IELTS this week

hellsbells712

Hello Helen, my application is curriently with the anmc, how do you check how its going??

Lisa

Hi ya Lisa

When my agent submitted my application he forwarded me on the confirmation that it had been submitted and the login details to check the status of my application if I wanted. So i've been keeping a check on it.

Also on the advice of Annette, she persuaded me to ring the ANMC which I did on Tuesday morning. Had to set my alarm mind, cos i'd slept in the day before.

Felt a bit funny ringing them, but I just said I was ringing them to see if they received the hard copies of my docs and I just asked how long it might take.

Within the week the lovely chap said and low and behold, there it was today...........APPLICATION APPROVED. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :arghh:

You should try ringing them on Monday, because you sent yours around the same time as me. Good luck. You will need your application reference when you ring.

xx Helen:hug:

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have been to London this weekend - wanted to take the kids to see our capital city before we go to the other side of the world!! Had a brilliant time - got back tonight and opened my IELTS results - just as I thought - failed again on reading part got 6.5. I knew I had, as my nerves got the better of me on the day so I wasnt really surprised (even though I was hoping I had passed!)

Just checked the website and the centres that I wanted, are now booked up until 5th Sept, so hoping to try for Sheffield on 21st Aug. This is getting ridiculous now as probably would have travelled the country by the time I have passed lol

So now its back to the drawing board with these boring mock papers - I have done all the ones I could find on the internet, passed the mock exams - just need to calm down on the day.

Hopefully 3rd time lucky!!

Well done Helen on your ANMC approval - its all happening quickly now!

Sharon x

Guest Jo and Dave

Hi Sharon, I took my IELT's test on 17th July and to be honest I felt I did great with exception to the reading...... I just could not find the dam answers! guessed a few! no matter how much you prepare its so different on the day.

I have another week to wait for my results but i'm not convinced :cry:

Good luck with your next test Sharon, fingers crossed.......

Jo x

We have been to London this weekend - wanted to take the kids to see our capital city before we go to the other side of the world!! Had a brilliant time - got back tonight and opened my IELTS results - just as I thought - failed again on reading part got 6.5. I knew I had, as my nerves got the better of me on the day so I wasnt really surprised (even though I was hoping I had passed!)

Just checked the website and the centres that I wanted, are now booked up until 5th Sept, so hoping to try for Sheffield on 21st Aug. This is getting ridiculous now as probably would have travelled the country by the time I have passed lol

So now its back to the drawing board with these boring mock papers - I have done all the ones I could find on the internet, passed the mock exams - just need to calm down on the day.

Hopefully 3rd time lucky!!

Well done Helen on your ANMC approval - its all happening quickly now!

Sharon x

Hello Sharon, sorry to hear about your results, i know how you feel (failed 3 times). my friend is sitting in Brum on 21st aug is that any nearer?? after my second fail i paid for a months course with ielts higher, cost £35 and passed the reading, but then failed on the writing, (overturned now) so you may want to try this online course, it helped. Glad you enjoyed London, we went 2 weeks ago + legoland. it was 32deg, lovely on the open top bus!!

I felt like giving up when i failed the 3rd and if it hadnt been remarked after appeal with a whole point giving me a 7.5 from a 6.5 i dont think i would have done another and just given up on the whole process.

Chin up i know its hard.

Lisa x

Guest gingerdingo

Hi, I am reading your post about the remark and am very interested. We sent of our test results ( failed the writing with 6.5 ) for a remark and they cashed the cheque on the 14 June - how long did it take you to get the results posted through. It has now been 6 weeks!

Hi Sharon, I took my IELT's test on 17th July and to be honest I felt I did great with exception to the reading...... I just could not find the dam answers! guessed a few! no matter how much you prepare its so different on the day.

I have another week to wait for my results but i'm not convinced :cry:

Good luck with your next test Sharon, fingers crossed.......

Jo x

Hi Jo,

Know what you mean - on my 1st attempt I struggled finding the answers to the reading part as I ran out of time, so when I started again I changed my tactics - took advice from this thread and found it alot more useful to try and not understand the passage but to read the questions first and hunt for the answers. Found this a bril way when doing the mock papers but on the day like you said its so different:confused:

Good luck for this Sat - hope its good news for you

Sharon x

Hello Sharon, sorry to hear about your results, i know how you feel (failed 3 times). my friend is sitting in Brum on 21st aug is that any nearer?? after my second fail i paid for a months course with ielts higher, cost £35 and passed the reading, but then failed on the writing, (overturned now) so you may want to try this online course, it helped. Glad you enjoyed London, we went 2 weeks ago + legoland. it was 32deg, lovely on the open top bus!!

