test first time im so so HAPPY :biggrin:

Listening 9.0, Reading 8.5, Speaking 9.0 Writing 8.0 = Overall score of 8.5 !!!!!!

Advice for all new IELTS test takers - Do the official practice tests, they give you a great idea of what to expect.

In Task one just "say what you see, if you see it, say it" (just like catchphrase LOL), Task 2 - good structure is paramount, write it in pencil as that gives you the opportunity to re read and change parts that dont sound particularly academic.

Listening: Just relax and listen carefully, read the questions throughly.

Reading - I thought i bombed on this one. But read the questions first before the passages, gives you an idea of what type of information you need to look for. If you get stuck on one don't linger on it, move on and come back to it. But do write an answer for everything. THe practice materials do help you with this

Speaking - I actually though this was harder than i imagined it would be, just chat away, try and speak slowly but confidently.

Now just waiting for Nurse registration and then visa before jetting off to Melbourne to start work with the Royal District Nursing Service. Very excited.

But my main priority now is supporting England for the next 4 weeks - COME ON ENGLAND !!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!! You did Brilliantly!!!!!!!!!! Maybe see you in Melbourne sometime. Catherine:biglaugh:

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good day today, had my ielts overturned!!!!! remarked my writing from a 6.5 to an 7.5 YYYYYYYYYYiiiiiiiiiiipppppppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

now got listening 8.5, reading 8, writing 7.5 and speaking 9 overall 8.5 took 3 attempts loads of cash but got there in the end.. + the sun is shining and its my day off all i need to do now is win the lottery!! :biggrin::happy_face_sticking

Good day today, had my ielts overturned!!!!! remarked my writing from a 6.5 to an 7.5 YYYYYYYYYYiiiiiiiiiiipppppppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

now got listening 8.5, reading 8, writing 7.5 and speaking 9 overall 8.5 took 3 attempts loads of cash but got there in the end.. + the sun is shining and its my day off all i need to do now is win the lottery!! :biggrin::happy_face_sticking

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! If I were you I would get down and do the lottery quick.... this is your day. Catherine:biglaugh:

Guest Taylor72

WELL DONE:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

It just proves u should of never got that mark in the first instance , justice has prevailed !!!!!

Im still waiting my ANMC modified skill assessment been about 5 weeks now !! how about you ??

Celebrate your victory and congratulations xx

Annette x

Oh Lisa,

I am chuffed to bits for ya. Congratulations. Bet you are in shock. Just goes to show how they can really be wrong with the marking. Anyway, thats all us long timers done now. What a relief we have all passed now. Its been hard work, but now to take time out and enjoy the celebrations.

Good luck to everyone else getting results and taking the test.

:hug:xx Helen

Just have to let everyone know i PASSED my IELTS academic test first time im so so HAPPY :biggrin:

Listening 9.0, Reading 8.5, Speaking 9.0 Writing 8.0 = Overall score of 8.5 !!!!!!

Advice for all new IELTS test takers - Do the official practice tests, they give you a great idea of what to expect.

In Task one just "say what you see, if you see it, say it" (just like catchphrase LOL), Task 2 - good structure is paramount, write it in pencil as that gives you the opportunity to re read and change parts that dont sound particularly academic.

Listening: Just relax and listen carefully, read the questions throughly.

Reading - I thought i bombed on this one. But read the questions first before the passages, gives you an idea of what type of information you need to look for. If you get stuck on one don't linger on it, move on and come back to it. But do write an answer for everything. THe practice materials do help you with this

Speaking - I actually though this was harder than i imagined it would be, just chat away, try and speak slowly but confidently.

Now just waiting for Nurse registration and then visa before jetting off to Melbourne to start work with the Royal District Nursing Service. Very excited.

But my main priority now is supporting England for the next 4 weeks - COME ON ENGLAND !!!!!!!!

Well done on passing your IELTS - what a fantastic score!!

Great news on your new job!

I am waiting to resit my IELTS on 10th July in Liverpool:arghh:

Good luck with your future plans

Sharon x

WOW lisa - what brilliant news for you - so glad it all worked out in the end :smile: But what you had to go through?? Its just crazy, if you didnt appeal you would have had to sit it again - I wonder how many other people may have passed if they would have had their test remarked?

Good luck with the next stage!!

