Guest guest36187

Guest mombie58@hotmail.com

I am back again - typical isn't it, you moan and if you are lucky - and everyone is rooting for you - things happen

WE GOT OUR TOURIST E 676 VISAS _ HEATHER PHONED AT 3.00 to let us know - she was beside herself with happiness as were we!..

It appears that the tourist visa people in hobart tas - "DIDN'T UNDERSTAND" Catherine's situation but instead of asking us or even our case officer they just shoved it to one side. This is our fourth or fifth trip to australia on an E676 visa. What is not to understand.

Yesterday after my pleas to you all for crossed fingers and toes I also wrote to my CO - she is no longer involved with our case as we had to cancel our CPV application in order to request a hearing before the Migration Review Board. She wrote twice to Hobart which was well and truly above and beyond what she needed to do and it was she who finally spoke with the agent in Hobart who told her that he 'didn't understand' but that now he would issue the e676.....................I know that I cannot mention her name on here but she knows who she is and her initial is R and although I have thanked her several times I will send her a little something.

But, isn't this ridiculous that I should be so grateful for a tourist visa to AUstralia??????????????????

Catherine and I are thrilled that we now have our permission to travel to australia, but it has indeed left a very nasty taste in all our mouths. After all we are British - as my mother was fond of saying - what more does one need!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyway the main thing is that we are able to leave on the 20th (with Air Canada ) via vancouver. we will be there for six months.

I should like to thank those of you who wrote in answer to my moan - it really is a great forum this and even when we have little disagreements things get sorted - it was great to talk with you all as I hate to moan too much to heather and catherine as it upsets them. I think that I have aged 10 years in the last week or so! -

again thank you all - more updates later!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am back again - typical isn't it, you moan and if you are lucky - and everyone is rooting for you - things happen

WE GOT OUR TOURIST E 676 VISAS _ HEATHER PHONED AT 3.00 to let us know - she was beside herself with happiness as were we!..

It appears that the tourist visa people in hobart tas - "DIDN'T UNDERSTAND" Catherine's situation but instead of asking us or even our case officer they just shoved it to one side. This is our fourth or fifth trip to australia on an E676 visa. What is not to understand.

Yesterday after my pleas to you all for crossed fingers and toes I also wrote to my CO - she is no longer involved with our case as we had to cancel our CPV application in order to request a hearing before the Migration Review Board. She wrote twice to Hobart which was well and truly above and beyond what she needed to do and it was she who finally spoke with the agent in Hobart who told her that he 'didn't understand' but that now he would issue the e676.....................I know that I cannot mention her name on here but she knows who she is and her initial is R and although I have thanked her several times I will send her a little something.

But, isn't this ridiculous that I should be so grateful for a tourist visa to AUstralia??????????????????

Catherine and I are thrilled that we now have our permission to travel to australia, but it has indeed left a very nasty taste in all our mouths. After all we are British - as my mother was fond of saying - what more does one need!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyway the main thing is that we are able to leave on the 20th (with Air Canada ) via vancouver. we will be there for six months.

I should like to thank those of you who wrote in answer to my moan - it really is a great forum this and even when we have little disagreements things get sorted - it was great to talk with you all as I hate to moan too much to heather and catherine as it upsets them. I think that I have aged 10 years in the last week or so! -

That is FANTASTIC news I am so thrilled for you :yes: at least you will be there for when Heather has your new grandson.......I soooooo wish you all well :biggrin:

Phoebe

Hi Audie

Only one coment

Whooppeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Really happy it got resolved, its amazing what can happen when you gets a person in the know who cares. Well done your ex CO. I hope mine, when they arrive, is half as good.

regards

Peter and Margaret

We will be there at the same time and close by too :yes: it would be good to meet up at some point we are there till mid June.