I felt like giving up when i failed the 3rd and if it hadnt been remarked after appeal with a whole point giving me a 7.5 from a 6.5 i dont think i would have done another and just given up on the whole process.

Chin up i know its hard.

Lisa x

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for your support - The dates for the next course for IELTS havent been updated correctly so 21 Aug is now not available! This is another thing that p***es me off about the damn thing - you can never get on another until weeks later:arghh: So Im going for 4 Sept in Manchester, forms sent off.

I might look into the online course ? will see again how I get on with the mock papers first. Theres no way I'm gonna give up as we have got are visa just need this for the registration - looks like its going to take a bit longer:rolleyes:

Good luck with your plans

Sharon x

Hi, I am reading your post about the remark and am very interested. We sent of our test results ( failed the writing with 6.5 ) for a remark and they cashed the cheque on the 14 June - how long did it take you to get the results posted through. It has now been 6 weeks!

Hello gingerdingo, it took a long time approx 9 weeks if i can remember right!! the new certificate was dated a good month before the letter from the uni to say that i had passed.

Good luck

Lisa

How strange, we also went to London last week and to legoland, short break before we start sweating on the results that the OH will get on Saturday. she's quietly confident this time, the most confident she's been, fingers crossed..............i'll let you know as soon as mr postie arrives !!!!!!!

How strange, we also went to London last week and to legoland, short break before we start sweating on the results that the OH will get on Saturday. she's quietly confident this time, the most confident she's been, fingers crossed..............i'll let you know as soon as mr postie arrives !!!!!!!

Fingers crossed i know how your feeling. regarding the travelling, were trying to see everywhere we want too before we go (if we get a visa that is). off to Yorkshire next week, never been to Liverpool or Manchester except trafford centre went this year, there also on our visiting places next.

Wish her good luck from me

Lisa x

Just had a message from a friend who i met at the ielts test who failed hers twice, she has just passed the occupational english test. She said it was slightly easier, but drawback i think its only taken in London. But for people who are struggling it maybe worth looking into.

lisa

Wishing your OH good luck for Saturday - fingers crossed!

We also went to Legoland recently fab place :smile:

Sharon

A bit of good news for us

After initially thinking to rent our house out when we go to OZ, we decided to test the market 6 weeks ago - well today we have accepted an offer on our house :jiggy::jiggy: The couple are relocating to Manchester with work and are hoping to move in September :huh: Lets hope I pass the Ielts booked for September!

We will defintely be cracking open the champagne tonight

Sharon x

Guest Taylor72
A bit of good news for us

After initially thinking to rent our house out when we go to OZ, we decided to test the market 6 weeks ago - well today we have accepted an offer on our house :jiggy::jiggy: The couple are relocating to Manchester with work and are hoping to move in September :huh: Lets hope I pass the Ielts booked for September!

We will defintely be cracking open the champagne tonight

Sharon x

Hi Sharo

well done with the house, looks like you will be in ozzy real soon, and the timing of the move could be perfect. Could you not just go and take the test while over there?

Has your hubby got a job, i cant remember as this early on set of dementia is a bugger at times hehe .

Did you get my email hun ? me and helen where thinking of you . Hope all goes well in sept and dont worry you will be fine. I can feel it in mi water lol xxxx

Take care Annette:wub:

Hi Sharo

well done with the house, looks like you will be in ozzy real soon, and the timing of the move could be perfect. Could you not just go and take the test while over there?

Has your hubby got a job, i cant remember as this early on set of dementia is a bugger at times hehe .

Did you get my email hun ? me and helen where thinking of you . Hope all goes well in sept and dont worry you will be fine. I can feel it in mi water lol xxxx

Take care Annette:wub:

Hi Annette,

Its tempting about taking the IELTS test in OZ but its took 6 months so far from finding out in March about needing to take the test until my next one in Sept. So I need to get it sorted before I go coz I wont be able to work - or maybe thats not such a bad idea? lol:rolleyes:

Sharon x

Good luck to all taking the test tomorrow and waiting for the results

Sh#t, Bo##ocks, Bas@~rd, f@?k, The OH has gone to the gym so she said that I could open the results when they came, guess what L-8.0, W-7.0, S-9.0 and f@:kin reading 6.5 !!!!!!!

0.5 off the required mark again, what does she have to do, this really is going to put her off, she was quietly confident...............................I'm going to have to convince her now that she will nail it next time !!!!

p.s as you can see from the beginning of this post my version of the queens language is obviously up to scratch !!!!!!!