My resit is on 10th July

Sharon x

Guest Jen257

might be a bit of a waste of time now I booked before the MODL points were lost I can't get 120 points now even if I get the extra ten.

Still I've paid the fee so might as well do it who knows it may help after july changes

Yeah, shooterguy, that happened to us too.. we are having to get our auntie to sponsor us now, as you only need 100 for that. Do you have any relatives in aus?

Good luck with your test, which one are you doing? General or academic? Dont suppose you could let me know how it was when youve done it, as my hubby (the applicant) is stressing about his at end of July.

Jen :cute:

Guest clareth

Good luck! My husband took it, before the new SOL and our plans for 176 came to a halt! But he passed anyway, he was really nervous too, bless him. Good luck, sure you'll all do really well.

Claire

WOW lisa - what brilliant news for you - so glad it all worked out in the end :smile: But what you had to go through?? Its just crazy, if you didnt appeal you would have had to sit it again - I wonder how many other people may have passed if they would have had their test remarked?

Good luck with the next stage!!

My resit is on 10th July

Sharon x

Oh Sharon,

You will be fine this time round. When i put on that all us old timers at this test had passed, this included you. So that must be an omen.......... Sorry, forgot about your resit. Are u sitting it at a different test centre than last time.

There is supposed to be same standards between all test centres but I think they do differ slightly. When i did it in London it didn't seem quite as organised as Leeds, but i'm not complaining.

Wish you all the best. Have a look back at comments made by "thelongwait" She is a marker for the test and gave some good tips for reading and writing, especially the writing. Thanks to her, I'm sure thats why I did so good in my writing. Who would have thought I would get 9 in the writing. I still have to keep looking at my score sheet. Not me for sure. I have not done anything academic for nearly 10 years.

Just try to stay calm.

I know easier said than done. I still have my urticaria, am sure its all due to the stress.

Certifying docs is the current headache

Thinking bout ya. All the best.

Oh Sharon,

You will be fine this time round. When i put on that all us old timers at this test had passed, this included you. So that must be an omen.......... Sorry, forgot about your resit. Are u sitting it at a different test centre than last time.

There is supposed to be same standards between all test centres but I think they do differ slightly. When i did it in London it didn't seem quite as organised as Leeds, but i'm not complaining.

Wish you all the best. Have a look back at comments made by "thelongwait" She is a marker for the test and gave some good tips for reading and writing, especially the writing. Thanks to her, I'm sure thats why I did so good in my writing. Who would have thought I would get 9 in the writing. I still have to keep looking at my score sheet. Not me for sure. I have not done anything academic for nearly 10 years.

Just try to stay calm.

I know easier said than done. I still have my urticaria, am sure its all due to the stress.

Certifying docs is the current headache

Thinking bout ya. All the best.

Awr thanks Helen,

Trying to get plenty of practice in (when not on POI lol!) so hopefully second time round?

Did the 1st test in Leeds, next one is booked for Liverpool (live in Manchester) so its a matter of where there is a place.

Hope your urticaria clears up soon, I suppose its stress all the way as once over one hurdle, there is another one?

Sharon x

Guest Taylor72
Awr thanks Helen,

Trying to get plenty of practice in (when not on POI lol!) so hopefully second time round?

Did the 1st test in Leeds, next one is booked for Liverpool (live in Manchester) so its a matter of where there is a place.

Hope your urticaria clears up soon, I suppose its stress all the way as once over one hurdle, there is another one?

Sharon x

Hi Sharon

Sending u lots of positive vibes im sure you will do fine this time round. As sad as this may sound when you do pass it the feeling is amazing hehe !!!! Helen can vouch for me on that one, i felt like id won a shed load of money. When all i actually got was a paper to say i can offically speak english :biglaugh:

Try not to stress too much and practice ,practice thats the key xx

Had the estate agent round today house going up for sale :wub:

Take care hun x Annette

Hi Sharon

Sending u lots of positive vibes im sure you will do fine this time round. As sad as this may sound when you do pass it the feeling is amazing hehe !!!! Helen can vouch for me on that one, i felt like id won a shed load of money. When all i actually got was a paper to say i can offically speak english :biglaugh:

Try not to stress too much and practice ,practice thats the key xx

Had the estate agent round today house going up for sale :wub:

Take care hun x Annette

Hi Annette

Thanks for your support - I'm sure I'll get there in the end?