PM me if you and Catherine would like our number :biggrin:

Phoebe

Guest nannadi

How wonderful Mombie, I am so pleased for you and you must be so excited! I left a longish post on Tues which may interest you. I also had a great CO

Have a great six months,

Dianne

Guest mombie58@hotmail.com

thank you Dianne - I did read your post with interest and - there are a lot of issues with our application - one of which is that I am almost 70! - waiting for a visa for ten years is not really an option and also there is no health agreement with australia and canada as there is with the uk - so it would be tricky.

good luck to you where will you be living?

Catherine and I will have to sit down with the family and make the difficult decisions as to what to do next....................but first we have to tidy up the house (it is being rented whilst we are away) and get packed and get off to the gold coast - we are so excited, as are Heather and the family- less than a week to go...............

Guest nannadi

I do see mombie that the lack of reciprical agreement would make a great deal of difference, I must agree that it has been a boon to me. I am 70 too but then again, have been living on the fantastic Sunshine Coast for the past 12 years (I did not apply for residency until two years after moving here.

It's a difficult decision for you,

Good luck, Dianne

Guest sirmatt101

Hi Audie & Catharine,

Great news, but as others have said it should have just been a routine tourist visa application.

Myself & OH, Dianne would love to meet up with you and Catharine whilst you are here, have a good old moan over a flat white or even something stronger so PM us when you are ready, we go down to the GC to see the SIL quite often.

All the best

Matt

Hi Audie & Catharine,

Great news, but as others have said it should have just been a routine tourist visa application.

Myself & OH, Dianne would love to meet up with you and Catharine whilst you are here, have a good old moan over a flat white or even something stronger so PM us when you are ready, we go down to the GC to see the SIL quite often.

All the best

Matt

We will be on the Gold Coast from 20th April to 15th June too :biggrin:

Phoebe

Guest Cathwotherspoon

Hi everyone - not posted on here for a long time but keep up to date regularly so its good to see so many of you getting your visas at last. It seems the process if not taking so long now.

I was just wondering if anyone has gone through the 'Remaining Relative' process - subclass 115. Have looked on the immigration site and it would seem that I could qualify. My only child is in Oz and will get her permanent residency possibly late this summer. I have no parents,partner, brothers or sisters here in the UK. There also seems to be a huge difference in the cost - 4,000 AUD approx compared to the cost of the Parent visa which I thought would be my only option. Any info would be very gratefully received.

Hi everyone - not posted on here for a long time but keep up to date regularly so its good to see so many of you getting your visas at last. It seems the process if not taking so long now.

I was just wondering if anyone has gone through the 'Remaining Relative' process - subclass 115. Have looked on the immigration site and it would seem that I could qualify. My only child is in Oz and will get her permanent residency possibly late this summer. I have no parents,partner, brothers or sisters here in the UK. There also seems to be a huge difference in the cost - 4,000 AUD approx compared to the cost of the Parent visa which I thought would be my only option. Any info would be very gratefully received.

Hi

I assume you mean that your daughter would sponsor you for the RRV? Unfortunately your daughter will not be able to sponsor you for the RRV as it is not possible to sponsor a parent for a RRV.

Hi

I assume you mean that your daughter would sponsor you for the RRV? Unfortunately your daughter will not be able to sponsor you for the RRV as it is not possible to sponsor a parent for a RRV.

Sadly if it were only that easy :swoon:

Phoebe

Guest Cathwotherspoon
Sadly if it were only that easy :swoon:

Phoebe

Thought it sounded too good to be true:cry:

I am sure there must be many people in my situation but of course the OZ govt would not make so much money if it was to incude a parent on the RRV

Thought it sounded too good to be true:cry:

I am sure there must be many people in my situation but of course the OZ govt would not make so much money if it was to incude a parent on the RRV

I think between us parents we are keeping the Oz government going :wacko:

Phoebe

I have tried to be patient for so long but it's starting to get to me now! Still no email from the CO asking for the 2nd VAC payment. Our medicals, police checks etc arrived on 4th April so we were expecting to hear something from them. Getting a little worried that there is a problem with the medicals. Do they contact you to tell you? I have already emailed them last week but no response.