Guest Taylor72
Sh#t, Bo##ocks, Bas@~rd, f@?k, The OH has gone to the gym so she said that I could open the results when they came, guess what L-8.0, W-7.0, S-9.0 and f@:kin reading 6.5 !!!!!!!

0.5 off the required mark again, what does she have to do, this really is going to put her off, she was quietly confident...............................I'm going to have to convince her now that she will nail it next time !!!!

p.s as you can see from the beginning of this post my version of the queens language is obviously up to scratch !!!!!!!

Hi

Soooo frustrating for her the poor thing !!!!

I passed it 2nd time round but it did knock my confidence when your first language is english. I have heard of someone on here that went to appeal because she was 0.5 off the mark and it was over turned. I think it takes slightly longer but it may be worth a try x:wub:

Hope shes ok

Annette

Hi

Soooo frustrating for her the poor thing !!!!

I passed it 2nd time round but it did knock my confidence when your first language is english. I have heard of someone on here that went to appeal because she was 0.5 off the mark and it was over turned. I think it takes slightly longer but it may be worth a try x:wub:

Hope shes ok

Annette

We thought about the remark first time when she got 6.5, but that many people have said its not worth it because the reading has definitive answers, right or wrong, what do people think ?

my sons girlfriend more or less the same results on Thursday, reading 6.5 passed all the others this is the third try,got another two booked,heartbreaking as she has a job waiting for her, bloody annoying, if you are born in Australia and have been through secondary school then the English test isn't needed to be a nurse but if you were born in Britain and even been through high school it counts for F all, so unfair as I have said before its a new idea to make money for thats for sure English is from bloody England or have i got that right ???

Awr no - so sorry!!

Is it worth her trying the online course that Lisa suggested on a previous thread, which she found useful?

I dont know if they will remark the reading part, thought it was only the writing?

I'm on my 3rd attempt next - its a nightmare!

Sharon

Guest sharon and gaz

well I sat the ielts test yesterday in glasgow. After completing the reading listening and writing sections I felt ok but the speaking section!! All I can say is I felt absolutely insulted. The first question I was asked was, where do you live ? the second what is your favourite colour? I was a bit shocked at this and gave short answers. The examiner wasn't at all impressed I think, I don't know just feeling a bit down about it all tonight. On positive note though met a couple of really nice girls who have recently completed their midwifery training. They are going to melbourne too, so anyway fingers crossed for results.:unsure:

Guest man2010
well I sat the ielts test yesterday in glasgow. After completing the reading listening and writing sections I felt ok but the speaking section!! All I can say is I felt absolutely insulted. The first question I was asked was, where do you live ? the second what is your favourite colour? I was a bit shocked at this and gave short answers. The examiner wasn't at all impressed I think, I don't know just feeling a bit down about it all tonight. On positive note though met a couple of really nice girls who have recently completed their midwifery training. They are going to melbourne too, so anyway fingers crossed for results.:unsure:

Don't worry you'll be fine. I know the feeling, you kind of expect a more challenging discussion so you are taken aback by the simplicity of the question! When I did my speaking test, I posed for a few minutes digesting the question cos I thought there was a catch! and then I spent the next 2 weeks going over and over the discussion thinking I should have given a detailed answer:arghh: I passed the test fortunately. am sure you'll do just fine.

Guest Jo and Dave

Just walked in from a long 14hr shift, knackered........ and opened my results. Gutted!

L-8.5, R-5.5, W-8.5, S-9.0, WTF?

This surely demonstrates the reading section is a joke :(

Looks like I'm rebooking another test tomorrow! Ar$e.

Jo

Guest sharon and gaz
Don't worry you'll be fine. I know the feeling, you kind of expect a more challenging discussion so you are taken aback by the simplicity of the question! When I did my speaking test, I posed for a few minutes digesting the question cos I thought there was a catch! and then I spent the next 2 weeks going over and over the discussion thinking I should have given a detailed answer:arghh: I passed the test fortunately. am sure you'll do just fine.

thanks for your reply I thought it was just me ! Feeling a bit better about it today, but have to stop going over everything in my head. These next 2 weeks will be long.

Guest Taylor72
thanks for your reply I thought it was just me ! Feeling a bit better about it today, but have to stop going over everything in my head. These next 2 weeks will be long.

Sharon

Please dont worry there is no way you could fail the speaking honestly. How bad would that be for an examiner to fail a english speaking citizen, it just wont happen :wink:

Hope you do okay on everything else, it is bit of a monkey:tongue:

Annette x

Archived