Good luck with your house, we have just put our house up for sale!!

Sharon x

Awr thanks Helen,

Sharon x

Good luck Sharon i know how you are feeling, this bl**dy test is soooooooooooooooo stressfull!! i only got through by default, lol. now my agent is asking me when i arranged to send details to the anmc?? i took 3 tests and a remark so which date?? omg im stressed all over again!!

Lisa x

Hi Everyone.

From 1st July, apparently all the individual nursing boards in Australia will become one standard board. Does anyone know if all the information for registration which had previously been sent to the individual board (ie NBV) will automatically be forwarded to the standard board - or do we have to start the process of registration all over again??? I have already E-Mailed the NBV but as yet I have had no reply. Thanks Catherine

Guest gingerdingo

Great news on the remark, we have also asked for a remark and it has now been 3 weeks since we sent the money.

Could you tell us how long it took you to get your results and if they cashed the cheque prior to remarking the exam and then returned the fee?

Guest Taylor72

Hi Lisa

Just wondering when you sent your skill ssessment to ANMC and is it a full or modified ?? I sent mine on the 20/05/10 and it was a modified assessment and they are saying 14 weeks before its looked at. Thats a long time for a tick box exercise when all the hard works been done. Its such a farce when youvee already been passed by a regulatory body ( rant over lol ). Where are you lot heading ?? were hopefully off to Brisbane area but knowing my look they will offer me a regional sponsorship in stead of a state one and will end up having to turn my job offer down xx

Annette x

Hi Lisa

Just wondering when you sent your skill ssessment to ANMC and is it a full or modified ?? I sent mine on the 20/05/10 and it was a modified assessment and they are saying 14 weeks before its looked at. Thats a long time for a tick box exercise when all the hard works been done. Its such a farce when youvee already been passed by a regulatory body ( rant over lol ). Where are you lot heading ?? were hopefully off to Brisbane area but knowing my look they will offer me a regional sponsorship in stead of a state one and will end up having to turn my job offer down xx

Annette x

Hiya Annette, were hoping for Perth but its all a long way ahead as we have 2 major medical problems to prove to them that all is ok!! the skills assessment is only just been processed its the full assessment. I sent off all the forms to my agent back in Feb but because i couldn pass this awfull test its only now everything can be done. I initially filled out the paper based form but my agent said she will sort it all online. To be honest i dont really understand all the jargon for assessments etc (i know i should) thats why im paying a very efficient person to sort and she just tells me what i need to do and i do it, lol.

Lisa x :biggrin: look a smile at last!!!

Guest kyeandgem

Hi Lisa

I know you have to pay for a remark but if its proven they made an error do they refund you your money.

thanks

Gemma

Hiya Annette, were hoping for Perth but its all a long way ahead as we have 2 major medical problems to prove to them that all is ok!! the skills assessment is only just been processed its the full assessment. I sent off all the forms to my agent back in Feb but because i couldn pass this awfull test its only now everything can be done. I initially filled out the paper based form but my agent said she will sort it all online. To be honest i dont really understand all the jargon for assessments etc (i know i should) thats why im paying a very efficient person to sort and she just tells me what i need to do and i do it, lol.

Lisa x :biggrin: look a smile at last!!!

It's funny how we all seem to be in similar stages. We have 1 major medical hurdle. It was this blasted test that delayed things for me too. Skills asessment going in now. Finally. I just do what I am told by my very efficient agent too. Don't know where we would of been without financial advisor and migration agent.

Good to see the smile. It's cool isn't it. Have you got over the excitement of passing your test yet?????? It certainly cheers my day up at work when it's that busy and I know that things can start moving now. There may be an end to the NHS.................1 day.

Keep smiing.

xx Helen

It's funny how we all seem to be in similar stages. We have 1 major medical hurdle. It was this blasted test that delayed things for me too. Skills asessment going in now. Finally. I just do what I am told by my very efficient agent too. Don't know where we would of been without financial advisor and migration agent.

Good to see the smile. It's cool isn't it. Have you got over the excitement of passing your test yet?????? It certainly cheers my day up at work when it's that busy and I know that things can start moving now. There may be an end to the NHS.................1 day.

