Guest guest36187

My daughter is considering emigrating with her family. Would it be wise for me to apply for a visa at the same time, as I will not have any relatives in the UK once she has gone.

You will need to wait a little as she will have to demonstrate she is settled first-if you read this forum you will find loads of useful advice from people in a similar position to you...

Guest nannadi

Hello again, the working thing I don't think is possible but I am a uk pensior living on a uk state pension only and of course meeting all the family requirements etc for residency. I am now 70 yrs old but put in my onshore claim when I was here 'on a visit' - not quite proper! - but no problem. Have now got permanent residency - after just over nine years.

Good luck!

A {now 20 year } wait or thousands of dollars was simply not on my agenda.

Guest Dannynaughton

Hello guys could anyone help me out I'm 21 years old and I left school at 16 I got a trade in bricklaying but have returned to education and am studying a degree to become a PE teacher the problem I'm facing is as soon as I graduate I want to migrate but my dad is 45 and I don't want to leave him behind he has a sister with her own business who is an Australian citizen and could sponsor and employ him etc is there a chance this may help any info would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance

Hello guys could anyone help me out I'm 21 years old and I left school at 16 I got a trade in bricklaying but have returned to education and am studying a degree to become a PE teacher the problem I'm facing is as soon as I graduate I want to migrate but my dad is 45 and I don't want to leave him behind he has a sister with her own business who is an Australian citizen and could sponsor and employ him etc is there a chance this may help any info would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance

I think there are too many issues here to deal with quickly..if you successfully emigrate and get permanent residency then you may well be able to sponsor him. That might be the easiest route as by then he would be over 45 which is I believe, a cut off point for individual emigration. However I am no expert and many others are so perhaps they can help you better

good luck!

Some might be interested - from Senate Estimates on Monday (emphasis added):

"Even in the delivery of this year's migration program 2010-11, we are struggling to fill all of the places in the contributory parent visa category. When it comes to the second stage visa charge of around $37,000, which is quite significant for a person, people do struggle to find the money to pay that second visa application charge. So the change reflects the respective demand in the two visa categories. The other factor is client services, obviously.

With the allocation of only 1,000 places in the non-contributory parent category, parents in the queue will likely be waiting for around 30 years before they could be granted a visa, which practically makes the whole problem questionable. Why would we even have such a program if people need to wait for 30 years before the visa can be granted? The very small increase of 1,000 to 2,000 will reduce that waiting period from 30 years to 15 years. It is still significant. It reflects the cost to the budget and the community, but it is a small increase, and it was delivered from within another parent category where we are actually struggling to fill the program places."

(Hansard, page 33 here: http://www.aph.gov.au/hansard/senate/commttee/s39.pdf)

Best regards.

Some might be interested - from Senate Estimates on Monday (emphasis added):

"Even in the delivery of this year's migration program 2010-11, we are struggling to fill all of the places in the contributory parent visa category. Best regards.

I'm puzzled, Alan.

Why are they struggling to fill the places when there is a waiting list?

John & Eirian

Corks will be popping tonight - just got the request for our final VAC!

(and first viewing of the house tonight with another on Friday) fingers crossed!

Well done, not sure how you are paying but the £ is slowing moving up again, wish you luck for the money and the house. :wubclub:

Well done, not sure how you are paying but the £ is slowing moving up again, wish you luck for the money and the house. :wubclub:

Noticed that - may give it a couple of days to see what happens (we were planning on paying via London until the sudden rise)

Another Bank holiday soon so may wait till after that!

(and first viewing of the house tonight with another on Friday) fingers crossed!

Nearly there Jane & Clive, good luck with the viewings, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you both

I've only got a week left !!!:twitcy:

Katie x

Guest Cakey

Good luck!

Our house was only on the Market for a week and the second viewers bought it! We are trying to complete for 23rd July. We have had to ask for a little more time to pay the second visa payment, but fingers crossed we should be in Australia for August. Best of luck with you're viewings!

Cheers Cakey

Currently there is a temporary 457 employer sponsored visa. There is no age limit on this. If your sister could sponsor your father for this it would allow him to stay in Australia for up to four years. You would be able to sponsor your father for a Contributory Parent Visa when you are settled, usually after 2 years, although it is not cheap. Your dad also needs to pass the balance of family test, ie he needs to have more children in Australia than the UK.

