Guest guest36187

Same here, we will be arriving in Melbourne just at the start of Winter - and Victorian winters are usually pretty wet! But they can have warm and sunny days too, a bit like the UK, slightly unpredictable, so a suitable assortment of appropriate clothes has to be packed.

Just remember - four seasons in one day - you get to hear that a lot here :SLEEP:.

Who said Marmite? Les? Was that you?

Ah Fridays. Red wine at 9:50am UK time. That's one good reason to move here. You can get going a few hours earlier.:wink:

I obviously hanvt been here long enough to get that one :mask:

But I don't mind you having a laugh at my expense Les :tongue:

Phoebe

Why do I find the need to get a rope and look for a tall tree when some mentions country music?

Please don't tell me they have it in Oz. :cry:

Why do I find the need to get a rope and look for a tall tree when some mentions country music?

Very strong Country scene here Les.

Have you paid the second VAC yet?:elvis:

You haven't been hanging around with the right people :cute: we like a bl**dy good laugh, a bl**dy good drink and a bl**dy good swear not necessarily in that order :wink: the Country music is just something to tap your feet to while your doing it :laugh:

Phoebe

I obviously hanvt been here long enough to get that one :mask:

But I don't mind you having a laugh at my expense Les :tongue:

Phoebe

Don't do it!!!!:mad: That's what nearly killed off another forum :SLEEP:- certainly caused a mutiny:eek:. Please note - I changed my avatar to try to distance myself and not draw attention to my part in the whole shinanigans!

Just remember - four seasons in one day - you get to hear that a lot here :SLEEP:.

Who said Marmite? Les? Was that you?

Ah Fridays. Red wine at 9:50am UK time. That's one good reason to move here. You can get going a few hours earlier.:wink:

It's a good job that you are still not in the UK, according to the news today you shouldn't have more than 1 glass per day !!:biglaugh:

Katie

OK it's time I put my ugly mug on my profile :yes:

Errrmmm how do you do it :huh:

Phoebe

Go to User CP (at the top of the page)

Select Settings and Options

choose 'edit avatar'

use option 1 if you want to paste in an image from the web or

option 2 to add one of your own pictures

Good luck

12.gif

It's a good job that you are still not in the UK, according to the news today you shouldn't have more than 1 glass per day !!:biglaugh:

Katie

Now that's just taking austerity measures too far!

Anyway, going by that rule, by Friday I have 5 glasses to catch up on (feeling the effects now)

:goofy:

Guest sirmatt101
We will also be staying with our daughter for several months as we haven't sold the house yet. We have decided to send over a huge suitcase with Freedom Shipping. It takes about 70 days by sea and as they charge by volume we are sending more of the heavier stuff in the case. I am trying to decide which stuff to take with us on the plane, which to put in the case to ship and which to put into storage with the rest of our furniture for a while. Nightmare! As it will be winter when we arrive in Perth we may need jumpers and coats and stuff. Hubby is driving me mad as he keeps packing stuff in boxes for storage which I haven't finished with yet.

When we finally left, we sent a 32kg box of things that wouldn't fit in the suitcases. We sent it via Excess Baggage.com. It arrived in Oz on 31/03/11 and is now waiting to be cleared somewhere in customs. It was £99 shipping fee including delivery this end, then another $99 this end for inspection charges! I am sure that we could have thrown it all away & bought new stuff for that price, but some of it was sentimental etc!

Cheers

Matt

No need for that Les..........I'm mean at the quick draw :cute: I'll just shoot you :biglaugh:

Phoebe

When you get to the Gold Coast there must be a job opportunity in one of the Theme Parks for a Wild West Show, keep practicing. :wink:

I''ll load the bullets, you keep firing them. :biglaugh:

When we finally left, we sent a 32kg box of things that wouldn't fit in the suitcases. We sent it via Excess Baggage.com. It arrived in Oz on 31/03/11 and is now waiting to be cleared somewhere in customs. It was £99 shipping fee including delivery this end, then another $99 this end for inspection charges! I am sure that we could have thrown it all away & bought new stuff for that price, but some of it was sentimental etc!

Cheers

Matt

Good point Matt, lots of times people forget to allow for the cost at Oz.

PSS offered us a 'free' tea chest of goods that would be air freighted to the local arrival airport and then mentions without any fees the we would be liable for all charges, so much for 'free'. :nah:

What happened to you also happened to our son and I thought he paid more than $99 to get his stuff back, plus a long trip to the airport. :mad:

Morning all,

Police checks and Forms 80 all sent off yesterday and Son-in-l opened the AOS Account at Bank. Question - does anyone know if it is possible for the interest on the AOS account to be paid directly to our own Bank Account? Our S-i-L was given no options regarding where the interest has to be paid (he thinks every six months) and so it seems it will be paid to him directly into his Bank Account. This has raised a concern for him regarding his Tax Returns and he would prefer if it could be paid direct to us. He is going to ask the Bank on Monday but has anyone out there been able to set things up as above? Advice would be welcomed and direction to any website info also. I have looked on Centrelink site but there is no mention at all about interest.

Many thanks Gill

Morning all,

Police checks and Forms 80 all sent off yesterday and Son-in-l opened the AOS Account at Bank. Question - does anyone know if it is possible for the interest on the AOS account to be paid directly to our own Bank Account? Our S-i-L was given no options regarding where the interest has to be paid (he thinks every six months) and so it seems it will be paid to him directly into his Bank Account. This has raised a concern for him regarding his Tax Returns and he would prefer if it could be paid direct to us. He is going to ask the Bank on Monday but has anyone out there been able to set things up as above? Advice would be welcomed and direction to any website info also. I have looked on Centrelink site but there is no mention at all about interest.

Many thanks Gill

Hi

No we just let our son get the interest and hope that he passes it on to us after making an allowance for his tax.

So good so far.

Charlie:biggrin:

Morning all,

Many thanks Gill

Would also like an answer to this as our Son in Law in exactly same position, was not given opportunity to get interest paid elswhere, and as he is Police Officer needs to keep things above board

If any of you and your offspring in Oz have an iPhone here is a great App.

Download VIBER takes 2 minutes to set up and you can make FREE phone calls and send FREE messages iPhone to iPhone anwhere in the world :biggrin: you will both need wi-fi or 3G :yes:

It actually works too I wanted to test it out first before I told you all (unless you already have it :swoon:) I've been useing it all week to ring my daughter and was surprised at how good it is I even heard the baby :jiggy:

Phoebe