Someone posted on the 'other' forum that their medicals arrived in Sydney eight days ago and yesterday they were asked for the 2nd VAC payment, which got me worried. We are hoping to fly to Perth at the beginning of June to see our new grandchild, but don't want to have to delay. So difficult to make any plans and move forward!

Think it will have to be a nice chilling glass of white wine tonight (or two!):goofy:

I have tried to be patient for so long but it's starting to get to me now! Still no email from the CO asking for the 2nd VAC payment. Our medicals, police checks etc arrived on 4th April so we were expecting to hear something from them. Getting a little worried that there is a problem with the medicals. Do they contact you to tell you? I have already emailed them last week but no response.

Someone posted on the 'other' forum that their medicals arrived in Sydney eight days ago and yesterday they were asked for the 2nd VAC payment, which got me worried. We are hoping to fly to Perth at the beginning of June to see our new grandchild, but don't want to have to delay. So difficult to make any plans and move forward!

Think it will have to be a nice chilling glass of white wine tonight (or two!):goofy:

The answer may be as simple as a CO off work for some reason. Did you send the email to your CO's address or just the general one? If you don't hear on Monday, a nudge would be advisable.

I remember checking with HOC directly and I then passed the info to our CO - but there is no HOC contact facility for applicants now as far as I can see.

But relax over the weekend because there's nothing you can do!

Cheers

Steve

Yes, I sent the email direct to my case officer and also copied in the general email address I was given in relation to any queries re my application: WA_Offshore_Parents@immi.gov.au. I had contacted them to keep them updated with what was happening with the medicals etc and received an acknowledgement from them.

I think I will try calling on Monday.

When our CO did not answer our email(s) we emailed the question to the main email address and asked if our CO's email address was working, she replied that day! :wink:

Just after appointment our CO had 6 weeks off on holiday so it may not be unusual for them to disappear for weeks at a time. :eek:

I have not seen any discussion or thoughts on the board on the consultative process and DIAC aim of reducing and overhauling number of visas. This includes the current classes of Family Visas. Usually these processes have pretty firm ideas at the outset where they intend to go with it. The document is available on the DIAC site. Having some idea on the Governments thoughts would obviously be useful for folk making their plans. Personally I am in the queue for a 103, I changed my application from a 143 at the last minute a year ago when the dollar soared and the pound dived with the intention of switching to a 143 when and if the currencies came back near to that of a couple of years back. My plans could not take a 30% odd hit.

New question Guys.

Our bottle has gone with this slow housing market and instead of waiting out the rest of this year hoping to get a sale and then buy the one way ticket we have decided to go out and validate our visa at the end of May while the cheap flight offers are still on.

We can fit a week in during the half term even though it means 4 days of flying out of 8 days, it will get the job done and dusted.

As we have the CPV visa in our new passport do we need to get a visitors visa as well?

I know SirMatt did this so maybe he can tell us what he did? :notworthy:

I have not seen any discussion or thoughts on the board on the consultative process and DIAC aim of reducing and overhauling number of visas. This includes the current classes of Family Visas. Usually these processes have pretty firm ideas at the outset where they intend to go with it. The document is available on the DIAC site. Having some idea on the Governments thoughts would obviously be useful for folk making their plans. Personally I am in the queue for a 103, I changed my application from a 143 at the last minute a year ago when the dollar soared and the pound dived with the intention of switching to a 143 when and if the currencies came back near to that of a couple of years back. My plans could not take a 30% odd hit.

Do you mind if I ask did you lose your place in the queue....I have enquired regarding changing from 143 to 173 and have been told I would not only have to pay the first VAC again but also l would lose my place in the queue :cry:

Phoebe

I was going to apply for a 143 but instead applied for a 103 so I was not in any queue at that time, I am 18,000+ on this one!!!!. As I understand it if I do go for the 143 in say 2 years time I have to pay the first VAC again but queueing time should count so a CO would be appointed reasonably quickly

View Conversation Edit Report