Keep smiing.

xx Helen

I was beginning to think i was totally thick & stupid, everybody at work would ask me how i got on and at times wished i hadnt said anything to any one. Working with the constant media attention, being verbally abused almost on a daily basis now mainly from relatives is getting us all down and i really need to move on and im biding my time until i can say im outa here!! as they say or sing ""things can only get better"" But i am a professional and will smile and dream of far away places with sun, sea, white sand and nice house with a pool. (i know its not all rosey but let me dream) lol

Lisa x

Guest Taylor72
I was beginning to think i was totally thick & stupid, everybody at work would ask me how i got on and at times wished i hadnt said anything to any one. Working with the constant media attention, being verbally abused almost on a daily basis now mainly from relatives is getting us all down and i really need to move on and im biding my time until i can say im outa here!! as they say or sing ""things can only get better"" But i am a professional and will smile and dream of far away places with sun, sea, white sand and nice house with a pool. (i know its not all rosey but let me dream) lol

Lisa x

Hi Lisa

Hey dont knock the dream lol , its what keeps all of us on pio going. Some times i wish i had kept quiet on our plans as it would of been easier, as u have the emotional jibes from the family and my work friends. And i too take it and keep smiling and pray that im not ripping our world apart for nothing. "better to have tried than to look back and wish you had !!! " and too some degree we all have to be selfish in order for us to live our own lifes and to experience new things. Safe is not always the best thing , stepping outside the box can sometimes make things better.

Im soo jealous of all of you who are using a migration agent, as im going it alone ( too tight to part with the money hehe ). Took me ages to get my head around finding how i fund my assets for state sponsorship, when all my assets tied up in our home.

im sure you will be ok if your agent is dealing with the medical side .

Best of luck Annette x

Took me ages to get my head around finding how i fund my assets for state sponsorship, when all my assets tied up in our home.

im sure you will be ok if your agent is dealing with the medical side .

Best of luck Annette x

Hi Annette, a bit worried about this bit as our assets are in the equity in our home also approx £90,000 we hope, do we have to have this money now?? will they ask when we do the main visa & state sponsored with wa which we are planning to start in Jan?? were trying to do a bit at a time as not to get into too much debt. our agent didnt say anything about it. :goofy: Yep main reason for using an agent was because my youngest has mild autism, he is in a mainstream school, bright and no trouble many issues he has been tought to live with and is doing very well. And hubby had arthritic hips, he has had one hip resurfaced 6 weeks ago and is curriently off recovering but the other will need doing at some point. When i think of the cost i would give up now so i just hand over my c/card details and try not to think about it, lol. + im far too dim to even attempt it, it took 3 times to pass the ielts, lol

Lisa x

Guest Taylor72
Hi Annette, a bit worried about this bit as our assets are in the equity in our home also approx £90,000 we hope, do we have to have this money now?? will they ask when we do the main visa & state sponsored with wa which we are planning to start in Jan?? were trying to do a bit at a time as not to get into too much debt. our agent didnt say anything about it. :goofy: Yep main reason for using an agent was because my youngest has mild autism, he is in a mainstream school, bright and no trouble many issues he has been tought to live with and is doing very well. And hubby had arthritic hips, he has had one hip resurfaced 6 weeks ago and is curriently off recovering but the other will need doing at some point. When i think of the cost i would give up now so i just hand over my c/card details and try not to think about it, lol. + im far too dim to even attempt it, it took 3 times to pass the ielts, lol

Lisa x

Hey Lisa

Dont put yourself down about the ielts, that test is a money making racket when you are uk born and only have english as your language xx (its an insult !!! haha rant over hehe).

I would check nearer the time if WA states that you need sufficient funs, but im sure your agent will have a way of dealing with it. I took advice from Queensland state and they said that they wouldnt accept a morgage statement and valuation to show the equity, so was told different soultions they would accept. I was told other people have taken out a remorgage and sent the offer figures, but never actually borrowed the money, another was credit cards with limits to the equate the amount of the settlement figure which is $34,000 for family of 4.

But like i said this is just Queensland and every state is different, but try not to worry as your agent will sort it (lucky devil, wish i could have an agent as im just fumbling my way through, and getting there slowly ).

I think your medical conditions will be ok as you can provide info to make them recognise your sons condition is managed well and your hubby s hip wouldnt put a long term pressure on their health service even if he needed another new hip.

Keep positive (haha if your anything like me im a walking talking load of hormones )

Take care lovely

Annette x

Archived