He can remain in Australia for up to 4 years on the 457 while his visa is being processed, currently around 12 months waiting time. For your father to be eligible for sponsnorship for the 457 visa he would need to be in a certain occupation. However, DIAC are constantly changing the goal posts, so you would need to find out what applies at the time when you are ready to put in your own application.

The best place to start would be on the DIAC website www.immi.gov.au.

Hope this helps.

Noticed that - may give it a couple of days to see what happens (we were planning on paying via London until the sudden rise)

Another Bank holiday soon so may wait till after that!

Hi

Congratulations on the progress so near now. :jiggy:

Eventually got our GP to sort request from the panel doctorso lost a little ground to you two:wink:. We are looking to put the house on the market next week and hope we sell soon but it not an easy market in our area at the moment.

Good luck to all

Guest wannabeeoz

I have 2 daughters,1 of whom is settled in Oz and the plan is for me to apply for a 173 contributory temp visa then if everything works out after 12 month to apply for a 143 permanent visa for both myself and my wife who will have remained in the uk up to this point.

Is this feasible? Advice and comments much welcomed.

Hi

Congratulations on the progress so near now. :jiggy:

Eventually got our GP to sort request from the panel doctorso lost a little ground to you two:wink:. We are looking to put the house on the market next week and hope we sell soon but it not an easy market in our area at the moment.

Good luck to all

Glad you got the medical thing sorted. Once the results get to Sydney (after about 10 days) the 2nd VAC comes very quickly!

Good luck with your house sale too - you're not too far behind!

Glad you got the medical thing sorted. Once the results get to Sydney (after about 10 days) the 2nd VAC comes very quickly!

Good luck with your house sale too - you're not too far behind!

Dollar is loosing a bit of ground. Bet it crashes just after we pay at the high commission :arghh:. IT'S ONLY MONEY THEY TELL ME. I tell the kids it's their inheritance hehehehe:biggrin:.

Dollar is loosing a bit of ground. Bet it crashes just after we pay at the high commission :arghh:. IT'S ONLY MONEY THEY TELL ME. I tell the kids it's their inheritance hehehehe:biggrin:.

If it does, and you get your request before July 1st you might save a few $s by paying in London. Good luck anyway

Perth here we come! We exchanged contracts on our house yesterday and sold our car. John Mason are coming in on Tuesday and Wednesday to pack up. We complete and fly off to Perth on the 2nd. I can't believe how incredibly lucky we have been with timing and how it is all coming together now at last.

All I can say is it's been an incredibly emotional and stressful roller coaster, but so worth it in the end. Greatly helped by all the information and support on here, so thanks everyone and hang on in there and good luck to all those who are so close and all those still waiting.

Perth here we come! We exchanged contracts on our house yesterday and sold our car. John Mason are coming in on Tuesday and Wednesday to pack up. We complete and fly off to Perth on the 2nd. I can't believe how incredibly lucky we have been with timing and how it is all coming together now at last.

All I can say is it's been an incredibly emotional and stressful roller coaster, but so worth it in the end. Greatly helped by all the information and support on here, so thanks everyone and hang on in there and good luck to all those who are so close and all those still waiting.

Fantastic news Linday.:jiggy: Please try and stay in touch via pips in aus on facebook and will meet up on one of the rowdy coffee mornings or lunches.:hug: Hope all the journey and your first few days go VERY smoothly:yes:.

Guest guest43653

Brilliant news i am sure it will be just what you want and expect we wish you happy landing and a wonderful new life.

Sue

:biggrin:

Good news Linday, please tell us how you get on with John Mason as they are in the running for us when we sell our house.

It would be nice to hear of a successful move in place of all the disasters on the household and transport thread. :smile:

Good luck with the move, hope it all goes well and enjoy your new life in OZ.

Crown are coming to pack our stuff on Tuesday, then we leave on the 4th July, the dog also leaves in the 4th but on a different flight as she has to go to Sydney before joining us on the Gold Coast.

Wilma x